Search results

1. Luke_bank

Leon MK3 Boot Trim Inspection Cover + assorted clips

Can anybody make use of the slide out covers from the Leon MK3 boot trim and the assorted clips? Clips are from the tail gate trim. If so, please make an offer.
  2. Luke_bank

Damaged Boot Trim

I should’ve learnt not to try and wire my own dash cam, after so many failed DIY attempts in the past. Long story but here’s the short version: - fitted a dash cam - had a rattle ever since - thought it was boot trim as it was loose so replaced clips etc - dealership aren’t interested as I...
  3. Luke_bank

Boot Trim Clips

Hello all, I know there are already some threads on similar topics but I have searched and can’t find the right answer. I had my boot trim off the other day in order to route cabling for a dash cam (definitely not for the faint hearted). Anyway, I’ve put it back on and it’s loose particularly...
  4. Luke_bank

Scratched Windscreen

So, I picked up my new car on Friday and I have today noticed a scratch, perhaps 5“ in length, across my windscreen, just above my field of vision. What shall I do? 1. Try a bit of DIY 2. Get over it 3. Get onto the dealer - although they have said they’d likely just replace the windscreen!!!
  5. Luke_bank

Dash Cam Recommendations

Can people recommend Dash Cams please? Budget £50. Looking at front and rear (if possible). I would like to hardwire it so that it’s constantly recording/records if someone damages the car when parked. I’ve been looking at this on Amazon - APEMAN Dash Cam Front and Rear Support GPS 1080P...
  6. Luke_bank

Northamptonshire Police Cupra

Northamptonshire Police Road Crime Team new wheels.... Can see some new Leon’s in the background too.
  7. Luke_bank

Grey Mk2 Leon - A264 Horsham to Crawley

Spotted a stunning grey mark 2 Leon on the A264 from Horsham to Crawley. Black grill. Looked wicked. Driver and his female passenger gave me a wave!
  8. Luke_bank

Preferential Early Termination

Anyone had any experience of a preferential early termination with VWFS/SEAT Finance? I’m changing my FR early, just for another FR Black Edition. VWFS said on 23rd April that they wanted £11,500 as the preferential early termination figure. I’m not getting the car until early June so...
  9. Luke_bank

£35m Car Park

I know its the Daily Fail but look....:scary: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8290433/Old-RAF-airbase-packed-35m-worth-cars-wants-amid-covid-19-crisis.html
  10. Luke_bank

Space Saver Spare

Random one, what does the boot area (underneath the carpet) look like without a space saver spare? I’m part exchanging mine in a few weeks and it hasn’t got a space saver so was planning on taking mine out but don’t want to leave the next owner with a massive void where the wheel should be!
  11. Luke_bank

Black wheels caps for 2018 Leon FR

Can't find decent ones anywhere!!
  12. Luke_bank

When do we think dealers will reopen?

What are peoples thoughts on when dealers will reopen? Ordered a Black Edition FR last week which is already at a UK port but I'm at the mercy of when the dealers reopen as to when I can collect it!
  13. Luke_bank

Should I wait for the MK4?

Hello all, The time has come where I'm exploring my options for the end of the lease on my current (MK3) Leon FR which is due to go back in February. After an unfortunate incident with a deer I spoke to the dealer the other day about a new grill. We then got chatting about a "preferential...
  14. Luke_bank

Service Reminder

Hi all, Long time since I’ve been on here. The FR has been doing great, minus some very annoying little rattles and now a creaky suspension, but hey I’ll blame the cold weather. My Oil Service Reminder popped up today. It says an oil change is due in 1100 miles yet I’m on 8200 miles. I...
  15. Luke_bank

Write Off Criteria

Recently involved in a fairly serious collision with my 4 week old Leon (sore issue, don’t wind me up too much please). I’ve never been involved in a collision before, so the insurance process is new to me. Whilst I’m waiting for my car to be assessed, it got me thinking about how an...
  16. Luke_bank

Tyre Pressures

Am I missing something here? Just checked my tyre pressures for the first tjme, in order to set the monitoring system. They were at a whopping 45 and 46 psi, presumably inflated by the dealer. I’ve now inflated them as per the top like on the date label. 36psi on the front & 33 back. Why...
  17. Luke_bank

New 67 Plate Leon - Rattles!

Hi all, I picked up my brand new shiny Leon FR just over two weeks ago. First impressions are great, it feels solidly built and a big improvement on my 2013 Leon. However, on my drive to work today, I noticed three separate rattles, one from the boot area, one from the passenger side front...
  18. Luke_bank

Creak/Squeal/Something annoying when pulling away

Hey all, My first post on here, and it's a problem I'm afraid!! My nearly 4 year old Mk3 SEAT Leon SC 1.4TSI has developed a squeal/creak when pulling away. I've done some troubleshooting tonight and have managed to work out that it's when pulling away, 1st gear, having just had the...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.