Search results

1. Droning/Harmonic Humming sound

@R3k1355 You were indeed correct, thank you! The sound was travelling from the drivers side to the passenger side, making it seem like it wasn't the fault. Both of the wheel bearings were actually faulty and both went at the same time, what a coincidence.. Both are now replaced and no droning...
  2. Droning/Harmonic Humming sound

Just bumping my own thread here since I finally got a chance to replace the passenger side wheel bearing, since the noise appeared to be increasing whilst making a right turn. After great effort and a 20T was finally able to replace it. However, the noise still appears to be there when making a...
  3. Droning/Harmonic Humming sound

Hi, Recently I have been hearing a droning sound coming from the front end when driving at speeds above 30mph, I suspect a wheel bearing is failing, however I have done the usual checks (loading more onto each side by turning in one direction. Checked the wheels for play whilst off the ground)...
  4. Mystifying Seat Ibiza MK4 1.2 misfire [SOLVED]

I have finally solved the issue with the vehicle, so anyone who encounters this issue the following may be of use: After doing all of the usual checks: Checked Coil Pack - OK Changed Spark plug - OK Changed fuel injector - OK (Here was the issue I will discuss) Compression test - all...
  5. Gearbox problem!!

Sounds like your gear selector cable has snapped or come unlinked from the gearbox?
  6. Mystifying Seat Ibiza MK4 1.2 misfire [SOLVED]

The engine code is BXV. Cheers
  7. Mystifying Seat Ibiza MK4 1.2 misfire [SOLVED]

Hi Saravana, I got done with fitting a new timing chain and tensioner I also got the cylinder head refurbished with new valves, valve guides and seals. Unfortunately the problem is still there. What I recommend doing to check your timing is out is taking the camshaft caps off on the right...
  8. Mystifying Seat Ibiza MK4 1.2 misfire [SOLVED]

@Sprabu I haven't had any luck with the suggestions from this forum post so far, I'd given up for a while and was switching the ignition off on the motorway to the first position and back to ignition (important to not switch completely since I don't want the steering wheel to lock up) whilst...
  9. Mystifying Seat Ibiza MK4 1.2 misfire [SOLVED]

@turbod Yes I do believe if the cam/crank position sensor was out it would flag as an error code and all cylinders would be misfiring and indeed the stretched timing chain would mean all cylinders would be missing.. it has to be a problem with the electrics/ignition. @chrisRibiza I'll have to...
  10. Mystifying Seat Ibiza MK4 1.2 misfire [SOLVED]

After trying to diagnose the issue for a few days now, still no avail.. unfortunately there is no ignition control module on the Mk4 ibizas so it cannot be one of the issues, thank you for the suggestion regardless. When I performed the compression test I was recieving results from all...
  11. Mystifying Seat Ibiza MK4 1.2 misfire [SOLVED]

I did indeed swop coils between cylinders, and the same for the injector. What is it you mean by COP? I'll check the earthing today and report back to see if it has cured the problem. Cheers
  12. Mystifying Seat Ibiza MK4 1.2 misfire [SOLVED]

Hello everyone, I've been looking over this forum for the issue I'm experiencing and haven't found a possible solution to the misfire problem I'm having with my Seat Ibiza 1.2 Reference Sport 2007, the issue started out with the car engine management light blinking when travelling on the...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.