Search results

1. A-Spot

Intake air temperature sensor

Mine is a 2.0TDi (PD170), but I bet the same earth point is there.
  2. A-Spot

Boost sensor loom

Found the loom fault. The earth behind the scuttle panel under wiper motor on the passenger side was damp and buried in leaf mulch. I cleaned it off, cleaned up contact surfaces, greased up and reassembled. Fault cleared and it’s running lovely again.
  3. A-Spot

Intake air temperature sensor

I believe the G42 sensor is built into the MAF sensor. I recently replaced MAF, Booster Pressure Sensor and DPF pressure sensor before tracing the fault to a bad earth. The earth behind the skittle panel under wiper motor and passenger side was damp and buried in leaf mulch. I cleaned it off...
  4. A-Spot

Altea limp mode help

Dragging up a really old post here, but symptoms match my car, without the replacement eco or software update. Anyone know how this turned out. I’m now looking for loom faults or bad earths!! But not sure how many earths to look for.
  5. A-Spot

Boost sensor loom

Been having a few problems with sensor faults on my Altea4 Freetrack. 2.0tdi 170(pd). Have replaced MAF, Boost Pressure Semsor and DFP pressure sensor. And fault still persists. Car starts with flashing coil light on, if I clear the fault it drives ok(no limp mode), but definitely down on...
  6. A-Spot

heated seat wiring loom

I’ll let you know if I take on the task myself
  7. A-Spot

heated seat wiring loom

Did you manage to fit the heated seats, I’m looking at a similar task for my Freetrack
  8. A-Spot

Freetrack Heated Seats

has anyone ever retrofitted heated seats in an Altea, was wondering if the loom requirements are there? As I was once told that the element is already in the seat, it just needs the power module and switches to run them?
  9. A-Spot

Freetrack Mudflaps

I think it certainly helps keep it cleaner when the dreaded winter salt is on the roads! My 245’s seem to kick up a lot of spray
  10. A-Spot

A/C headache

I replaced the pressure sensor on the drivers side next to the radiator, at first I thought it was part of the pipe assembly (as shown on vagcat drawing I’d seen, but it removes without loosing refrigerant as there is a valve on pipe. The sensor wasn’t working, had corroded causing it not to...
  11. A-Spot

Freetrack Mudflaps

I spoke too soon, 30mins after writing above, my nieghbour knocked the door with a box in his hands. Was about to leave for work (the joy of an afternoon shift:cry:) an looked at my watch and thought, 'I can do this in 30mins!' Didn’t get time to move my wheels about, but flaps are fitted, will...
  12. A-Spot

Freetrack Mudflaps

Quick update, Polish order not arrived yet, but local VW dealer sourced the front pair for me, not fitted yet as I'll do them all the same time and corner swap my wheels ready for the winter, and to maintain even tire where. I'll post some pics when its done.
  13. A-Spot

Freetrack Mudflaps

UK dealer prices, albeit possibly discounted as they may be old stock are around £55 a pair, which most dealers still have fronts available to order but rears are listed discontinued and there for unavailable to order. Good News, the shop I found in Poland that can supply them at 179PZL (approx...
  14. A-Spot

Freetrack Mudflaps

Germans won't post, and I'm kinda glad about that as they also wanted £95 for a pair of rear mudflaps!! have got a new line of inquiry this week, so I'm trying out my Polish instead.:idea:
  15. A-Spot

Freetrack Mudflaps

Thanks for the options there,I’ll take a look over next few days and see what I can find out. I used to buy my old Polo G40 stuff direct from Germany so maybe I’ll dust off language skill and give it a go.
  16. A-Spot

Freetrack Mudflaps

Just to add, I contacted SEAT UK Customer Services which resulted in a 'Computer says No' conversation:banghead2.... but also contacted BRENTREE SEAT Dealers who originally supplied the car, where Michelle who took the call was up against the same challenges, but fair play she did a bit of...
  17. A-Spot

Freetrack Mudflaps

Did see these, but the part number on ebay search is not reflected on the actual item being sold. Thanks though.
  18. A-Spot

Freetrack Mudflaps

Having trouble sourcing a set of mudflaps for my Altea4 Freetrack. I can get front ones (5P8075111), but the rears (5P8075102) are discontinued so desperately hoping to find some on a shelf somewhere or if anyone knows another supplier who still has stock. Are there any European outlets that can...
  19. A-Spot

alloys

Had to fit spigot rings to overcome different diameters, and with 245/40/18 they clear all the suspension lovely and seem to complement the ride well.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members