Search results

1. Oil relief valve , cold start up slight rattle for split second

Hi , occasionally when car has been sat for a while and I start her up I get a initial rattle for a split second not every time tho, I heard there’s a valve in filter housing any tips please?
  2. Help!! Knocking/rattle noise

Hi all I need your help as I’m stumped trying to locate a knocking rattling noise, the noise is only when going round a roundabout with bumpy rd surface mainly or if I go up a kerb with steering turned , now I first thought drop links as that’s what it sounds like so I replaced them and...
  3. carbon canister and hoses

hi all ive just noticed a slight engine fumes smell under bonnet, no leaks all hoses are new including pcv set up, could it be the carbon canister needs replacing? also do they do a carbon cansiter hose kit for cupra r as they seem to be some listed but not all the hoses are correct? thanks.
  4. CCM Help please :(

As some know I’ve had previous problems with car locking system so here goes, the front passenger door and rear drivers side door have been unwilling to lock occasionally also puddle light on front passenger door and electric window doesn’t work when it plays up and the blower fan goes crazy...
  5. Tyre choices help?

Ok here goes , been looking at different size tyres and makes to try give my standard suspension a little more clearance as fed up with splitter hitting/touching in places, so went to see a tyre place and if I got 235/40/18 they are 8mm larger in circumference to 225/40/18, and this may just b...
  6. More door lock issues grr

More door lock problems since I brought this car 8 weeks ago I haven’t stopped attempting to put everything right, the rear door lock I got of eBay that I only just fixed is now not locking and also passenger front door not locking, driving me nuts I love the car but now enough already, so now...
  7. Car still accelerating in first after throttle released briefly

As the title if I boot it in first which isnt often and I let off the throttle completely quickly the car for a split second is still accelerating? Like a sticking cable even tho it doesn’t have one, any ideas please
  8. pcv delete help please

hi all i have tried search but no help, i seem to have a slight oil leak from around pcv valve, now do i just replace that piece as i cant see any plastic or rubber hoses split or broken or do i do the delete in which case i need help please , i take it the brake servo hose would just connect up...
  9. Would 1x15” sealed sub sound as gd as 2x12” ported?

As the title currently I have a twin ported 12” JL Audio sub box and it’s huge and fugly in my boot so would a single 15” sealed built in to corner of one back seat at angle sound as gd?
  10. What vagcom?

Without spending loads what do you guys recommend? I want to be able to turn off the double press of remote to unlock all doors and reset my throttle body , plus read and clear future codes, go... links would b helpful to ones you’ve used , thanks
  11. Locking from remote

Hi just fitted an eBay rear door catch but now when I unlock by 1 push off remote it unlocks drivers door and this new catch ? Personally I hate having to press twice to unlock all doors so any ideas and can I program out other doors? Thanks
  12. Is this a standard cat or Sports cat?

Can anyone tell me is this a standard cat as I’m unsure , thanks
  13. Cupra r Brembo upgrade

Tried search so here goes , I have a slight warped disc now do I replace with brembo if so where from is best or do I go one better like drilled discs and where from please? Links would b hugely appreciated, ps grooved from experience make horrible noise on hard breaking so wanting to avoid that...
  14. Upgraded suspension cupra r

Ok question for the experienced, I love the handling on the car and whilst I’d love to lower it I just can’t as the front splitter bottoms out a lot in places, so what I’m kind of asking is do they do uprated springs but same height on front but slight drop on back as looks like front sits lower...
  15. Vacuum hose sizes and best place to source

As the title I’d like to get some black vacuum hosing to replace all mine and also for a boost gauge, best place what size and links please? Thanks
  16. Baffled sump and pick up

Quick question I see a lot of people having blocked or partially blocked pick up pipe in sump ? So is it worth dropping sump and replacing it and while I’m there is it worth fitting a baffled sump with the intention of odd track day perhaps ? Is baffled sump ok for day to day rd use? Many thanks
  17. New gloss black vinyl strips done

As title finished with vinyl
  18. What's a standard cat worth scrap or re use?

As the title been offered £50 off a sports cat if I give them the standard cat, wandered what there worth?
  19. Cupra r exhaust standard or not?

Please help I was told it had miltek back box but I can't find any markings and it looks very rusty and I thought milltek would have been stainless, pics to follow: Does it all look standard exhaust?
  20. My cupra r

Had it about 4-5 weeks now and love it , had the n/s painted to bring it to my standard just waiting on some gloss black vinyl to b fitted where it should b
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise