Search results

1. dq381 worrying noise, cupra 290

i own a cupra 290 which i had a dsg service done by vw at 38k as i was noticing a chatter type noise as the car goes from 2nd to 1st. i have managed to replicate this noise by putting the car into drive and revving it while keeping the brake held down. could someone advise me what it could...
  2. dq381 jerky downshifts

I have just purchased a facelift 290 with the dq381 gearbox, car currently sits on 37k miles, im not sure if these gearboxes generally are harsh within regards to shifting on stock tcu software. The "issue" so to speak is that in comfort/normal mode the gears change up too early and downshift...
  3. burning oil smell from exhaust but no smoke, what could it be? mk2 cupra r

As stated in the title, when i come to a stop and i have the window down or the heating/air con on i can smell a strong smell of burning oil thats 100% coming from inside the exhaust at the tips, anyone got any ideas what it could be? it doesnt smoke one bit.
  4. rpm fluctuating in 1st gear when cruising, any ideas?

if i try accelerate in 1st gear when im in traffic, if i hold a steady throttle below 2k rpm the car bucks and the rpm fluctuates up and down, is this normal?
  5. mk2 cupra R rpm bouncing around when letting off the throttle, what could be the issue?

so my mk2 cupra r has this weird issue where, when i let off the throttle the rpm needle will jump up and down a couple hundred rpm, the car also feels like its bucking at the same time, it can happen if i blip the throttle too but only when accelerating. ive replaced the spark plugs but didn't...
  6. can a decat thats not mapped cause fault code p0171 too lean? and high ltft

I have found a mk2 cupra r i really like, however the owner says that he put a decat on it and didnt get it mapped, every so many miles it will throw an eml and give out a p0171 fault code stating bank 1 is too lean. He has shown me the long term fuel trims when the fault occurs and it is +23%...
  7. dq250 issues 2nd to 1st in comfort/drive cupra 280

this has been going on for over a year and before i end up wasting money trying to fix something that may be a common issue i need other peoples feedback. when i drive the car in comfort/drive, when the idle rpm is 800 (did it when 700 too), when I'm coming to a stop whether it be in auto or...
  8. left front level control system sensor, short circuit to ground

had my car off the road for a couple week, whilst i waited for a part to return, now i have the yellow triangle warning on my dash, ive tried to reset the headlights but the code comes back. anyone ever had this issue before and know where i can locate said sensor, guessing on the suspension...
  9. Turbine damage and scored bearings

So recently I sent a turbo back due to it having too much in and out play, this turbo ran a stock compressor and turbine but with "uprated" bearings. When the turbo had been returned the company then sent me pictures showing damage to the turbine, they also said all the bearings were scored but...
  10. Anyone here put a cupra 300 rear bumper on a pfl 280/290?

I purchased a facelift bumper as mine pfl one is damaged and I couldn't find a pfl one cheap. I was told it would fit on the pfl which it does everywhere except underneath, ir doesnt line up with the plastic brackets, anyone else had this issue?
  11. Knock sensor voltages, what should they be

I've taken an interest to detonation/engine knock and how its affected, whilst logging my stage 2 cupra 280 my knock sensor voltages have peaked around 1.5v or just over, does the knock sensor voltage have any correlation with engine knock itself.
  12. Metallic noise under wide open throttle cupra 280

When I'm driving the car and say for example I use the kick down feature, as it drops down gears and then starts to pick up, I hear this sort of whining/metallic noise, I recently had to replace my turbo as it went bang so I'm ruling that out, what else could it possibly be, someone told me it...
  13. Cupra 280 smashed rear window

Has anyone here ever had to have their back window replaced? It looks like the glass sits underneath the spoiler, will this be an issue?
  14. what is the stock clamping pressure for the dq250?

does anyone know what the stock clamping pressures are for the dq250 found in the 280/290, and what should the clamping pressure be on a tuned one running 400ibft.
  15. Limp mode when hitting limiter using kickdown

So my car has done this twice where I use kickdown mode, it gets to around 6500rpm as its tuned, instead of the car changing gear when it did hit the limiter it instead threw tbe car into limp mode, both times its come up with cylinder misfire and hide cylinder what could it be?
  16. Cupra 280 dq250 jerky downshifts

Has anyone else noticed that especially in sports mode when the car is dropping down gears in automatic mode, mostly 3-2 2-1 that the car seems to jerk forward?
  17. Slight knocking noise going from D to N or vice versa

Can anyone shed some light on this cupra 280 dsg, started happening tonight, hopefully nothing major
  18. 2nd to 3rd gear dsg manual mode lag

ive noticed this recently that if I’m in automatic mode and I switch to manual while In 2nd gear and 2nd gear only, and then try switch up with the paddles, the revs keep climbing although it says on the screen I’ve changed gears, what could this be? I have a tcu tune too.
  19. Implausible fault codes that won’t clear

U112200 brake (03) fault code implausible U112100 parking assistance unit 76 I’m assuming these are linked but can’t figure out the issue, any help?
  20. I’ve messed up I need help

I reset unit 44 in obd11 for the steering assist and now I’m getting an angle sensor error, my park assist isn’t working, light regulator fault code, I dno what to do , any help?
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.