Search results

1. Nathan penney

What do you do when your mk1 LCR reaches 100k?…

… You buy another!! ;):cool:My much cherished 2006 Cupra R that I’ve owned for about 6 years has hit the 100k milestone. Not a problem I know it will cover another 100 without a problem as long as I continue to look after it properly. However, I started lusting after a Lower mileage one and had...
  2. Nathan penney

Mk1 LCR frenzy in Aberystwyth

On my 3 hour drive to Tesco Aberystwyth this morning in my wagon spotted 3 mk1 Cupra R’s. Or one of them maybe FR+, but still. The first a black one, I see this one every time I pass as it’s sat inside a showroom on the way in to Aberystwyth on the A44. Then, as the mornings are getting lighter...
  3. Nathan penney

Leon boot letters

If anyone is thinking of de-lettering their mk1 Cupra R or has done so, I’m after the LEON letters for the boot lid. I have everything else, new R’s, new red Cupra badge but can’t seem to get the correct Leon badge. Bought a mk2 one but different size letters. Looking at a very light...
  4. Nathan penney

Road trip to Le Mans 24 hours in my Mk1 Cupra R

After an amazing weekend in France at the Le Mans 24, I thought I’d share a couple of photos and a bit of a write up on the joys of owning and taking my 16 year old Leon Cupra R on a 1127 mile round trip. With great excitement at getting up in the early hours my 11 year old son and I set off at...
  5. Nathan penney

Le Mans 2022, anyone going?

Just wandered if anyone else from the Cupra.net community is off to the LeMans 24hr? Me and my lad are going and in previous years I’ve always seen a few other Uk registered Seats dotted about the campsites and wandered if the owners were on here. I have spotted cards this time. ;) First time...
  6. Nathan penney

Anyone missing a car?

Just back from hot wheels monster trucks live. Shame to see two of Spain’s finest bookending a line up about to be crushed. Well I say crushed, the one that’s missing from the 2nd photo got eaten. Yes eaten Bet there’s not many Leon’s ended their life getting eaten by a dinosaur. :oops:
  7. Nathan penney

Police Cupra Ateca

Spotted on the M57 yesterday. Cupra Ateca police car. Full livery. Looked ace. Merseyside police seem to be going all vw group. Skoda scala patrol cars, VW transporter vans, larger grafter vans with riot gear and now a Cupra Ateca.
  8. Nathan penney

Seen my first formentor today

Heading towards switch island at the end of M58. Matt blue formentor. First one I’ve seen, I was on the opposite side but got a quick glimpse. Looked nice from what I saw.
  9. Nathan penney

Am i now a diesel head??

I know it’s not a Seat but thought I’d share a photo of my new daily driver. I’ve heard it said many times you’re not a proper petrol head if you’ve never owned an Alfa, so... diesel head?? ?? Picked it up yesterday. 1.9 JTDM (150) 75.000 miles and stunning. And more importantly a 2 year gold...
  10. Nathan penney

235/40 tyres instead of 225/40’s??

I have a new set of Michelin Pilot sports that were ordered incorrectly for another car I’m getting soon. They are 235/40 R 18 LCR has 225/40 R 18 Has anyone run these? Any problems? My car is on standard suspension. A mate who has worked as a tyre fitter for years and is now a techy at BMW has...
  11. Nathan penney

Mk4 Leon and Cupra Ateca

Two nice spots today. Blue Mk4 Leon- first one I’ve seen. Heading south on the M6 near Lancaster at about 10 o clock this morning. Only the new Leon script on the boot made it recognisable as a Mk4. :( Then a nice looking White Cupra Ateca on the M57 heading towards Southport.:love:
  12. Nathan penney

Team heko wind deflectors

Set of 4 team heko wind deflectors for mk1 leon. £15 They were on the car when I bought it 3 years ago, took them off and been stored since. Excellent condition, only very very minor marks that aren’t noticeable on a couple of them. Preferred collection from Liverpool but will post at extra cost.
  13. Nathan penney

Parcel shelf mk1

Grey parcel shelf mk1 Leon. £20 Got the retractable type strings. Work perfectly. In excellent condition with no rips, tears or marks. Preferably collect from Liverpool but will post at extra cost.
  14. Nathan penney

What a prize!

Came across this old programme from Seat Cupra championship at Oulton Park in 2003 whist going through some old car magazines yesterday. Check out the prize on offer inside! Wander if the winner was ever a member on here?
  15. Nathan penney

Fire up the Quattro

I know it’s not a Seat, but suppose it’s part of the family. New Tamiya Audi Quattro kit finally finished. Had it a few months but not much time so been doing a bit every week. Its supposed to be rally livery but love red Quattro’s and a big fan of Ashes to Ashes (And keeley Hawes) Lol so...
  16. Nathan penney

Black mk3 Cupra R

Was that you @paddy6789 on the M6 heading south just after junction 28 this morning? Just delivered to Tesco Buckshaw when I saw a black Cupra R that caught my eye. I was plodding along at a maxed out 55 in my truck at the time. :banghead2
  17. Nathan penney

Electric cars by 2035

So they’ve brought the deadline forward by 5 years to ban the sale of petrol, diesel and now hybrid cars by 2035. Be interesting to see how the infrastructure is going to be in place by then Boris? My sister in law bought a Nissan Leaf 3 months ago. She loves the car but hasn’t had the fast...
  18. Nathan penney

Modern classic magazine

Just a quick heads up if anyone’s interested, Feb issue of Modern classic magazine ( on sale 3rd Jan) Looks like they’re doing a write up on mk1 Cupra R. Just been reading this months and as always drooling over the cars I always wanted. Lol
  19. Nathan penney

Where’s the new car smell gone?

I know this might seem a daft question but does anyone know why new cars don’t have that ‘new car smell’ anymore even when brand new? I personally haven’t had a brand new car since 2006 but I’ve been in a few new car dealers over the years to get cars serviced etc and always have a sit in...
  20. Nathan penney

Black Cupra Ateca

Stunning black Cupra Ateca on the A483 heading towards Newtown in mid wales. I was in my wagon heading from Newtown and it caught my eye. Had a private plate on it can’t remember what it was. First black one I’ve seen.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members