Search results

1. perryqhill

Real world MPG

Hi all. I've currently got a 66 plate Leon Cupra 290 so I'm not exactly looking towards economy. In this we generally average about 29 to 31 mpg at this time of year doing short journeys accross town. On longer journeys we can get mid to late 30s and in warmer months that can be over 40mpg when...
  2. perryqhill

2016 Cupra 2016 alloy wheel choice/refurbs

Hi all. I've had my Cupra for 3 and a half years now and we've got the diamond cut standard alloys on which are pretty disgusting with lots of kerbing from the missus. I'm not sure what they're called but they're the diamond cut ones with the grey color in the recessed areas. I've seen ones...
  3. perryqhill

Diff service

Hi all. I've read a bit about diff services in the past and although I've had the DSG service done in my 66 plate since I got it I don't believe the diff service has been done. Looking at kits on eBay like this Could someone tell me if this is the right kit for a 66 plate Cupra 290 or if not...
  4. perryqhill

Cupra 290 (2016) discs and pads

Probably been asked many times but what sort of price to buy or fitted are people paying for discs and pads for the mk3 Cupra? Got the cars Mot in the next 5 weeks or so and they look Probably overdue for being changed, very likely to be the originals. Generally fit most stuff myself so going...
  5. perryqhill

Leon Cupra 5f (12-17) bumper insert (marked)

2012 to 2017 Leon Cupra 5f bumper insert for sale. As you should be able to see on the photo there's a little nick on the right hand side. It'll probably sit in the bumper and show a slight stretch in the plastic about three quarters of an inch long. Might be of use to someone £15 collection...
  6. perryqhill

Cupra 2016 rear bumper

Anyone got an idea of price for a 2016 rear bumper? I've looked on a couple of Seat parts sites and they have the black just but haven't been able to find a bumper. The missus has reversed into a post at the weekend and done a bit of damage. The black insert has a slight kink in it and a bit...
  7. perryqhill

Does this bolt look familiar?

Girlfriend has just come from work and parked the Cupra on the drive, this bolt has appeared on the path she crossed to get to the drive. I'm now paranoid and going to have a look around the car. Plenty of cars etc go past, any idea what it could be off or anywhere on Leon for me to check?
  8. perryqhill

Cupra 290 66 plate spark plugs

Just wondering what and where to get spark plugs for my 66 plate 290. Best to stick to OE and anyone got part numbers? also best place to buy? Guessing they're overdue at 4+ years and 39k, no record of them at 33k when I bought the car.
  9. perryqhill

Cupra water pump failure experience

Had my 66 plate Cupra since May and mostly its been fine. I keep noticing the coolant level is low though. I topped it up months ago when it was sitting on the minimum level (probably June or something) and gradually its made its way back down to just below the minimum, but this has taken...
  10. perryqhill

Cupra 290 question

Is there a timing belt or chain on the Cupras? Been searching for a definite answer, but not found it, but what I can find suggests chain? Is there any kind of service that it requires if it is a chain?
  11. perryqhill

DSG service

I've got a 6 speed dsg box in my 66 plate Cupra and it's coming up 4 years old. I've just been looking on you tube at the DSG servicing, not specifically on Leon's, but on other VAG models and it doesnt look difficult. Main issues seem to be the cost of the DSG oil in the first place and...
  12. perryqhill

Difference between 280 and 290

I've just got hold of a 66 plate Cupra. The dealer has sold it to me as a 280, the badge at the rear of the car says 290 which on it's own means nothing (IIRC with VW's previously dealers sometimes misbadged the mk4 GTD varients incorrectly). The log book says 280 also, though I have known them...
  13. perryqhill

2.0 184 coolant change.

Hi. just wondering if anyones done a coolant change on their diesel 184. Wondering the best way to go about it I.e. where to drain and anything tricky about the 184 I'd need to know before starting it. Also what type of coolant they use and the amount. The cars just over 4 years old and I...
  14. perryqhill

Pressure washers

Hi all. Just wondering what pressure washers people are using. I've had a low spec Nilfisk for six years which has had a fair bit of use, got a Nilfisk snow foam attachment and a cheap snow foam attachment which has now broke and needs me to repair it. Those attachments are the new style Nilfisk...
  15. perryqhill

Tyre and rim size offset etc

Hi all. I've got a 184 15 plate Leon FR with the standard 17's on. Seen some alloys I like in 18's. They're DRC which seem to be German made for Vag and Merc etc 18inch 5x112 8j and et 45. I used a online calculator for offset and it's suggesting it's more or less the same as what's on. The...
  16. perryqhill

Fuel filter question

In the middle of giving my 184 a service. Just popped the fuel filter out and it's slightly different from the one I've been provided. Seems to have part number 500 127 177 on it and has a different wider top with a blue seal. the replacement (genuine) has part number 300 127 177 on it and...
  17. perryqhill

Jack

Had my car a bit now. Was looking in the boot earlier and saw the mini compressor and the tyre sealant etc, but there seems to be space for a jack, but there isn't one. This might be a silly question but given there's no spare wheel is there meant to be a jack and if there is could anyone...
  18. perryqhill

FR splitter fitting

Just bought a Triple R Composites splitter and going to fit this weekend (weather permitting). The splitter doesn't come with fitting instructions, nor can I find anything model specific on the website. Obviously it looks pretty standard stuff, comes with predrilled holes and bolts rather...
  19. perryqhill

Mk3 front splitters?

Had my mk 3 FR for a few weeks now and looking at others on here and the Facebook pages. In terms of front splitters I've seen the Rieger splitter at around 200 notes. It looks more or less what I want in not being massive or offensive to the eyes, just a sort of OEM+ look. Are there any...
  20. perryqhill

Mk 3 Leon FR wheel options.

Hi all, new to the forum and I've done a bit of searching but not found what I'm after and still very fresh in terms of all things Seat. I've just got a 15 plate Leon FR 184, but it's come with stock 17 inch five spoke (no idea what the name is) alloys and don't exactly dislike them, but not...