Search results

1. perryqhill

Real world MPG

Cheers for the replies. Given I barely drive it and it's more a family run around it doesn't make too much sense (suppose the Leon doesn't either like 😀). Shame as I really like them.
  2. perryqhill

Real world MPG

Hi all. I've currently got a 66 plate Leon Cupra 290 so I'm not exactly looking towards economy. In this we generally average about 29 to 31 mpg at this time of year doing short journeys accross town. On longer journeys we can get mid to late 30s and in warmer months that can be over 40mpg when...
  3. perryqhill

2016 Cupra 2016 alloy wheel choice/refurbs

I like the graphite and gunmetal. I like the bronze too but want something that looks almost standard. I've just done a bit of searching and found a video from a few years ago where someone has had something called 'black chrome' and I quite like that too.
  4. perryqhill

I'm definitely considering either a graphite or a sparkly silver, even considered a light bronze but on a red car may be a bit ott. Would just like to see some different colours on a mk Cupra.
  5. perryqhill

Hi all. I've had my Cupra for 3 and a half years now and we've got the diamond cut standard alloys on which are pretty disgusting with lots of kerbing from the missus. I'm not sure what they're called but they're the diamond cut ones with the grey color in the recessed areas. I've seen ones...
  6. perryqhill

Diff service

Finally got under mine today as it was due oil and filter (and cabin). Normally I've done it on axle stands but I bought some small ramps last year (they didn't come in time for last year's oil service). Bloody hell I can barely get under them, so there's pretty much no chance I can do this...
  7. perryqhill

Diff service

Yes it is Febi branded stuff. With regards the bolts then 0CQ598305 the number earlier in the thread for the seal kit pulls up various bolt and seal kits accross the Internet, not all of which I would trust (many claim to be genuine) as some foreign eBay ones clearly aren't the same head on...
  8. perryqhill

Diff service

I checked with the supplier and the oil and the seals in my opening post are correct. Obviously though the bolts/plugs aren't. I decided to source bits individually and so far I've got the oil and a 500ml pump which I may or may not have to adapt (if the pipe isnt ling enough). Cost so far...
  9. perryqhill

Exclusive website discount for ALL forum members!

Hi. Is this still running? I've set up an account before but lost my code because I hadn't archived it in emails. Sent an email over as well.
  10. perryqhill

Cupra 300 Tyres

On a similar note I'm just going to rid myself of some Pirellis I've currently got on the front of my 290 which are the originals and almost die for changing. I've got two Ps4 on the back. Looking at the moment I'm seeing Pilot Sport 5's as well as 4's and Goodyear Eagle f1 asymmetric 5. I...
  11. perryqhill

Diff service

Hence why I've said I've used the kit as my starting point.
  12. perryqhill

Leon Cupra 5f (12-17) bumper insert (marked)

No idea as I didn't do it. It was left over after a bumper repair.
  13. perryqhill

Diff service

I'm not entirely sure, but from what Ive read it's distributes torque accross the front axle in a Haldex style electronically controlled clutch system. I've also seen the job carried out (on various you tube videos) on the back of Golf R's, the odd PP Gti and one fwd Cupra and it looked very...
  14. perryqhill

Diff service

Hi all. I've read a bit about diff services in the past and although I've had the DSG service done in my 66 plate since I got it I don't believe the diff service has been done. Looking at kits on eBay like this Could someone tell me if this is the right kit for a 66 plate Cupra 290 or if not...
  15. perryqhill

Cupra 290 (2016) discs and pads

I understand the concept and its also true in the mountain biking with specific items, though often it's generally the other way around in terms of having lesser compounds when it comes to OEM tyres. Whilst some items will clearly be of a higher quality I wouldnt also make the assumption that...
  16. perryqhill

What do you mean by after market? Many manufacturers use a selection of those types of companies and you can often track down OEM spec parts without the manufacturer packaging and mark up. Not questioning what you say here, just genuinely interested. I probably should have said 'OEM spec'...
  17. perryqhill

On the same subject- when changing the rears on my 2016 DSG but non electric handbrake car, do I need to do the parking brake thing with an OBD tool? Every how to I see or read mentions it, but they're mostly cars with electronic hand brakes. Also do I need a specific caliper rewind tool?
  18. perryqhill

Seatmotorparts is about £510 after the discount code.
  19. perryqhill

Think I've got the discount for seatmotorparts just not tried them yet. The one posted above was seatdirectparts. I know there's a difference as after I got the code off [email protected] I was trying to use it on seatpartsdirect and ended up emailing them asking why the code wasn't...
  20. perryqhill

I've been doing a few comparisons on ECP and Carparts4less (same company obviously but prices differ). With Pagid front and rear discs and pads Carparts4less come out at around 314. ECP slightly higher, but there's also Brembo pads and discs at both which differs slightly. Seat direct parts...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members