Search results

1. Neilzomg

Adjusting wiper blades

What’s the proper way to adjust wiper blades on this car? Smearing and actually starting to leave scratches? Wipers are vaelo and are maybe a couple of months old
  2. Neilzomg

Interior trim clips 2007 2.0tdi

Does anyone know what clips are used for the trim just above the footwell? Joins on to the bottom part of the doors seal, caught my foot and ripped it off a long time ago and it’s starting to get annoying ?
  3. Neilzomg

Airbagsl light

Airbag light came on out of nowhere a few weeks ago, mot due on 24th this month. Front driver crash sensor. There's some water getting in on the drivers side not soaking wet. Dosent seem to come in when it's raining or when I power wash the car. Could the damp carpet cause the sensor to fail...
  4. Neilzomg

Getting some parts for mot

Trying to sort the car out for mot, winged it last year with the faulty right rear door lock won't open from outside but will from the inside. Once opened it will function perfectly fine from inside and outside until its locked again so I assume I need a new mechanism. I'm not sure what pin I...
  5. Neilzomg

Hard suspension

My reg dosent come up on mot history check never has, Shocks are fine no leaks had the car checked over couple weeks ago while it was in getting the transmission oil changed. They could just be knackered as well but it L passed mot in August on the same springs and Shocks with no adviseries
  6. Neilzomg

Hard suspension

Couldn't give a straight answer on that I've had the car 14k miles in total its on 162k
  7. Neilzomg

Mk2 1p turbo over boosting

Yep had this problem last year, I fitted a recon turbo and feed lines etc haven't had a problem since. My problem was sticking vaynes/waste gate. You could try the cheap. Option of Mr muscle inside the turbo to unstick vaynes etc or just get the turbo replaced. London turbos sell recons for 260...
  8. Neilzomg

Hard suspension

The ride of my sports reference 2007 2.0tdi leon is rough always has been but I'm sure that's the way it's supposed to feel. I don't mind feeling the road but just not as harsh as it is. Was going to eventually in the next few months get a set of raceland coilovers as the supplier is about 6...
  9. Neilzomg

Loss of coolant

Hope it's just some form of a hose leak, just out of curiosity the three metal pipes than run across the engine three thin silver pipes, do they carry coolant as well? had then replaced a while ago because of a leak think the one that connects to the tandem pump was leaking we just replaced all...
  10. Neilzomg

Loss of coolant

I'll have it checked out, there was a waterpump leak before i had the timing belt etc done but the coolant loss was far greater then was topping it up every few days. waterpump etc was done by a mechanic who worked for Seat and is also family so i'm confident he did the job correctly
  11. Neilzomg

Loss of coolant

Had this problem for about a year haven't really thought much of it. Usually have to top the coolant up every two weeks, thats usually the time it takes to go from max to the min line on the water bottle. it's a MK2 2.0tdi sports reference 2007 140bhp model Had the timing belt water pump etc...
  12. Neilzomg

Need a bracket

Installed a cone filter on the car, came with a bracket but it's made of flimsy aluminium dosent give much support. The filter isn't going anywhere dosent move it is quite solid but if like a steel bracket just for peace of mind does anyone know where I'd get one?
  13. Neilzomg

Battery for 2007 2.0tdi

Wasn't a battery problem got a multimeter and it's all good. Was actually glow plugs that needed replaced got a vag diagnosis done and one was completely dead. Mechanic tested them all and they were all out of spec, all. Different resistance etc apparently
  14. Neilzomg

Battery for 2007 2.0tdi

Seen yusa 5000 silver which seemed good 5 years warranty and 80amps with 760cca
  15. Neilzomg

Battery for 2007 2.0tdi

Having starting issues with the car more or less since winter time struggles to start cold but once warm and driven a few miles. It's fine, seen some internal lights flickering once started mainly the light switches for side lights low beam etc also noticed sometimes the headlights brighten up...
  16. Neilzomg

Changing head unit

The one that's in it is grand just want a Bluetooth unit. Use an aux Bluetooth thing from eBay works grand but would like to get rid of all the excess cables.
  17. Neilzomg

Changing head unit

Looking to change the head unit as cheaply as possible, Halfords want over 50 quid just for a fascia, mk2 leon 2.0 tdi 2007 sports reference model Seen a few android double din on eBay for around 40 quid but not sure if they're compatible for steering controls etc but I'm actually more...
  18. Neilzomg

Overboost :(

I did a bit of reading on overboost online and what i thinks happened to your car is that the overboost has pushed the engine too far " This release of energy over an extended amount of time will damage engine components, shatter valves, blow holes in pistons, shatter rings, etc... Engines...
  19. Neilzomg

Piston rings? Surely you wouldn't need a whole new engine for a new set of piston rings. Might be an expensive repair but at least if you fix that engine's rings you know that's whats needed to fix that engine. Otherwise buying another pulled engine from another car you don't know what wear it...
  20. Neilzomg

Got the car sorted so far no Errors I'm guessing bad waste gate and or bad vanes looks gunked up but the fins seem. Fine no play etc on shafts.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members