Search results

1. thecalstanley

Alignment issue or CV joint on the way out?

Been having some weird noises over the past few weeks when turning the wheel (Either way) but its now seems to be getting a lot worse. When driving, its pulling to the left quite a bit and the steering wheel has to be turned slightly to the right or it won't go in a straight line. When on full...
  2. thecalstanley

Voice Assistant - Anyway to change to Google Assistant?

Hi, Apologies if this has been asked already. Is there a way to change the voice assistant from the Seat built in one to the one on my phone (Google Assistant)? Cheers
  3. thecalstanley

Park Pilot

Hi, Anyone know if it’s possible to enable Park Pilot on 2014 model car using the Carista? I’m certain I’ve seen posts on here where people have enabled it, just tried it on my car and the option isn’t there! (Do you need the beta version?)
  4. thecalstanley

Wireless Charging Pad

Hi, Has anyone fitted one of these and if so, do they work OK? Link...
  5. thecalstanley

Headlight Range Control Error

Hi All, Had a warning pop up this morning saying "Error: Headlight Range Control" followed by the yellow triangle at the bottom of the display. Managed to solve the issue by turning the car off and back on again. This allowed the lights to level again and all was fine. Came back out from...
  6. thecalstanley

Clutch Travel

Hi, Has anyone got a link to buy the part to reduce the clutch travel on the Leon? So annoying how far the travel is, kinda makes me wish I’d bought an automatic. (Will be doing for my next car) Thanks!
  7. thecalstanley

Symptoms of a boost leak

Hi, What are the general symptoms of a boost leak? I’ve noticed over the past few days the turbo sounds a bit like a hair dryer when boosting. Might be nothing and I’ve just not noticed it before but like all things, best to find them early to prevent a massive repair bill if there is a...
  8. thecalstanley

Cleaning Engine Bay

Anyone got any suggestions how to clean the top of the EA211 engine? I spilt a bit of oil during a top up and didn’t wipe it up straight away so its now basically baked onto the top of the engine. Been bugging me for the past 1-2 weeks and want to get it sorted this weekend ideally. The main...
  9. thecalstanley

Oil and Engine Coolant - 1.2 TSI

Hi, Checked my oil and water earlier today and both are on the low side so planning on topping them up tomorrow. Been looking on Halfords and the Oil and coolant both look to have changed since last time I bought some (was ages ago). Can someone confirm if these are the correct oil and engine...
  10. thecalstanley

Fuel Filler Lock

Hi, Filled up at Asda before and locked my car when I got home and the fuel filler lock is now making a loud buzzing noise while locking. The lock it’s self is working fine and seems to be locking and unlocking OK. I’ve unlocked it and locked it a few times and it’s not as loud now but still...
  11. thecalstanley

Help... Window Switch

Hi, I've managed to get something in the switch for the windows so it only now clicks once instead of twice to put the window down without you having to keep hold of the button. How hard is it to remove the switch and remove the tiny bit of plastic I've managed to get stuck in it. Had a look...
  12. thecalstanley

Enabling Park Pilot - Carista

Hi, I’ve been looking at getting a Carista dongle to enable park pilot on my Seat Leon, however, I’m not sure if the sensors I have on my car will support the park pilot as they don’t look like the factory ones which I've seen on other Seat's? Can anyone confirm if these sensors will work? I...
  13. thecalstanley

Service Time - Oil Change

Going into the dealers tomorrow to have my car serviced, first one since I’ve had it. Any ideas how long it normally takes? Only going in for the oil change service. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. thecalstanley

Seat Leon 1.2 TSI Engine Rattle

Hi, I've recently purchased a Seat Leon 2014 1.2 TSI last week, however, I've noticed a slight rattle when starting the engine from cold, it sounds like something metal vibrating and tends to not be as loud when the car is hot, however, it does change from a rattle to more of a fast ticking...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members