Search results

1. Help with buying a 2nd car - Passat R Line 2020

Yes, they are All LED Reflector headlights. I just didn't know what to expect when compared to my Leon's full LED lights. But, if you've hardly noticed any difference compated with your Golf's MK6 Xenons headlights then I suppose it's not so bad. Thanks again for that.
  2. Help with buying a 2nd car - Passat R Line 2020

Appreciate this is a Seat forum, but looking to get a Passat R Line as a company car and keep my Leon as a weekend car. Having looked at the spec list for the R Line, I'm astonished at the discovery that even a range topping trim like the R Line doesn't come with Full LED Headlights, but rather...
  3. 184 remap

If still within warranty, then a tuning box such as the DTUK is your best bang for your buck. You can simply unplug it when it's servicing time. I bought mines 2 years ago for £350, and it's the best decision I made. Once connected, which btw is very easy to do, you can control all the relevant...
  4. S3 S Tronic VS Leon 184 DSG

You're not helping:( lol
  5. S3 S Tronic VS Leon 184 DSG

£300pm for a 18/68 plate 335d Estate with about 10k milage on it. Or £350pm for an S3 with delivery mileage... 1st world problems, I know.
  6. S3 S Tronic VS Leon 184 DSG

Makes m The worrying part is that if I choose to test drive a more powerful diesel (335d Estate), considering that a tuning box would take it to around 350 bhp (insane for a diesel) it will make even harder to choose petrol.
  7. S3 S Tronic VS Leon 184 DSG

Current set up: Facelift Leon ST 184 DSG with a DTUK box. Lease is due to end soon, so I thought I would maybe try something different. Took out a 69 plate S3 Black Edition for a 2 hour test drive. Vast improvement in terms of interior quality. However, that's where it all ends. Maybe it's...
  8. Coming home light’s don’t work?

IMO, ever since I coded this option I don't think I could do without it. It gives the car that extra bit of premium look, especially since most cars over £20k seem to have it. I always thought it was down right stupid from Seat not to include this option as standard, given all the extra safety...
  9. Coming home light’s don’t work?

Nope, you can't do it with Carista. Needs to be OBDeleven.
  10. Coming home light’s don’t work?

It can be done, even without Auto Lights. However, you need OBDeleven to start with. Have you got one? If so, then search for Coming Home/Leaving Home lights and you will find a full thread on this forum dedicated to it.
  11. Will new MK4 Leon have a powerful diesel engine?

As per title... A lot of the MK4 news are suggesting just a standard 1.5 TDI or a bog standard 2.0 TDI. It would be very dissapointing if they didn't offer at least a 200ps TDI engine, kinda like the 40 TDI on the A4 etc.. My current car (A 184 DSG with a DTUK tuning box) has an astonishing...
  12. PCP or HP or leasing?

Faced the same dilemma when I went for my 184 FR DSG Estate. Decided to go with a 3 year lease and added a DTUK box a couple of months later. I'm due to hand it back June 2020. Whilst I'm going to miss it, I certainly wouldn't like to be dealing with a car out with the standard 3 year...
  13. Coming Home/Leaving Home DRLs

Thanks for that. Copied it like for like but still nothing. Oh well, at least I have LED low beams and the LED Fogs coming on at the same time when unlocking, which is bettter than I had before.
  14. Coming Home/Leaving Home DRLs

Can someone with Auto Lights use their OBDEleven and tell me what their Leuchte 2, Leuchte 3, Leuchte 4 and Leuchte 5 preset settings are? I have a long history on this forum of trying to get Coming/Leaving Home Lights activated with OBDEleven. Whilst I've managed to get the low Beams to come...
  15. DTUK Setting - 184 DSG

The Leon never ceases to amaze me. So after yesterday's saga with the Limp Mode being caused by the DTUL box, I reconnectex it this morning and went for 1+2. My goodness, the car pulled like a train. Never felt it pull as hard in the past. The way the car built up speed was something else...
  16. DTUK Setting - 184 DSG

Thanks for that. I will be taking it for a 30 mile motorway journey tomorrow, so we'll see how everything goes..
  17. DTUK Setting - 184 DSG

Finally a bit of success. I put the blanking plate and cleared the code. Drove it hard for a bit. I then reconnected the DTUK box and drove it hard, and thankfully no Limp Mode any more. Happy with that. Whatever was causing it, seems to be gone now.
  18. DTUK Setting - 184 DSG

And now the strangest thing is happening. Irrespective what setting I have it on, the Limp Mode is coming on. I'm having to keep using OBDEleven to erase it, but as soon as the ignition is off and then on again, the Limp Mode is there..
  19. DTUK Setting - 184 DSG

Not full fully warmed up, but then not fully cold either. However, it's never done it before, even when booting it when the engine wasn't warmed up. Strange..
  20. DTUK Setting - 184 DSG

Thanks for your input. I guess I was more confused by the fact that it'd been running fine on 2+3 so far but then to go on Limp Mode all of a sudden is what surprised me. I've heard of cars going to Limp Mode when trying a new Map and setting, but never once one has been running on it for some...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members