Search results

1. vibration when letting off between 2500-3000rpm

Can’t replicate it in neutral, I have been to the main dealers twice now for what I believe could be flywheel failing, when car comes to a stop, 2-1 I hear a chatter and I can replicate it by blipping throttle while reversing. Even though I showed the dealers a video of the issue they told me...
  2. vibration when letting off between 2500-3000rpm

Noticed the vibration since 37k when I bought it and it’s on 42k now, I wouldn’t expect something like that to be damaged so soon but you never know these days. Is it an expensive job
  3. vibration when letting off between 2500-3000rpm

Any reason they would only do it within a specific rpm range though
  4. vibration when letting off between 2500-3000rpm

I saw a thumbs up no smiley, I’m just in a foul mood, sick of the car, it’s got warranty and twice I have been fobbed off by main dealers, they’re useless.
  5. vibration when letting off between 2500-3000rpm

Dsg and was serviced by vw at 38k miles, issue was there before and I never realised it was an issue until recently where I’ve managed to replicate it numerous times.
  6. vibration when letting off between 2500-3000rpm

i do get a little as i have a powerflex hybrid bush, the issue i have was there before too.
  7. vibration when letting off between 2500-3000rpm

I have been getting a vibration through the front end end and in the steering wheel if im at say 2k rpm and let off the throttle at 2800/3000rpm after giving it some. it only does it in this rpm range and it doesnt matter what gear im in, im confused to as what it could be. anyone had this...
  8. dq381 worrying noise, cupra 290

i own a cupra 290 which i had a dsg service done by vw at 38k as i was noticing a chatter type noise as the car goes from 2nd to 1st. i have managed to replicate this noise by putting the car into drive and revving it while keeping the brake held down. could someone advise me what it could...
  9. dq381 jerky downshifts

I have just purchased a facelift 290 with the dq381 gearbox, car currently sits on 37k miles, im not sure if these gearboxes generally are harsh within regards to shifting on stock tcu software. The "issue" so to speak is that in comfort/normal mode the gears change up too early and downshift...
  10. burning oil smell from exhaust but no smoke, what could it be? mk2 cupra r

Reckon so? It doesn’t smoke at all and the smells only there when I come to a stop, maybe only leaking when idling due to being under vacuum when driving?
  11. burning oil smell from exhaust but no smoke, what could it be? mk2 cupra r

As stated in the title, when i come to a stop and i have the window down or the heating/air con on i can smell a strong smell of burning oil thats 100% coming from inside the exhaust at the tips, anyone got any ideas what it could be? it doesnt smoke one bit.
  12. rpm fluctuating in 1st gear when cruising, any ideas?

forgot to mention, had the car to r-tech, had injectors cleaned and also the inlet valves, no fault codes or anything, ive logged things like fuel pressure, misfires etc etc and nothing shows at all.
  13. rpm fluctuating in 1st gear when cruising, any ideas?

the thing is, my fuel trims are well within spec, short term is like -0.8 and long term fuel trims are at 1.6, ive changed the pcv and hoses, the diverter, the n80 valve, charcoal canister and the rocker cover gasket and its done nothing, even changed the spark plugs twice. only thing i havent...
  14. rpm fluctuating in 1st gear when cruising, any ideas?

if i try accelerate in 1st gear when im in traffic, if i hold a steady throttle below 2k rpm the car bucks and the rpm fluctuates up and down, is this normal?
  15. Fluctuating rpm

Did you ever manage to sort this? My mk2 cupra R is doing the same thing and I can replicate it by just blipping the throttle, only does it when driving not at idle
  16. mk2 cupra R rpm bouncing around when letting off the throttle, what could be the issue?

so my mk2 cupra r has this weird issue where, when i let off the throttle the rpm needle will jump up and down a couple hundred rpm, the car also feels like its bucking at the same time, it can happen if i blip the throttle too but only when accelerating. ive replaced the spark plugs but didn't...
  17. can a decat thats not mapped cause fault code p0171 too lean? and high ltft

turns out it was either the maf sensor or the ramair intake.
  18. can a decat thats not mapped cause fault code p0171 too lean? and high ltft

I have found a mk2 cupra r i really like, however the owner says that he put a decat on it and didnt get it mapped, every so many miles it will throw an eml and give out a p0171 fault code stating bank 1 is too lean. He has shown me the long term fuel trims when the fault occurs and it is +23%...
  19. dq250 issues 2nd to 1st in comfort/drive cupra 280

this has been going on for over a year and before i end up wasting money trying to fix something that may be a common issue i need other peoples feedback. when i drive the car in comfort/drive, when the idle rpm is 800 (did it when 700 too), when I'm coming to a stop whether it be in auto or...
  20. left front level control system sensor, short circuit to ground

had my car off the road for a couple week, whilst i waited for a part to return, now i have the yellow triangle warning on my dash, ive tried to reset the headlights but the code comes back. anyone ever had this issue before and know where i can locate said sensor, guessing on the suspension...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.