Search results

1. Neilzomg

Adjusting wiper blades

What’s the proper way to adjust wiper blades on this car? Smearing and actually starting to leave scratches? Wipers are vaelo and are maybe a couple of months old
  2. Neilzomg

Interior trim clips 2007 2.0tdi

Does anyone know what clips are used for the trim just above the footwell? Joins on to the bottom part of the doors seal, caught my foot and ripped it off a long time ago and it’s starting to get annoying ?
  3. Neilzomg

Airbagsl light

Airbag light came on out of nowhere a few weeks ago, mot due on 24th this month. Front driver crash sensor. There's some water getting in on the drivers side not soaking wet. Dosent seem to come in when it's raining or when I power wash the car. Could the damp carpet cause the sensor to fail...
  4. Neilzomg

Getting some parts for mot

Trying to sort the car out for mot, winged it last year with the faulty right rear door lock won't open from outside but will from the inside. Once opened it will function perfectly fine from inside and outside until its locked again so I assume I need a new mechanism. I'm not sure what pin I...
  5. Neilzomg

Hard suspension

The ride of my sports reference 2007 2.0tdi leon is rough always has been but I'm sure that's the way it's supposed to feel. I don't mind feeling the road but just not as harsh as it is. Was going to eventually in the next few months get a set of raceland coilovers as the supplier is about 6...
  6. Neilzomg

Loss of coolant

Had this problem for about a year haven't really thought much of it. Usually have to top the coolant up every two weeks, thats usually the time it takes to go from max to the min line on the water bottle. it's a MK2 2.0tdi sports reference 2007 140bhp model Had the timing belt water pump etc...
  7. Neilzomg

Need a bracket

Installed a cone filter on the car, came with a bracket but it's made of flimsy aluminium dosent give much support. The filter isn't going anywhere dosent move it is quite solid but if like a steel bracket just for peace of mind does anyone know where I'd get one?
  8. Neilzomg

Battery for 2007 2.0tdi

Having starting issues with the car more or less since winter time struggles to start cold but once warm and driven a few miles. It's fine, seen some internal lights flickering once started mainly the light switches for side lights low beam etc also noticed sometimes the headlights brighten up...
  9. Neilzomg

Changing head unit

Looking to change the head unit as cheaply as possible, Halfords want over 50 quid just for a fascia, mk2 leon 2.0 tdi 2007 sports reference model Seen a few android double din on eBay for around 40 quid but not sure if they're compatible for steering controls etc but I'm actually more...
  10. Neilzomg

Replacing bad fuse block with blade

Internal fuse box block melted from fan mechanic looked at it before and suggests it was a bad/loose block causing it to heat up and then melt rather than blow. Was checked with voltmeter etc said everything seems fine and it points to this. How safe or worth while replacing that bad block...
  11. Neilzomg

Turbo oil feed pipe

Anyone point me in the right direction to get a new oil feed pipe, 2007 mk2 2.0tdi sports reference leon bkd engine
  12. Neilzomg

Overboost :(

Cars been overboosting for about a month. Had it remapped and today had the remap removed but still went into overboost in 5th gear about 60mph. Only ever happens around this speed. Had the turbo pressure tested said everything is moving as it should be but still getting an overboost. So remap...
  13. Neilzomg

Tyre Stem Valves

Had the pleasure of trying to remove corroded on dust caps from my own stupid mistake of letting them corrode on... went to put air in and long story short they're now cut off after fighting with two pairs of pliers and a butane heat gun. one of the valves rubber has split at the bottom, still...
  14. Neilzomg

Internal Fuse Box Blowe Fan Melted

Had a problem with the fuse melting inside the fuse box, replaced the fan and resisitor pack and was fine for around a month. started melting again, had a look at the box and all of the plastic around the fuse slot has melted quite badly, does anyone know where i could locate a match for 2007...
  15. Neilzomg

Hey all

My first "proper" car I've had only been on the road almost two years, big difference coming from a 1l corsa to a 2.0tdi :L Here to learn a bit more about the cars, mechanics around here are hard to trust so it's good to know what I'm dealing with. Don't plan on doing much to the car as it's...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise