Search results

1. Cupra (2014): Suddenly 2 codes, P2279 & P0068

The MIL (engine light) came on & I got both P0068 & P2279. They cleared but come back quickly. I gather P0068 is in effect a mismatch between MAP/MAF & TPS which leaves 3 things to worry about. (I'm going to look at the various PDFs to find the location etc of at least the MAP.) P2279 looks to...
  2. Best place to get a (coil pack) part number?

I feel I'm missing a Sticky/FAQ... but where's a good site to look up part numbers (for a 2014 Cupra 280 DSG)? In this case a coil pack but say spark plugs or ... well, anything. Some sites list more than one - and they're clearly not identical - so rather than try to remove a part to compare...
  3. cooling down a turbo

I understand a turbo should be cooled down after use... but how do you know when a turbo kicks in? I suppose a subsidiary question is: why no dash light to show that enough cooling has not yet been done? Is Start/Stop disabled if the turbo is still too hot and if not why the **** not?
  4. 4+4 injectors - which used when & how to tell?

I understand my Cupra 2.0 280 has a set of 4 injectors (DI - direct injection ones) fed by a high pressure pump and another set of 4 from a low pressure pump. When is each set used? How can I tell? The potential advantage of the 4 low pressure ones is they may reduce or prevent carbon fouling...
  5. Battery - EFB or AGM?

My car has an EFB but car sites etc all seem to think it should be AGM. I'm not the first owner of the car - got it at 3 yrs old - but I'm a bit doubtful it would already have been changed (can't be sure though). I gather EFM & AGM need somewhat different charging. Is the charging system (on...
  6. Weird VIN?

My 2014 Cupra DSG has what seems a weird VIN (VSSZZZ5FZ...) and is not accepted by some parts etc sites. Is this normal? What do I do to get sane access to parts sites?
  7. Premature member

Haven't picked the car (2014 Leon Cupra 2.0 TFSI 280PS DSG, red) up yet LOL Anyway, hi all. Now going to try to find out exactly which (DSG) gearbox code I have (02E, 0CW, 0D9, ... if I'm on the right lines), and FAQs like oil/coolant/brake fluid specs. (OK, I know the oil already.) John