Search results

1. Buying advice

Certainly food for thought, cheers As it stands he doesn't do many miles, but nothing says that it will stay that way in future I know I piled the miles up when I first started driving
  2. Buying advice

Thanks for that Alas we are currently trying to keep the insurence costs down so are currently looking for smaller engines, he only been driving 6 months He currently getting hammered on an old knackered Citroen C1, but a move upto a 1.2 Ibiza would only be an extra 100 quid for the yearly...
  3. Buying advice

Going to look at a Mk4 facelift with a view to buying it for our son I've never had an Ibiza before apart from a hire car on holiday last year, but that was a brand new DSG model, currently driving a Mk3 Leon (previously a Mk2 and many moons ago a Toledo) so I'm fairly familiar with the brand...
  4. Dash lights... Fault or feature?

Normal But you will find as the ambient light levels fall, the dash lights will fade as a reminder to put your headlights on
  5. Strange Bluetooth

Even more frustrating when I discovered that everything works as it should with the other car and streaming devices If it did it on everything, I would just write it off to the phone, but it's got me scratching my head
  6. Strange Bluetooth

It's probably the sattelite delay as it transfers my data to the Chinese Secret Service first lol
  7. Strange Bluetooth

Yeah, cable was going to be my next attempt Like I said, my initial idea was down to the phone, but it does work correctly with a bunch of other things, so I was even more confused at that
  8. Post Pic's of Your Mk3 Leon In Here

Wash & Polish
  9. Strange Bluetooth

Just changed our 60 plate Mk2 to a 65 plate Mk3, and to be honest I never even looked at anything else than a Leon for the change New car is great, everything works perfectly apart from a minor but very annoying problem with streaming via Bluetooth While it works great with good sound...
  10. Installing Fan washers

Anyone got a link recent link ? Got some off ebay but were just a single pistol jet, not as described so got a refund
  11. USB Outlet Install

Has anybody added extra USB charging sockets I initially wanted to add an extra 12v accessory socket to the rear faceplate of the centre console, for the kids to charge phones/tablets etc, but I think USB would look much more modern and I still have to original front centre mounted cigarette...
  12. Strange behavior on instrument cluster

Yay, just answered my own question Page 118 of the handbook (come on, who even reads the instructions :whistle:) "The instrument lightning(dials and needles) is switched on when the ignition is on and the vehicle lights are off The instrument lighting is dimmed automatically as the...
  13. Strange behavior on instrument cluster

I have a 2010 Facelift and its my understanding that the instruments are not constantly illuminated, but my needles are constantly lit Is this normal or has somebody been messing about with VCDS settings Another thing I noticed, also related to the above, is during daylight driving it does...
  14. Boot floor

My spare wheel (Mk2 Leon FL), has a foam insert that holds the jack, wheel brace etc That sits flush with the top of the spare wheel and supports the carpet Must be easy to copy that set up
  15. Rear shelf 'hinge pin'

Great stuff, will pop in the dealers ASAP
  16. Rear shelf 'hinge pin'

I seem to have lost the rubber hinge pin from my rear parcel shelf, 2010 facelift Does anyone know if just the rubber pin is available as a spare, or is it the whole bracket assembly or heaven forbid only the whole shelf !!!! Called into the local Seat dealer this morning as I was passing...
  17. A step back in design

Believe me, the visibility, especially the mirrors, are a vast improvement than my (well the wifes) previous hairdressers car cough cough, Megane Cabriolet
  18. A step back in design

Anybody have an idea why Seat went back to a 'standard' car design for the Mk3 Personally I really like the hidden rear door handles, and the wipers in the A pillars are unique touch I've never seen before Sort of makes the Mk2 stand out from the crowd a bit
  19. Stereo upgrade on Leon FR 1P

Im currently leaning towards an Android 7.1 head unit, shaped to fit the existing trim (wider at top) Also closely resembles the RNS510 so Im hoping it will have a factory fitted look about it
  20. New Member

Evening people Just signed up to this fine forum after a week or so of lurking Just got myself a Mk2 facelift Leon, it may only be a baby Emocion but Ive already gleaned a vast amount of relevant info from these fine pages :) I did once own a 1993 Toledo for several year many years ago...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members