Search results

1. All season or winter tyres?

After 7-8 years of swapping wheels/tyres 2 x per year, I got fed up of it and went to all seasons (Pirelli) when I got my new Leon ST last November. No regrets, I came through last winter no problems. Personally I would go for Cross Climates if they were available in your size but realise they...
  2. bridgestones are awfull

I can confirm the Pirellis were very good in the recent snow.
  3. 18inch space saver wheel

I fail to understand how both sizes have same rolling diameter, my calculation gives an 8 percent difference.
  4. Cupra unwanted interest

If you have keyless then invest in TWO Faraday Bags (Amazon or eBay) for the keys (2nd for the spare). Most importantly make sure you use the bag and take with you when you go out (not left in the house). Hide the bags in a safe place out of sight and NEVER leave on the hall table.
  5. bridgestones are awfull

I also believe that Bridgstones are awful tyres. Cost me a lot of money to repair damaged suspension on a previous Subaru Legacy when they let go on a corner, absolute pants. I was running winter tyres year round last 2-3 years as my mileage is low and because my previous Golf GTD Estate came...
  6. MK3 Led Headlights vs Mk3 facelift LED Headlights

My Nov'17 ST Xcellence headlights are certainly as good as the Xenons on my previous '16 Golf GTD. Also pleased to note that the cornering function was present as the previous brochure I recall stated they were not. Can't comment on how they compare with the pre F/L.
  7. New (mature) member

Thanks to both of you who replied. I am enjoying the forum and hope to enjoy the car.
  8. Stock tires are rubbish in rain

I collect my new Leon ST 1.4 TSI Xcellence on 21 November. Don't care what tyres are on it they will be replaced by Pirelli Cinturato All Season + the following day. My present Golf GTD came on Potenza S001's and they were crap, presently running Nokian WR A3's year round, but they will come off...
  9. New (mature) member

Thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a 'baby boomer' from Central Scotland collecting my first SEAT (new Leon ST 1.4 TSI) in 11 day's time. Getting rid of my 15 month old Golf GTD Estate ahead of the stampede to get out of diesel. Arnold Clark found me the only Xcellence ST in their supply chain...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.