Search results

1. Options affecting Leon lead times

I was on the A1M near Wetherby services last week and passed a foreign registered artic (didn't see which country it came from) it was loaded with unregistered Seats, various models. Wonder what that was about? Edit to add it was travelling south.
  2. Deactivating interior sensors

Sorry for the delay in replying - been moving house! theoldboy, thanks for the info. I can confirm that tape over the sensors works fine and can be removed when you want the interiour sensors to work. Sometimes the simple things are the best!
  3. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

I drove ours today.......hour and a half to meet a heating engineer at out new home than hour and half back when I realised that I'd forgotten the keys to the new place. :cry: Good job the car is a nice drive just know my wife is not going to let me forget this for a while. :censored:
  4. Wipers - odd behavior or normal?

Many thanks for the replies, much appreciated. So it's basically a quirke of the car, like the dash lights dimming in daylight. If it was an Alfa it would be called character!
  5. Wipers - odd behavior or normal?

Went out to fill the car up with fuel this afternoon as it was pouring down I had the wipers on. Stopped at the petrol station, I just switched the car off (I didn't switch the wipers off), filled up then got back in the car and started it. I drove away but the wipers didn't start...
  6. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Drove out to get hot drink and food then due to fog just sat in the car keeping warm - power cut and all electric house! Heater in the car is great!
  7. Options affecting Leon lead times

Ben, I'd suggest letting Motability know about the wheels so when you need tyres they don't question why your having the wrong size fitted! Also when you hand the car back they know that you've not swopped the wheels.
  8. Deactivating interior sensors

Caps, Yes there is that option but you have to do it every time. So if you go back to the car to let the dog out you have to start the car and go through it again. As I said in my OP it's a right faff! OT Caps are you enjoying your car as much as we are ours? Our previous car you just...
  9. Deactivating interior sensors

I've tried that and I can't get to deactivate the sensors. :( Just a thought - would covering up the sensors work?
  10. Deactivating interior sensors

Sorry Ben but I can't find a button on the b pillar! I've not had chance to try the double key press slowly yet but will try it out tomorrow. Many thanks for helping.
  11. Deactivating interior sensors

We have a dog that always comes out with us and so if we park we need to deactivate the interior alarm sensors and it's a faff to do it! If my wife is out on her own she phones me every time to talk her through it! You have to go into the setting menu and find opening and closing and un-tick...
  12. Questions about 1.8 FR

My 1.8TSI FR tech came with an electric hand brake and hold function so no hand brake lever. Central cubby box is quite small but there is a storage box under the drivers seat. The engine is very good, smooth and powerful enough! Works very well with the DSG box. The ride on the 18" wheels...
  13. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Yes, in the sat nav settings you can get it to show all petrol stations, listed under POIs I think.
  14. "Component protection active" ?

Went out today and everything is normal, radio, media and navigation all worked fine. Appreciate what your saying Andrew but I know how difficult/impossible intermittent faults are to fix. For now I'll just wait to see if it happens again before bothering the dealer. Many thanks to all that...
  15. "Component protection active" ?

Deano - no changes, the car is only a couple of months old. Seatgraham - well it was Steve (love the show) Wright so maybe the computer has better taste than me.:)
  16. "Component protection active" ?

Got the car earlier, started and drove off went to change the screen to radio and noticed that across the top of the screen was the message "Component protection active". I couldn't get any volume from the radio or media but the phone worked fine. After about 5 miles the message...
  17. Options affecting Leon lead times

Ordered ours about the same time and we were told that if we wanted the 1.4 engine it would be about 6 months delivery. Surprised that the Motability guy at the dealership didn't tell you this, he should have and I would suggest that you tell Motability this. We didn't want the 1.4 engine...
  18. Dashboard lights

I fail to see how it is a safety feature when it stops you seeing what speed your doing! As I've said the dimming is just random, it even dims in bright sunlight. Anyway happy new year to all. :cheers:
  19. Dashboard lights

Thanks for the reply Wings. If it's meant to do it then it's daft! There is no reason to dim them during the day and, as I said, it seems to be completely random. The other thing that is slightly annoying is needing to use the centre screen to dim the dash lights at night. I sometimes (when...
  20. Dashboard lights

During the daytime the dashboard is back lit but mine seems to dim randomly. At night with the headlights on they are fine. The car doesn't have auto lights and the dimming follows no pattern. I'll take it to the dealer in the new year but just wondered if anyone else had this problem? Car is...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members