Search results

1. Continental Sport-Contact-5 life expectancy on Cupra

I begrudgingly had to replace one when a stone/brick ?!?!! took a huge chunk out of the sidewall after just 2k miles... They grip just fine but they're very noisy. Secretly hoping they wear down nice and quick so the Michelin's can go on!
  2. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Pothole 1 : Tyre 0... Despite best efforts to avoid the mess that are the roads around here. I managed to take a huge chunk out of the sidewall of my tyre today, very minor damage to the alloy itself, but it's going to need a new tyre :censored: :cry:
  3. Mk3 Cupra average range full tank?

Total mixture of driving in my Cupra. Lifetime is currently @ 36mpg which is frankly ridiculous! There's been plenty of motorway driving, but i also live in city centre full of stop start. Don't hold back when the conditions allow either. Pleasantly surprised. Running on V Power, but i'd be on...
  4. Cupra 300 Resonator Delete

Do wish the exhaust was more audible from inside the car (seeing as the sound proofing is pretty rubbish as it is!). From outside, my manual 300, when warm makes plenty of noise from ~ 3k+
  5. Odd DCC Suspension behavior... Help!

Suspension likely knackered on at least one corner. Garage time!
  6. Cupra exhaust popping and banging

Completely silent so far on my 300 ST manual - 2k miles. Hope it kicks in eventually. Car has been exceptional so far though, cornering is incredible! Managed 320 miles / 36mpg average on last tank too! Showed 50 miles still to go. Enjoying myself too! Must try harder ;)
  7. Whats the cupra like to live with?

Got 40.4mpg on a 310mile trip yesterday. Not bad! Conti tyres are very noisy though!
  8. cornering lights

Cornering fog lights seem to be on my cupra at low speed. Headlights seem to do a lot of auto adjusting at slow speed around town too. New LEDs are incredible compared to my old car.
  9. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Mine took 6 months. Enjoying the manual box - didn't realise the books had closed! Had other pictures on the "what did you do with your.." thread, but here's another from yesterday's cleaning mission: Mobile phones can take some pretty smart photos these days!
  10. Glass scratch but not a scratch as such

Gtechniq G4 glass polish might work?
  11. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Wash/Clay/Seal/Wax etc...pleased with the results!
  12. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Looks great mate! I gave mine it’s first proper clean...will upload pics later.
  13. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Hope it gets sorted ASAP for you mate!!
  14. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Re paperwork. The dealership I ordered from is a long long way from me (best deal). I was sent everything to sign in advance via email. I then had to sign and return via post along with my driving license and some proof of address. Had everything back the next day. Perhaps see if that’s an...
  15. Calling Cupra experts

Or you could just prefer the involvement of a manual...potential lifespan and slower acceleration be damned?
  16. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Good to know! They certainly have worked well for me too. My only negative experience of Contis in the past has been a bit of noise and awful wear rate. I’m not expecting to see more than 8k miles even with sensible driving.
  17. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

And mine! No complaints
  18. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Will do - looks good, think I might just prefer blue or silver but it was free and you only live once! Awful day here, tipping it down with rain. On a side note, front wheel grip seems absolutely fine. Maybe I just drive like miss daisy. Will get a pic up later.
  19. Cupra 300 Insurance

Paying £420 6yrs ncb, dodgy city centre street parking - with Churchill. Pleased!
  20. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

The desire red st has arrived!! Currently faffing around town sorting parking permits..! First impressions very positive. No rattles, ride comfortable, rapid even at gentle rpms! Digi cockpit kinda cool!
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.