Search results

1. OwenMc

Dickheads with dash cams

And on a similar note... a police car pulled out of a layby to do a U-turn back the opposite direction and drove straight into the side of my sister's vehicle as she was driving home with a brand new car she'd just collected from the dealers.... write-off within 7 miles of pickup. Once all the...
  2. OwenMc

Where is the internal fuse box ?

Re installing the dashcam, this guide for the Mk3 Leon might help - the fuse number to use is probably the only thing you need to change. Worked a treat for me. https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/dashcam-wiring-guide-for-mk3-leon.454382/#post-4873657
  3. OwenMc

VW DataPlug

Paraphrasing the VW Connect App Ts&Cs: - data stored on VW server - uses mobile device data connection to report back to server - "VW AG shall protect the personal data of the user..." - "The user shall grant VW AG ..... a ... usage right unlimited in terms of time & content to other data...
  4. OwenMc

VW DataPlug

Canned blurb, lifted from an eBay ad: The Volkswagen DataPlug sends real-time vehicle data to a Bluetooth-enabled smartphone. In conjunction with the app Volkswagen ConnectedVan on the smartphone, a large number of data can be evaluated and displayed. For this purpose, the 16-pin plug is...
  5. OwenMc

Centre Screen

I've been getting way too familiar with this timeout setting since I located it, as the flippin' setting keeps either cancelling itself, or as happened last night just flat out being ignored :/ Anyway, on my '15 Leon Mk3 centre screen it's under: Menu -> Setup -> Screen -> Switch off display in...
  6. OwenMc

Auto close issue

And thanks from me too - that was one niggle that was irritating me, and is now sorted. Though, working in software, it sorta makes me smile when it boils down to 'reset Windows'.....
  7. OwenMc

New Member - Hants

G'day all, brand-new member with a 2nd hand Leon (2015) for a fortnight now. Already the good folks here have helped me install the dashcam I had in my previous car - all the time & swearing went into the previous install - this time it was 'just follow the pictures' :-)
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.