Search results

1. GarryC

Fuel prices??

Shell V-Power is 125.9 locally. I always ran mine on that and get around 340 - 370 for a tank (£64 fill up) on my LCR. When I did have to use a couple of tanks of supermarket fuel, I got around 300 - 310 and the car just didnt run as smooth. Worth paying the small premium in my eyes.
  2. GarryC

what have you done to your car today ?

Sad indeed, it was a mint car that I had just got to 100% A1 condition. Really nice. Sadly, the Leon was only ever my commuting car and just wasn't economical enough for me so had to go. I now have a Diesel Alfa Romeo GT. Really nice place to be and gives me 55mpg with loads of comfort and...
  3. GarryC

Sold my LCR :(
  4. GarryC

As the weather was still quite nice in Kent over the weekend. Gave it a good wash and wax. The first since coming back from the bodyshop. Looks so much nicer without the little lacquer peel issues. They were not major, just enough to bother me. Pleased I got them done :)
  5. GarryC

LED headlight, help needed! Sparkie?? or anyone..

So, what do you think of them after using them at night?
  6. GarryC

Without looking, I can’t be sure to be honest. But with original bulb, there is one to the cradle, one to the bulb. Both these now go to the LED bulb. If it doesn’t work, just swap them around, I get it wrong every time, ha ha
  7. GarryC

If you look, there is another clip below the bulb, that’s the earth. It’s attached to the cradle. Pull that off and connect that, plus the one off the original bulb to the new ones. Be amazed at the light :)
  8. GarryC

Thinking of buying this mk1 cupra r anyone’s?

Buy mine for £4k :) 2004 LCR 225 - BAM 82k miles. Red. No fade or lacquer peel. Washed and waxed weekly. A1 condition, no expense spared model with FSH, stacks of receipts. Still considered a low milage model (6k a year) compared to many avaliable. Totally stock except LED...
  9. GarryC

Thinking of buying this mk1 cupra r anyone’s?

This is a massivly open ended question. They have many common faults that are normally age/mileage related, but nothing I would say is a deal breaker, just normal wear and tear. As that car is such low mileage, I would try and validate that, (especially as that's over 4 owners) where possible...
  10. GarryC

Sure pal, pick my car up from the bodyshop later on, will try and get some when I do. Although it may be dark :) Biggest thing I noticed is how low they sit, you almost cant see them from the drivers seat.
  11. GarryC

Is this typical of a door lock failing?

It could well be. One of the easiest sign that a door lock is failing, is the lower door puddle lights stop working, or when you open that door, the interior light wont turn on. Normally the switch fails first, then the lock. Main piece of advise would be to sort it now, before the lock...
  12. GarryC

It could be a charge cooler, rather than air intercooler. They are much much smaller, and generally more efficient :)
  13. GarryC

Few small jobs on the car completed today: * New Headlight switch module fitted. (Front fogs had stopped working, this cured that issue) * New Thermostat fitted. (Was running cool unless driven hard, this cured that issue) * MK5 Golf Wiper Arms and Bosch Blades fitted - Much neater setup...
  14. GarryC

It's not possible to save them all. Some people just want to watch the world burn.
  15. GarryC

Not at all. Just trying to highlight how your advice is poor. Trying to get something for nothing and generally con people isn't something to be proud of or encourage. Think about what you say and try to make better choices in the future. Just guidance to someone I feel needs it, that's...
  16. GarryC

Andrew, please don't encourage making fake claims for whiplash, or emotional distress, all that just puts everyone's premiums up as well as being both legally and morally wrong. So long as the bus company sort the car, provide a courtesy car and are generally decent about it all, then leave it...
  17. GarryC

Just found these Nighteye Fanless ones: H7 Dipped beam. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NIGHTEYE-H7-8000LM-LED-Headlight-Light-Bulbs-Kit-Replace-Halogen-6500K-White-UK/391519086554?epid=15009401587&hash=item5b285b27da:g:rZQAAOSwImRYITMd&autorefresh=true Could be worth a go? Only used the fan...
  18. GarryC

Yes - H3 are Fog lights :) No problem at all with the nighteye ones. Lots of space behind the cover, and so long as you read the instructions first, it really is a 1 minute job. Yes, see here: I cant speak for all, but I had zero issues with the Nighteyes behind the covers. Could...
  19. GarryC

Hi Buddy, No, not for me at all. I just have a normal radio though, not DAB. Although not sure if that makes a difference.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.