Search results

1. Lmbarrett83

May buy a cupra - opinions on automatic gearboxes

In terms of the Cupra I had a mk3 280 for 3 years and I've since had the mk3 290 for almost 3 and a half years. Both fun cars, but as a daily the 7 speed DSG offers the better package for me. Reliabilty - Can't speak for reliability as they were both from brand new and under average mileage...
  2. Lmbarrett83

Cupra Leon build

So its just as crazy over here then. I've had the 2016 and currently got the 2019 cupra on the lease direct through SEAT finance. The pricing for the MK4 wasn't as attractive and I couldn't spec the upgraded sound system I have on the 2019 so I looked elsewhere (what a mistake) I ordered an...
  3. Lmbarrett83

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Winter clean...and copper trim I'm definitely going to be sad to see her go next year...
  4. Lmbarrett83

Launch control ?

Doesn't seem so bad on new 300bhp model.
  5. Lmbarrett83

Personal leasing

Arnold Clark I ordered in July. Unfortunately though I'm affected by delay madness. Originally due in September, now I'm unsure as to whether it'll arrive in 2021. Having to informally extend my cupra just in case.
  6. Lmbarrett83

Whats car should i upgrade to next?

I'm on my second Cupra. Went from a manual 280 with the black pack to 290 (2019). Both my leases were in the £250 range with a 2k deposit 10k miles per year. The 290 has been epic. Luckily I got a few toys like beats sound, panroof, winter pack, camera e.t.c. Its also got the oem skirts and...
  7. Lmbarrett83

Cupra 290 vs Cupra 300?

I had a 280 manual. I think it was a black line or similar. Very nice for my first cupra. Upgraded to a 2019 cupra dsg. Apart from the additional 2 doors everything else was a improvement. The upgraded dash in the 3.5 and infotainment system make the cabin feel higher quality. The mk3 had 2...
  8. Lmbarrett83

Personal leasing

If you can afford it and justify it to yourself, then why not!! My 135i order has just been affected by the semiconductor shortage. Gone from a September 21 delivery to a potential February 22 delivery. Looked around for other deals and the market is crazy (even the second hand) No signs of...
  9. Lmbarrett83

Personal leasing

The PCP deals aren't amazing if you're coming from a lease with little equity. The current cupra lease deals seem awful as historically they were cheap and great value for money. This version appears to be a much better car though. Strange times that I've managed to get a new BMW 135i...
  10. Lmbarrett83

Personal leasing

That's a reasonable deal whose this with?
  11. Lmbarrett83

CUPRA Leon MK4 owner's register

That's a cracking deal on the M140. The Cupra yes Its expensive but I haven't seen a bad review yet on the cupra. They have put some distance between the old seat leon cupra. It's actually fairing better than the GTI Clubsport. Not seen the KIA, but i believe the Cupra Leon is one of the best...
  12. Lmbarrett83

The interior on the BMW did look nice and I added the pro pack to get the sound upgrade. The interior on the mk4 cupra looked just as nice to me though. It's just bmw uses better materials. My current MY19 has been lovely as it had the beats sound upgrade, panroof, winterpack, oem bodykit...
  13. Lmbarrett83

I agree with you on the infotainment system though. I found it a faff trying to change the driving modes on the go. Like you say a software update or 2 should address this. I've ended up ordering the 135i simply because it was a much better deal which was for a limited time only. VWFS weren't...
  14. Lmbarrett83

Looking great from the rear, not seen any on the road yet. How does it compare to the GTI? I was amazed on the test drive just well it put down its power compared to the mk3 and 3.5. Loved the seats too. Already regretting not getting one...
  15. Lmbarrett83

Purchasing my Leon Cupra 290 after lease ends

The current prices prevented me from getting the new Cupra. Found a cheaper deal for a 135i with servicing included. A little disappointed as I prefer the new cupra.
  16. Lmbarrett83

Post Pic's of Your Mk3 Leon In Here

Gonna be sad to see her go, her replacement is nowhere near as pretty..
  17. Lmbarrett83

Personal leasing

Sad times for me, I'll not be getting the 300. The deals I had on the 280 and current 290 just aren't there. The new car seems leagues ahead of the former models though, so it may be worth the increase. Managed to get a cracking deal on a M135i (pro pack) cheaper than the Cupra with servicing...
  18. Lmbarrett83

Personal leasing

The Cupra leon quote doesn't seem too bad for 10k miles with such a small deposit. In the current campaign seat finance are offering me a £800 deposit contribution but they're still asking for 1x 2.5k and 47 x£311 pcm . This is for a vz2 + Sunroof with standard free white paint. 8k miles per...
  19. Lmbarrett83

Cupra Leon build

Are any of these cars coming with the additional side blades? Only seen them on the phev. Like with the MK2 and Mk3/3.5 it makes the car look that bit better.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise