Search results

1. Retrieving cleared fault codes?

Especially on a 10k+ car haha. It was more of a question if VW/SEAT could see how many times I've cleared the code, and when it first started.
  2. Retrieving cleared fault codes?

Thanks for the help, it was a P2014 code, and the engine light comes up after 3 drive cycles. From what I can gather and can find out it's either the intake manifold its self, or just a sensor on the intake. Car drives fine for now, but i'm not driving it unless I have too. Going to take it...
  3. Retrieving cleared fault codes?

Probably a bit of an odd question... If a fault code is cleared/ reset via Carista or another similar app. Can a dealer retrieve these codes in some kind of history and see when they first appeared? My worry is that if the dealer sees I've been driving many miles with a fault code they can...
  4. Help with EML Light - Fault Code P2014? (1.8tsi)

So bad news for me today! EML light came on after seeing some cruise control errors the previous week. Tried reading the fault codes with carista (I know it's not a great tool for errors) it's throwing up code P2014, and a few others (See screen shot). Reading what I can, it's probably going to...
  5. Racechip RS box on a TSI 140 FR Leon

That's great. Good to have hands on experience on the actual car rather than just stories from other people. Currently weighing up DTUK and RaceChip and they are the only warranty 'friendly' tune. Might pickup a racehcip as well to test seeing at it's got a 30 day moneyback guarantee...
  6. Racechip RS box on a TSI 140 FR Leon

Any noticeable affect on fuel consumption yet? :) (if any)
  7. Racechip RS box on a TSI 140 FR Leon

Let me know how it goes, i'm interested :)
  8. Racechip RS box on a TSI 140 FR Leon

Possibly. Not to mention it only increased the Bhp by 10. Rather than the advertised 40. Also they then sent it back got a revo remap instead and the problems went away with power delivery.
  9. Racechip RS box on a TSI 140 FR Leon

Problem with racechip is that it intercepts data from the ECU and then changes it. From people I've spoken too that has them, they work. But the power delivery is slightly delayed and is kind of all in one go. Something that a proper remap (flashing ecu) would fix as they can iron out the...
  10. FR 1.8 TSI Real World MPG

Got even worse today. 32mpg on the way home. Made a particular effort to drive economically and at a decent speed. Something doesn't feel right here :( Is it possible the balancing/ tracking is off because of the new wheels or wheel bearings going?
  11. FR 1.8 TSI Real World MPG

Tyres were rated better for fuel on my 18's, maybe I'm just going crazy. I'm sure the cold weather each morning recently isn't helping!
  12. FR 1.8 TSI Real World MPG

I've never got under 30mpg even when driving hard. There's a few Cupras for sale in Exeter from traders if you want travel for an hour or so!
  13. FR 1.8 TSI Real World MPG

I've got the 1.8 tsi... When I had 17" rims I was getting about 40mpg on a 20 mile trip to work. Mostly motorway. But now i've switched to 18" rims i'm getting about 36mpg :confused: (Sensible driving) Not sure if it's the weather at the moment, or the wheels really make that much difference!
  14. 17 inch alloys wanted

Yeah that's the ones I've got. :cartman: Unfortunately dpd failed to deliver... Which I'm really not surprised about haha. So It will be next weekend if you can wait that long? That way they'll be off the car and I can give them a deep clean
  15. 17 inch alloys wanted

Hi! I've got a set which i'll be getting rid sometime in the next week or two. It's the standard 17" from 2013-15 I believe. Do you have a picture of the ones you mean? My 18" rims are arriving tomorrow (if DPD actually decide to deliver). They've got loads of tread left on the tyres...
  16. Wheels nuts universal?

See, told you I'm still stuck in the mini days :( Either way, you answered my question cheers!
  17. Wheels nuts universal?

Does anyone know if the wheel nuts are all the same for the different types of alloys? (Including cupra ect) Looking to go from the Standard 17" FR alloys to the nicer 18" FR version. Possible the cupra rims at a later date. In remembrance of the days when i had a classic mini, there was about...
  18. Input Appreciated: 1.8TFSI 180 FR Power

I have noticed this is mine, same engine and with DSG. However in eco mode funnily enough. The throttle really isn't that responsive in eco, and you put your foot down to try and get it off the line it then it shoots foward like there is a delay. I stick it in sport when i'm cruising around...
  19. 4th Leon body style

I would sell both my kidneys if this came out :-o Reminds me of slightly the GT86...
  20. 1.4 or 1.8

I think I overpaid for my Leon, but it was the only one in the south west, so I couldn't do much about it :shrug: The depreciation on any Leon scares me a bit.....