Search results

1. running cables true firewall

There's only one place I think, on the right hand side of the firewall as your looking at the front of the car. There's a bundle of cable that goes through to behind the glove box. There are three screws and one finger screw on the plastic panel under the glove box - remove those and then take...
  2. I have a scratch on the black plastic strip next to front window..advise.

How did you make the templates? I was planning to try and use some tracing paper, but I'm not sure I will find any big enough to fit the B pillars without ordering online
  3. I have a scratch on the black plastic strip next to front window..advise.

As above, gloss black pillars are a nightmare on any car. Can you feel the scratch with your nail? If not, you should be able to polish it out. You may need a heavy polish depending on how bad the scratch is, but you will definitely need to go over the whole pillar with a light finishing...
  4. Cupra 280 Grinding Noise

That's really interesting! Exactly the same sound To be honest, Seat seem to have jumped at the chance to claim anything and everything on warranty. I asked them to sort a fan grinding noise from the AC thinking it would be a fan bearing or a label catching on the fan blades etc...nope, they...
  5. Cupra 280 Grinding Noise

Can anyone help diagnose this noise? Car is a 2015 Cupra 280, DSG gearbox. I thought it was the starter motor sticking, however the car has been in with Seat this week and they've replaced the starter motor under warrantly. Unfortunately I've got to take the car back as they damaged my...
  6. ACC and DCC

Cruise control is standard, but not adaptive cruise control. Look for a small square in the lower front grill as an indicator for adaptive cruise - this is the sensor DCC and variable driving modes are standard.
  7. Engine rattle on acceleration?

I have a similar thing, however my rattle is definitely coming from under the car and sounds like a tiny pebble stuck in the exhaust. Should be going into the dealer over the next couple of weeks so can let you know what they say if this sounds similar.
  8. New cupra 300 arriving detailing the car

Have a look at the group "Detailing Central" on Facebook. Loads of great advice, recommendations and there are plenty of online detailing shops mentioned there (most with discount codes available in the pinned post)
  9. New cupra 300 arriving detailing the car

If you have the cash to get it done properly then it's well worth it on such a nice car. If someone is claiming to do a full detail in half a day for £100 then it's more than likely a waste of money. A proper detailing should be £300+ and take 1-4 days including a 1 or 2 stage machine polish...