Search results

1. thecalstanley

Swap standard taillight with LED tailight

Facelift and pre facelift can’t be switched as the indicator on the pre facelift is only on the outside and the wiring isn’t in the boot for it
  2. thecalstanley

Harsh gear changing when AC on

Do you use stop start? I notice it quite a lot with S/S enabled as the first gear change after using it can be quite jerky. I have the A/C on quite a bit so just disable S/S so i don’t have the issue
  3. thecalstanley

What’s Santa bringing your Leon this year?

Oil change... only a month overdue
  4. thecalstanley

Location of auto leveling sensor

Had an issue with the sensor on my Leon, if its removed then the lights will point to the floor and you'll get an error about the lights not being able to level
  5. thecalstanley

Rumbling/hum noise on test drive??

Had this problem on my Leon, was a wheel bearing on the way out. Sorted under warranty
  6. thecalstanley

Alignment issue or CV joint on the way out?

Cheers, going to try and get it looked at on Sat. Reckon it will be safe to drive for the time being with the CV on its way out?
  7. thecalstanley

Alignment issue or CV joint on the way out?

Been having some weird noises over the past few weeks when turning the wheel (Either way) but its now seems to be getting a lot worse. When driving, its pulling to the left quite a bit and the steering wheel has to be turned slightly to the right or it won't go in a straight line. When on full...
  8. thecalstanley

Leon Problems

Previously had a 2008 Purgeot 207, wouldn't touch a French car again with a stick. New gearbox, failed headgasket, failed clutch, failed injector and a few other bits. That was all within 25K (One year of owning it...). Ended up paying more in repairs than the car it's self.
  9. thecalstanley

Leon Problems

Sounds like you've got a proper unlucky motor. I've had quite a few issues but nothing to the extent you've got! Warranty stuff 17K - Wheel bearing failed 25K - Failing AC compressor (Got blamed on the drive belt but they replaced both that and the compressor) Out of warranty stuff 30K -...
  10. thecalstanley

Voice Assistant - Anyway to change to Google Assistant?

Don't have full link or Android auto unfortunately (Car's 14 plate). Tried holding down the voice command button but still brings the Seat one rather than the one on my phone.
  11. thecalstanley

Voice Assistant - Anyway to change to Google Assistant?

Hi, Apologies if this has been asked already. Is there a way to change the voice assistant from the Seat built in one to the one on my phone (Google Assistant)? Cheers
  12. thecalstanley

Headlight Range Control Error

Quick update on this. All sorted now, ended up going the dealer route and they replaced the ride height sensor on the rear of the suspension. Total was £400, that’s for the part and also a minor service as I was due one.
  13. thecalstanley

Noisy fuel pump

Do you use stop/start a lot? I've noticed the fuel pump is quite noisy on mine if I use stop/start continuously.
  14. thecalstanley

How to get this off

Had to do this a couple of weeks ago, full door card has to come off and then you can unclip the switch assembly on the inside of the door card and get it out.
  15. thecalstanley

While it was dry earlier (didn’t last long), tested unplugging the ride height sensor on the back and the fault codes changed so looks like it’s not that. Looking like going to Seat is the only option to get this sorted
  16. thecalstanley

Park Pilot

That's exactly what I'm after! The options not showing on the app though so I'm sending the debug data to Carista to figure out why. I think I've got aftermarket sensors on mine (Bought it with them already installed) so that might explain why the option isn't there but if they are genuine and...
  17. thecalstanley

Thanks for this, massive help! I’m looking into getting the ride height sensor replaced ASAP to see if this cures the problem. Makes sense the sensor has gone as the issue started after a massive bump which I’m guessing must have broke the arm or damaged the sensor in some way. Glad it’s not...
  18. thecalstanley

Park Pilot

Ah, I was looking the the words park pilot so probs missed it! I’ll have a look again later. Already emailed Carista support, so if it’s not there then hopefully they can help me out.
  19. thecalstanley

Park Pilot

Hi, Anyone know if it’s possible to enable Park Pilot on 2014 model car using the Carista? I’m certain I’ve seen posts on here where people have enabled it, just tried it on my car and the option isn’t there! (Do you need the beta version?)
  20. thecalstanley

Error returned yesterday and wouldn’t go away, so ordered a Carista and got the fault code. However, the fault code it’s giving doesn’t bring up many results on Google. Any ideas? Fault code is as follows Headlight aiming Part #: 5Q0907357 Coding: 048E000009000000 (hex) Component: LWR-ECU...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members