Search results

1. Stephenator280

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

I asked the same question last time I tried. The recommendation I got, which I used this time, was wire wool (to get most of the carbon deposits off) and autosol to polish. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Stephenator280

Gave the old pipes a scrum and polish Before And after Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Stephenator280

Stuck on the present from Santa. Not sure I’m happy with the placement, or whether it’s completely straight... but it’ll do for now Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Stephenator280

£100 off PS4s tyres.

Would be best to ask black circles. Last time Michelin has a similar deal, black circles were not involved Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Stephenator280

Car not staying in cupra mode.

Seems to be the same for dsg cars, when you put the gearbox into sport mode (and are ordinarily in individual or Cupra modes upon startup) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. Stephenator280

Exhaust sounds, pops, bangs etc

I bet his car sounds good though(pop or not) the B58 is a lovely engine Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. Stephenator280

Leon CUPRA R ST – now in importer stock

They’ve just started running one (with the abt ECU mod) on the EVO fast fleet. Would be interesting to see what they make of it as they have run a few Cupras (280 sub8?, 280 st, 300 4drive and ateca) in the past iirc. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Stephenator280

Remap or Superchip? Seat Leon FR - 1.8 TSI

When I got my remap done, my insurers, esure, only seemed to have one category for tuning/remap/chipping which they called ‘chipping’. I clarified with the guy on the phone that what I had done fell into the correct bracket Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. Stephenator280

Exhaust sounds, pops, bangs etc

I suspect most of the ST’s with louder sounding exhausts (which have not be outright replaced) have had at least a res-delete done. As for myself (I have a dsg 280st) pops and bangs were not noticeable and dsg farts were so quiet as not to notice. After my res delete it was much better. There...
  10. Stephenator280

EDIFF Service for FWD 280/290/300 anyone done it?

I paid £344 for both a month or two back (although I think this included the excess on the courtesy car). This seems to be about right for main-dealer prices. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Stephenator280

EDIFF Service for FWD 280/290/300 anyone done it?

Yes seat recommend it is done after 3 years or 30,000 miles. Below is a recent thread about it. I had mine done a month or so ago VAQ LSD Servicing...
  12. Stephenator280

Yeah, my life will never be the same again. Funnily Enough as I was filling up, the guy in front had a Karoq and I could see his fuel cap hanging down. From a distance it looked to be the same setup as ours, I was tempted to go and speak to him... but chickened out in the end. I suppose that...
  13. Stephenator280

Filled her up, dangle-free Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. Stephenator280

Popped over to Pristine Automotive in Huntingdon to get a few more horses extracted. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. Stephenator280

Had my dsg and diff service done (yesterday) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. Stephenator280

VAQ LSD Servicing

Cheers for the reply. Tried myself to ring round a few local Skoda/vw garages but they weren’t up for it. So booked it in for slightly more than you were quoted. Not too bad in the grand scheme of things. Had my brakes all done last week, so once these two final items are done I’ll be popping...
  17. Stephenator280

VAQ LSD Servicing

Managed to get a quote for the diff service, along with the dsg service, which I want doing: Front differential oil change: fixed price of £133.20 and is recommended every 3 years. DSG oil change: fixed price of £199 and is recommended at 40,000 miles. Do those figures seem legit? I think the...
  18. Stephenator280

VAQ LSD Servicing

I am going through the exact same process (trying to get clarity over what’s required) and have been given various different answers from different places. The garage my car is in today, as it happens, have been told by VW (not seat afaik although they are also checking with them today) that the...
  19. Stephenator280

The b8 and b8.5 s4/s5 engine is the 3.0 TFSI (supercharged v6). At least from around 2013 onwards. Up until 2012 the s5 has the older 4.2 fsi. The s4 switched out to the 3.0 tfsi in 2010 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. Stephenator280

Goodyear or Michelin

One thing to note, last time I checked (about 6months who so things may have moved on since) the PS4 was not available on sizes greater than 18inch, the opposite is the case for the PS4S I.e. the smallest tyre size was 19inch. That is why a lot of newish cars, which would ordinarily fit the top...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members