Search results

1. 2017 Leon Cupra - Turbo actuator sticking, needs entire new turbo?

Thanks for the info. Funny you should say that becuase literally the first thing that came to mind when they told me the turbo actuator is sticking is "well put some WD40 on it then" half joking but it's interesting to know it might actually help. So far I haven't had the issue again but if...
  2. 2017 Leon Cupra - Turbo actuator sticking, needs entire new turbo?

I think they literally just read the code and turned around and said I need it replaced. They didn't really give me any more info or offer any other options. I have since taken it to another garage who cleared the codes and took it for a test drive and said all is functioning normally for now...
  3. 2017 Leon Cupra - Turbo actuator sticking, needs entire new turbo?

Another independent place near me will do an aftermarket replacement for £1600 which is a bit less painful.
  4. 2017 Leon Cupra - Turbo actuator sticking, needs entire new turbo?

Had the EPC light coming on randomly over the past few months on cold starts, always fine after warming up and restarting but now the check engine light also came on so I took it to get diagnosed at a local place. They have told me the turbo actuator is sticking and they need to replace the...
  5. Cupra 300 Turbo Failure

Have the same issue now. I'm being told the turbo actuator is sticking and the entire thing has to be replaced for about £2500 for a genuine SEAT one or £1900 for an aftermarket one. Called a SEAT dealer to ask them and they confirmed on my car the actuator alone cant be replaced and it has to...
  6. Intermittent EPC light when car is cold - Leon Cupra

Just looking at the Gen2 Carista dongle on amazon, for £25 it's probably worth getting. Cheers.
  7. Intermittent EPC light when car is cold - Leon Cupra

I have a 2017 SEAT Leon Cupra with about 28k miles. Over the past few months I have ocassionally been having the EPC light turn on. It has only been happening right when I start a journey and the car is totally cold, usually within a couple of minutes of setting off. The car is then limiting...
  8. Android Auto Random Disconnections

Sorry to bump an old thread but thought I would put an update. I have just gotten a new phone (Galaxy S21 FE) and so far I have not had any of these disconnections. The new phone is Android 12 vs 10 on my old one. There's a chance it's still intermittent and I've just been lucky so far but I've...
  9. Android Auto Random Disconnections

In the system info it says Software: 0359, is that the number you mean?
  10. Android Auto Random Disconnections

I enquired about this when I booked my service. They had one suggestion which was supposedly this is caused by spotify, so if I don't use that it wont happen. I'm doubtful as it seems more like a convenient excuse as I used the same phone on another car with no issues. They did offer to do a...
  11. Android Auto Random Disconnections

Just to confirm; I have still had plenty of random disconnects with the Anker cable, so no that is not a fix. I've tried several "premium" cables now and it still happens. In my opinion this is 100% a software issue. It may be triggered by a brief interruption in the connection but it's got to...
  12. Cracks on tyre

Yeah I will be replacing with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asym 5 or PS4s before too long, but they have a little life left yet, probably a few months at least.
  13. Cracks on tyre

Going on a trip in a few days, checking tyres etc today and I noticed that one of them has some noticable cracks on it. I know this isn't that unusual on older tyres, and cars which aren't used that much (been working from home since the pandemic so usage is low). The date code 3816 so it's...
  14. Android Auto Random Disconnections

Well I tried out the Anker cable, had no issues on a ~20 minute journey into town. On the way back however I did have a disconnection, what was interesting though is it happened exactly as I hit a bit of a pothole, which does seem like it might just be to do with the connection being...
  15. Android Auto Random Disconnections

Well I ordered an Anker cable as some people swear by them, still have my doubts but will see if it seems to help at all.
  16. Android Auto Random Disconnections

I know there are numerous threads on this but I wanted to mention a few things I haven't seen elsewhere. I've been having issues with android auto where it will be working fine for a while, then suddenly get a message like "[phone name] has disconnected". This seems to happen at completely...
  17. Leon hybrid electric max range

Probably more realistic anyway. On my Golf GTE the "30 mile" range was very optimistic.
  18. Seat Leon Cupra 300 Faults

I also have a 2017 Cupra 300, and I have noticed that at idle there is a very subtle vibration/shaking that I can feel. Obviously some vibration is normal when the engine is running but there is a slight unevenness to it. That said it is so minor that I have never really given it much thought...
  19. To trade in for newer Cupra or Keep & retrofit?

What's the price difference? I'd assume it's cheaper to retrofit than to upgrade? When I bought my Cupra (which doesn't have the digital dash) there was one with the digital dash available for about £3k more (also lower miles) but I decided the driving experience is going to be the same either...
  20. Buying leased car

When I started the lease on my previous car I believe I was told something along the lines of I cant buy it but a family member or friend could, however when the lease actually ended I'm pretty sure I was given the option to buy it so I don't really know what's going on. Maybe some strange...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.