Search results

1. New recall - handbrake

Just in my Seat dealer for my Ibiza’s first service, and it turns out there’s a new recall for the handbrake adjuster nut. https://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/searches/expand.asp?uniqueID=D6298A9253CE673D8025839A0039EF9D&freeText=Blank&tx= I’d been hanging off on the seatbelt recall until...
  2. Arona owner looking for info - Highway lights, wastegate rattle and side mirrors

Hi - the only one I can confirm is the mirrors occasionally not folding out when starting the car again. A few other people on the forum have noticed it and mentioned it to their dealership but no fix so far, and I’m not sure how seriously Seat are taking it. I wasn’t aware about the auto...
  3. Electric door mirrors problems

How's everyone getting on with the electric door mirror problem? I'm still suffering from it and the dealer has gone very quiet on me... I've also noticed recently that my drivers side mirror folds in/out slower than the passenger side mirror - I'm wondering if that's related or if anyone else...
  4. LED headlights in France

Just thought I'd let you all know - after a quite a while on hold with SEAT customer service (whilst they checked with the technical department), I've been told that I won't need to do anything to my headlights to drive in France - apparently they are flat beam which means they're fine for...
  5. Beats Audio

I’d say that’s a good description! I also think Beats headphones are pretty pants, but the Beats sound system is one of the best I’ve come across in a car. Not sure if it helps at all, but I usually listen to alternative rock/guitar based sort of stuff, so not really the stereotypical Beats stuff.
  6. LED headlights in France

Cheers - yeah I had already checked the manual, but it sounded like a very generic and short message about needing stickers. I was under the impression that LED lights were flat beamed or would be adjustable somehow. Anyway I've fired off an email to SEAT so I'll see what they say
  7. Beats Audio

Definitely worth getting in my opinion - like you I couldn't find an Ibiza at the dealer which had the upgrade, so I took the plunge. I genuinely think it's a good step up on the standard system and would 100% choose it again.
  8. LED headlights in France

Not sure if anyone will know the answer to this one or not! I’m heading to Le Mans next month in my Ibiza, and i have no idea if i need headlight deflectors or not. I’ve got full LED headlights, and i’ve read conflicting things online about whether you need any deflectors on LED headlights or...
  9. Didn’t last long...

Sorry to see Peter - but I’m glad the car did its job well and that LV have dealt with it well. A shame to see a fellow March 18 car gone but it happens and the main thing is everyone is okay! Also great that you’re intending to get another Ibiza :) hope the lead times arent quite as long as...
  10. Seat-belt Safety issue identified in the SEAT Arona and SEAT Ibiza

“A seatbelt issue that can leave a rear passenger unbuckled during a high-speed manoeuvre has been identified in the Seat Arona, Seat Ibiza and Volkswagen Polo, and VW has now advised that owners of the affected cars do not use the middle rear seat until a recall is issued”
  11. Seat-belt Safety issue identified in the SEAT Arona and SEAT Ibiza

Sorry about that - looks like they changed the URL and updated the article! I’ve updated the link now
  12. Seat-belt Safety issue identified in the SEAT Arona and SEAT Ibiza

Saw this article today: https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/volkswagen-and-seat-seatbelt-issue-passengers-advised-not-use-middle-seat Interesting stuff. I'm guessing there's going to be a mass recall at somepoint from SEAT? Seems to be quite a big flaw that the seatbelt can...
  13. Electric door mirrors problems

I’m not sure how much you’ve read of these posts, but I find it very hard to believe that you or anyone else could think that a “Key not detected” warning whilst driving, or mirrors occasionally not folding out automatically when starting the car could be in anyway user error..... I mean...
  14. Electric door mirrors problems

So I finally had the dealers look at it, and I’m not sure what they did but the issue is still there. What’s interesting is that I’ve now got a few other things happening too. There’s been a few times when I’ve been driving in the last couple of weeks where a message saying “Key Not Detected”...
  15. Oops...

Damn :( What a :censored: Looks like a fair whack! Any CCTV nearby? Guessing it's an insurance job...
  16. Electric door mirrors problems

Booked my car in on the 21st for the dealer to see if they can figure out why it’s happening. They contacted Seat management, who weren’t aware of the problem. So in all honesty I’m not expecting it fixed that day. Particularly because the problem is infrequent and random! I can guarantee it...
  17. Electric door mirrors problems

You can fold them in by holding the door for a few seconds - you don’t need to use the key Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. Electric door mirrors problems

I emailed my dealer yesterday with a video of the problem, and he's come back to me this morning to say that they haven’t heard of the problem before, so he has forwarded my email to SEAT management. Would probably be a good idea for everyone to drop their dealer a line on this, as I'd guess...
  19. Service plans - what's everyone gone for?

That sounds like a good deal! Does it include any maintenance? I've been quoted £516 for three years servicing - £685 for three years servicing plus maintenance (apparently including replacing brake parts, but not sure the brakes will need replacing after 30,000 miles?) Still the prices...
  20. Service plans - what's everyone gone for?

Currently mulling over whether I sign up to one of my dealers three year service plans, or if I go rogue and get it done elsewhere. I've been quoted around £510 for a 36 months service plan (which will cover 1 minor service, 1 major service and another minor service). They've also quoted me...