Search results

1. Engine warning light - ON -When I start in the morning

Hi all, On Saturday, We checked the Cam shaft position sensor connections, Looks like all 3 pins gets connected to ECU, so no connectivity problem (Checked using continuity test in multi-meter) . Then we tapped all 3 wires (CAM sensor) and checked the values using multimeter, One wire gave 5V...
  2. Engine warning light - ON -When I start in the morning

Hi leo5566, Thank you, I understand it might be valves, Garages say it will take £700-800 do the timing chain and valves. I am not sure if it is worth doing it. I have done following things checked at different garages but no changes in fault, 1. Cam sensor replaced and checked 2. Crank...
  3. Engine warning light - ON -When I start in the morning

Hi Nic, Thanks for Pin details, I am able to see 1-2-3 pin numbers from CAM sensor side but can you confirm how PIN count needs to start for ECU connector side ? Also I have already done compression test from VAS Inde Garage, They told everything is OK but I am not sure they did DRY and...
  4. Engine warning light - ON -When I start in the morning

Hi Nic, Thanks for pin details, Garage has already done compression test.. they told all ok..But not sure they did dry and wet test. I will check with them.
  5. Engine warning light - ON -When I start in the morning

Hi All, Garage (VAS inde) checked the timing chain today and they told timing is OK and it might be problem with cylinder head/valves. Garage person told it will take time and money(around 700-800£), So I told not to do the same. I am not sure now if really problem with Engine or wiring for Cam...
  6. Mystifying Seat Ibiza MK4 1.2 misfire [SOLVED]

Hi Aokuan, They checked the timing chain today and they told timing is OK and it might be problem with cylinder head/valves. Garage person told it will take time and money(around 700-800£), So I told not to do the same. I am not sure now if really problem with Engine or wiring for Cam sensor...
  7. Mystifying Seat Ibiza MK4 1.2 misfire [SOLVED]

Hi Aokuan, I am also in same situation like you, I checked with one of the garage they told they suspect this might be timing chain problem (jumped/stretched), I have booked appointment on coming Tuesday to do the same. Can you please let me know any update on your case? It might help me...
  8. Engine warning light - ON -When I start in the morning

Thank you RUM4MO, I have decided to fix the issue and run for some time. It will be cheaper than buying new car anyway. Thanks for Suggestion. I will let all know the update once the problem solved.
  9. Engine warning light - ON -When I start in the morning

hi all, any update on my question please
  10. Engine warning light - ON -When I start in the morning

Hi, Yesterday checked with VAS Independent garage, He did compression test and said compression test is normal, no problem. They suspect now the problem might be timing chain might be slipped or jumped (as RUM4MO told). Garage is quoting around £300-400 as it need more work, check and correct...
  11. Engine warning light - ON -When I start in the morning

@turbod, Thank you, I will check if some problem with Throttle body. @RUM4MO, Thank you, I am going to check this with VAS Inde. garage on Monday. Is it costly to check and correct the static timing? Yesterday evening , While going back from office, Where ever I wait and break to reduce the...
  12. Engine warning light - ON -When I start in the morning

Hi All, Garage mechanic changed the crank sensor also, no improvement in the Engine light status. Given the car with another garage he told might be problem with Ignition coils (3) and Spark plugs (3) car runs good during normal driving but it gives problem in idling and reverse gear but Engine...
  13. Engine warning light - ON -When I start in the morning

Hi All, I have given car to local garage, they told initially cam shaft sensor needed replacement (as we thought), he told he will change it for 60 pounds, He changed and checked the error did not go. So they again rescanned OBD device, It was showing following errors, Code 1 : 16706...
  14. Engine warning light - ON -When I start in the morning

Is it easy to check and fit by myself or Do I need to go to Garage? Do we have any instruction guide or video?
  15. Mystifying Seat Ibiza MK4 1.2 misfire [SOLVED]

Thanks for update Aokaun, My car showing P301 error which is related to Cam shaft sensor. I am also investigating what might be the problem, I will also let you if any update on my car. Please let me know once you investigate the problem.
  16. Engine warning light - ON -When I start in the morning

Hi, I have checked using ELM bluetooth diagnostic device to check the fault code. It shows below error, P0341 Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance Can any one know what causes this error? What might be the cost I need to spend in garage? any idea? Regards, Saravana
  17. Mystifying Seat Ibiza MK4 1.2 misfire [SOLVED]

@Aokuan, Did you get the problem sorted out? What was the actual problem? Can you please let me know, I am also getting similar misfire problem Regards, Saravana
  18. Engine warning light - ON -When I start in the morning

I do not have VAG-Com, I need to go garage only (VAS-independent). @Guys, Can you please help me if any one have VAG-com near Leamington Spa. We can check once and see if I can fix myself or I need to go to garage. Thank you very much for the same. --Saravana
  19. Engine warning light - ON -When I start in the morning

Hi All, Evening when I drive the Engine fault light is still ON (Yellow), Also I am able to notice vibration & different noise during idling/or slow speed. I am able to feel loss of power (Need to press little more gas) so I am not sure this is due to misfire or something else. Also I am able...
  20. Engine warning light - ON -When I start in the morning

@RUM4MO, Thank you... I will check & update in the evening if the light is still on and if I am feeling power loss really or not. Mileage is 101200 Miles and 1.2 Petrol but not sure about whether it has timing chain or timing belt.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.