Search results

1. Headlight beam adjustment

that's great thanks, so post dated 15 August 2015 by BigfatPaulie includes the following diagram .... looks like I will have to dig out my allen keys ...
  2. Headlight beam adjustment

Winter's here and I suddenly realise the low beam headlamps seem to lack forward light penetration ... the high beam are of course better, from past experience with other cars the beam aim needs to be adjusted slightly.. So how to do this with the LED headlights? Usually it's just a simple...
  3. I do HATE the keyless initiative.

the low battery warning came on for a week or so before I replaced the battery, I guess if the battery is allowed to go fully flat the "key not detected" warning would show, however I've not seen that one (thankfully)
  4. I do HATE the keyless initiative.

Actually I've been through the battery issue, one of the key fobs only, and I now keep a spare battery in the car! My biggest concern is that the vehicle is insecure when parked up if I am nearby with the keys with me.
  5. I do HATE the keyless initiative.

The SEAT Toledo I drive is supposed to have keyless locking / unlocking .... has never worked from new and I have never chased dealer to get it working. But, yesterday whilst at a boot fair (windows open doors shut) suddenly the car locked itself and when Mrs S extended her arm inside the car to...
  6. Aircon/High-speed fan issues (long post)

some years ago - with a different make of car - I had a problem with the heating system, the fan only worked on the fastest speed. Turned out it was the fan resister that had failed, a common problem. Not sure if this is your problem but worth checking - if only to cross off the list! Good luck...
  7. what REAL mpg are people getting on the 110 TSI cars?

Brim to brim I'm now showing 47.7 mpg on my mileage log (38,000 miles). My daily commute is 37 miles each way, mixture of fast motorway, A road cross country driving and urban driving. Many of fill ups show over 50mpg, it changes with (probably) weather and traffic on different days. Also...
  8. Any modified Toledo's?

I have had an opening sunroof fitted to my car, professionally fitted by a Webasto dealer. Lovely in the summer, but also just as nice on a warmer sunny February day!
  9. R.I.P Toledo?

I'm happy with the 1.0 Toledo too ... have now switched to 15" wheels and Cross Climate tyres, ride is much more comfortable. (have the 17" in the shed, 4mm tread left so will need to switch back in the spring) Performance wise I'm no slouch but rarely have trouble getting up to speed and rarely...
  10. Breakdown! Yellow warning lights and parking beep!

Sad tale. Setting off for work and the moment the ignition button was pressed mayhem. The parking sensor bleeped, engine ran badly and 3 warning lights remained on, together with the yellow triangle indicating there is a problem. The ESC, Tyre Pressure and EPC lights. I switched off the engine...
  11. Keyless entry

Don't need Carista for that ... part of the standard options on one of the user menus
  12. Mk4 Software updates and service benefits at dealer

I would agree, to protect the warranty you must have the car serviced as specified by SEAT, if something goes wrong 12 months from now and your car's services are not up to date as they specify then they would be within their rights to walk away and leave you to foot the bill.
  13. Keyless entry

Thanks ... this explains why the car unlocked on one occasion when I touched the driver's door handle ... I was worried there was a fault somewhere. To be honest I never have used this system, one single press of the open button on remote opens the driver's side doors, double press if need to...
  14. R.I.P Toledo?

Shame, but to be expected. The model range has been reduced over the past few years. Just pleased to have purchased mine whilst the prices were good.
  15. 1.0 in the real world?

I drive a 1.0 engine Toledo, have driven 15k since August, prior to this I drove a 2 litre Nissan Primera. My daily commute is 37 miles each way, 20 miles at motorway speeds, balance a mix of urban and single carriageway 'A' roads, annually I drive circa 20k miles. Generally it keeps up well...
  16. 1.0 tsi 6 speed gearbox very stiff

I find the gearbox is much smoother now, 4th gear slots in fine without earlier "notchiness" - have driven 14,600 miles
  17. what REAL mpg are people getting on the 110 TSI cars?

I'm getting just over 45 mpg, brim to brim, based on 14,600 miles ... looking for a better figure in the summer, although I am unsure how use of aircon and soon to be fitted opening sunroof will affect that
  18. great deal on Toledo 1.0 TSI xcellence £11995 OTR

If it's a company car the RRP is used for car tax purposes ... which means the driver does not benefit from the realistic prices :cry:
  19. Items not on new car

I'd rather of had the winter pack or reversing camera and deleted KISSY ... it's the problem when buying an off the shelf car specced by marketing department with what they think people want ... I only did so because of the price I paid!
  20. Items not on new car

I always manually lock the car doors .... they try to open one of them to make sure ... paranoid I know but that's life!