Search results

1. Climatronic Blinks

Blinking climatronic display at start up means low gas pressure. I have the problem on my car at the moment after finding out how hard Hares are! Sounds Like you have hit something and ruptured a pipe or even the condenser (aircon radiator)
  2. steering wheel controls need help

Buy a new mini iso block from ebay/hellfoards/nexxia cut the yellow wire as close as you can to the plug, recrimp with a new mini iso min and your off! http://www.nexxia.co.uk/search_results.asp?product_keywords=mini+iso&go.x=0&go.y=0&go=submit From experience the yellow wire is very short...
  3. Front and Rear Speakers

I put the tweeter in the place that was there for them on the door card. Cant remember the mounting depth of the speakers was a couple of years ago I did that. I used a 22mm mdf baffle to bring the speaker out to get more clearance behind the door. The door card sits over this fine.
  4. Front and Rear Speakers

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=200149 Hope this may be of some help to you. Any advice give me a shout!
  5. glow plug light flashing...brake lights working! help please

Hi mate, am having a simlar problem with my Ibiza. The brake light switch serves two purposes. 1 is the obvious brake lights, the other is to tell the ECU that you are braking. If you put your brakes on whil accelerating the ecu will cut the power, dont know if you ever tried this before. My...
  6. luna grey colour code?

It is definatly S7Y as I said a few posts ago!
  7. fitting a aftermarket tachometer????

Think they could mean CAN BUS!?!
  8. Nakamichi Head Unit

I would reccomend some sound deadening as there is next to none as standard in the Ibiza, when I did my speaker install I was amazed at how little deadening in the car there is. On my list of things to do and probably worth doing ASAP to fully get the results of a Nak (or any) head unit.
  9. luna grey colour code?

S7Y is it mate!
  10. ICE Upgrade - Splitting the budget

Good place to start I would say, door cards are easy to get off, i would sound deaden the door inside and out, Seat seem not to have bothered sound deadening the car. I would go for the component speakers that I used again, their ease of installation and the sound that the make would sway me...
  11. ICE Upgrade - Splitting the budget

Mate, its not that difficult honestly! Just need to take your time.
  12. ICE Upgrade - Splitting the budget

Razzle, take a look at my install thread, I had done pretty much every thing you asked for Sub £120 from america about £50 tops to make the box Component speakers were £50 a pair for front and back Amp was £100 ebay job £50 for wiring screws ect I havent sound deadned but want to I think...
  13. My car audio install

Its nearly finished, just want to find an indash crossover and put a top on my false floor, will put some more pics up when the weather is better will get soaked out side just now!
  14. My car audio install

For those that are interested the speakers model number is REF6010CS 6.5" they fitted a treat into my car and couldnt reccomend them enough, they are as close to stock fit as you can get, you do need a spacer on the drivers door to stop them catching the windown when it is wound down and can...
  15. My car audio install

Chino I have a stealth shelf if you want it we can come to some arrangement. I had two 8 inch free air subs in it so will take some weight. I managed to get a fairly good baffle in the front door if you look at the pics I think it was 22mm mdf, this meant I was able to get the speakers in and...
  16. My car audio install

Think they were 6.25 but I cant remember eactly but they were an almost identical fit and the tweeters could have been more perfect.
  17. My car audio install

Have started to build a false floor and trimmed the side of the boot, pics tommorow
  18. Can anyone shed some light on my problem. Lighting up the boot (bad pun intended)

you only need to remove the trim from the left hand side of the boot to find a switch wire. There its a wire in there that whem the boot lid is closed the wire goes to groud. I ran a permenant live wire from the interior light (closest to standard). I then bought from vagparts a lamp and the...
  19. My car audio install

I plan next year to strip the interior out and sound proof. Also replace the trim clips that I broke removing the interior last time. The electronic crossover takes a front and rear RCA from the head unit. Then spilts it into 3 channels. Front, rear and sub. You then can controll the volume...
  20. My car audio install

Wouldnt consider my self hardcore. Im sure the hardcore would have other ideas on how to do things. Keep an eye on the ICE section but dont post, like you say, is fairly quite in there.