Search results

1. Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

The DBInfo.txt from the P106 7z doesn't have PartNumber 2, 3 or 4. I'm wondering whether to add them (as well as changing the others). I keep the ECE 2013 from the new (P106 7z) & also the ApplicationSoftwareVersionNumber="0106" ? I'm being careful to keep the CRLF line ends and add no other...
  2. Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

Thanks. When editing the DBInfo.txt from the P106...7z do I add in the PartNumber2, PartNumber3 & PartNumber4 settings from my old SD card? When I've made the changes & put the new file on the 16GB SD card, do I just put the SD card into the car and switch on the ignition / start the car? Will...
  3. Basic tyre pressure system reporting the position of the problematic tyre - Interesting discovery for me

It's not (usually) a very sensitive system BUT it has the advantage that the wheels don't contain battery-operated sensors - which fail and I understand are costly to change.
  4. Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

I'll try it when I can.
  5. Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

The subject is ... long. And quite mixed in with MIB2. I'll happily try what you put when I get a bigger card (may need help with the actual edits then). Thanks. I certainly would like to be able to just change the card from current to bigger (with updated maps) to see if it works - so I can...
  6. Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

I'm not sure what you mean by Give it a go. I do have the RAR file but have done nothing with it (as yet). I don't yet have a VW-type SD card (other than the one with my maps).
  7. Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

Result - well done! Is that with a bigger SD card?
  8. Oil change

Flat is best but don't over-stress - you never get all the old out. Warmed is good as it flows out quicker but again it's not important. Try not to overfill or underfill LOL Changing the oil & filter is what really matters. Hmm, the right specification of oil, too.
  9. Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

I haven't actually got another SD card as yet.
  10. Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

I've an even older MIB1 card (physical label V4 and 5F0.919.866.F) DbInfo.txt PartNumber1="8V0919866B " PartNumber2="5G0919866F " PartNumber3="5E0051236C " PartNumber4="5F0919866F " PartNumber="8V0919866B " ApplicationSoftwareVersionNumber="0036" SystemName=" ECE 2014 " I'd update it if I...
  11. Control Circuit for Coolant Bypass Valve /Open P2681

Try not to drive till fixed - I don't know how hot some parts may get, possibly causing serious engine damage.
  12. Control Circuit for Coolant Bypass Valve /Open P2681

First, I reckon you want that valve to work (not suggesting you don't agree). Second, I think that code could mean a problem with such as a connector or wiring. Maybe someone else has better ideas...
  13. Auto lights turn on during the day / too soon

Still good advice - but not fog lights without good reason, please!
  14. Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

How to figure out the size of the cards that are for sale? (And that they have a suitable CID?) I'd be happy (happier!) not to have to hack down to size of my MIB1.
  15. Battery

Thanks for the info!
  16. Battery

What happens if a battery is replaced but the coding not done? Is it different depending on whether or not the new one is like for like? (You'd expect nowadays that the software would just figure it out and all would be good! i.e. no coding needed)
  17. Headlight Range Control Error

Fronts 5Q0-412-522-C and 5Q0-412-521-C but maybe newer than C for my car, maybe not yours? Cheap from aliexpress / ebay
  18. Throttle Pedal or Throttle Body? 👀

Costly? Used or new?
  19. Throttle Pedal or Throttle Body? 👀

I reckon the TB's sensor(s).
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members