Search results

1. Ibiza cupra tdi 160 high idle

Sorry to dig up an old thread. My current pd160 has just started with this issue aswell. Going to 1k revs and down to 800/850 every time I start it in the morning. It’s fine when it warms up however, after a drive to work etc. Tried unplugging the MAF and also checking fault memory, no stored...
  2. Handbrake Adjustment

Yes you could do, the only problem is that if it’s already elongated as soon as you pull the handbrake lever it will just pull on the one good cable :( have you got any bits of wood laying about you could drive on top of? It would give you a bit better access underneath the car. Hopefully you...
  3. Handbrake Adjustment

Hi mate, it sounds like your handbrake cable is stretched! The caliper return springs will be fine, but the cable has probably stretched out a bit hence the crap handbrake. Mine did this too!
  4. Crank case breather Pipe 200$ LCR Bam

Yea haha tell me about it! True mate, you know that song chasing highs? It’s more like chasing faults with this cupra haha. Thanks for the help and I apologise for completely hijacking this thread, just at wits end with this thing lol.
  5. Crank case breather Pipe 200$ LCR Bam

Ok no bother, I’ll look out for any sporadic movement or spiking then. Yea it’s an LCR, BAM engine. It nearly stalled this morning when I started it, very lumpy idle.. there’s so much it could be, but I’ll smoke test it again and check the MAF as you say! The only other thing I could think of...
  6. Crank case breather Pipe 200$ LCR Bam

I do mate, hopefully it’s ok! What should the MAF readings be? Or will it flag up obviously if it’s banjaxed? Cheers
  7. Crank case breather Pipe 200$ LCR Bam

It was put in before the throttle valve and also put it on the pipe connected directly to the crankcase to check the PCV pipes. Sound ok?
  8. Crank case breather Pipe 200$ LCR Bam

Yes I had a quick look on here and the MAF came up! I’ll try cleaning it for good measure and get it smoke tested again! Knowing my luck another pipe has split lol. The MAF must be getting innacurate air flow readings and the ecu is trying to compensate with more fuelling? It was popping and...
  9. Crank case breather Pipe 200$ LCR Bam

Hi again! Well I fitted the pipe and rand the car, all seemed normal! Went to start the car this morning and it was just turning over! Tested the fuel pump and it had just died! So replaced the pump and it started fine! However, when driving home I gave it a little bit of boost and the car...
  10. Crank case breather Pipe 200$ LCR Bam

Yes I see! Ok mate I’ll have a look yea cheers again! :D
  11. Crank case breather Pipe 200$ LCR Bam

What are the pros and cons? I’m afraid I’m more accustom to diseasals than petroleum lol. I take it there’s a thread for a catchcan install on mk1 Leon’s?
  12. Crank case breather Pipe 200$ LCR Bam

Think I’ll look more into that as it seems to be more straight forward lol
  13. Crank case breather Pipe 200$ LCR Bam

Has anyone thought of the oil catch can install instead? It does away with most of the PCV piping doesn’t it?
  14. Crank case breather Pipe 200$ LCR Bam

Smoke test came back ok! Just need to wait for my silicone pipe to replace the old one and should be ok! :) fingers crossed! Will let you know when I fit the replacement and take her for a test drive, thanks mate!
  15. Crank case breather Pipe 200$ LCR Bam

Yes that is more than likely the cause now that I think about it! And it’s whooshing under boost, a bit like a split in a boost pipe! I taped it up but it’s completely separated now, as I floored it earlier chasing a mk5 gti golf Nice one mate that’s a brilliant idea actually! Thankfully I...
  16. Crank case breather Pipe 200$ LCR Bam

It was on briefly and I got a code p0170 - fuel trim, something like that! I assumed it wasn’t fuelling properly because of this and the lumpy idle. Could you smell petrol when starting it? Like a very lean smell? If that makes sense lol
  17. Crank case breather Pipe 200$ LCR Bam

Hi mate Is your pipe split? I just noticed mine was ripped so I ordered a creation motorsport one, it wasn’t idling properly aswell!
  18. Cooling issues

They self bleed so as said above it would’ve been more likely to be a waterpump failure or blockage. When you flushed the system it would have cleared out any old gunk that was lingering around! With reference to the fans, they shouldn’t need to come on unless the engine is overheating? I’m not...
  19. LED headlight, help needed! Sparkie?? or anyone..

hi mate, are the foglight bulbs h3? Just to confirm before I replace mine
  20. Hello everyone

Amazing! Pd130 engine per chance? They are so solid, I really miss mine, heaps of torque aswell! Haha, you have your priorities in order by the sounds of it! Touch wood, hope the Ibiza keeps pulling for a few more years to come!
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.