Search results

1. steve0

Why isnt my Cupra selling...??

Yeah, I see what you mean about the grotty looking engine bay, I will give that a clean tomorrow I think, take a few more pics. With regards to the air filter, only your finest K&N 57i (not fitted by me I might add!!); but, I see your point!! I also see what you mean about the bonnet not...
  2. steve0

Yeah, sorry I forgot to say before; mileage is now on 53k.
  3. steve0

Thanks for all the replies guys, I guess il just hold on. Gonna lower the price a bit more towards the end of the week, see if that helps. With regards to the wheels, that is all opinion. Personally, I think they look good and complement the car, and so do a lot of people that have seen it. I...
  4. steve0

Sorry, forgot to add a link to the advert: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=160641
  5. steve0

I have had my Cupra for sale for a couple of weeks now, I started it off at too higher price, because I wasnt really in a rush to sell. But, it has now been reduced to what I was say is a failrly realistic price. The car really is immaculate, and im sure when someone comes to view it, it will...
  6. steve0

Cupra missfiring badly

I forgot to say, forgive my ignorance; but what is GSF?!
  7. steve0

Cupra missfiring badly

Indeed; probably the obvious. The nasty smell was what caused me concern, as I wasn't aware that it was a symptom of an plug/coil fault. The plugs are virtually new, so as has been said, it is more likely the latter.
  8. steve0

Cupra missfiring badly

Last night on my way home, came onto boost in second and it suddenly kinda popped, engine management light started flashing and it started missfiring very badly. It is doing it constantly whilst driving; but still idle's. I crawled home, and when I got home it smelt very badly of burning oil...
  9. steve0

Just a few questions about my Cupra...

Right, cheers for all that. With regards to the the EPC/EML issue, I just wondered if they cuold in any way be related, as they literally both came on at exactly the same time.
  10. steve0

Ah right, il give it a go, cheers.
  11. steve0

I have a few little niggles with my Cupra, and am just after a few opinions/similar experiences, etc. 1. Recently, when I start the car early in the morning, the red engine temperature light comes on along with three beeps. I am not 100% if the lights flashes intermittently, or is continous...
  12. steve0

Cupra only boosting to 5psi...

Right, good little idea that, il give it a go. Could the knock sensor fault have anything to do with it? Where about's on the Cupra's engine is the knock sensor?? Cheers
  13. steve0

Right-0, plugs are near enough brand new - NGK BKR7E with standard gap on a remapped cupra, sound about right? Il check the coilpacks, is there an obvious way of telling if they're fu*ked or not?? Cheers
  14. steve0

I have just been down to visit relatives for the day, and on the way back, just after a good bit of spirited driving on the motorway, it started only boosting to 5psi and will not rise any further. No lights on the dash for miles and miles of it doing it, then when very near home the Engine...
  15. steve0

HELP; Forge FMIC hanging off!!!

Well, I phoned Forge about 30 seconds after writing the thread this morning; and tbh - 10/10 for the service I got! They said to whip it off, send it back and they'll have a new one out in the post to me the same day they recieve it, awesome! Just hope the xmas post isnt too bad now...
  16. steve0

HELP; Forge FMIC hanging off!!!

Had been out shopping for the day yesterday, and was just approaching my home town. Came down off the nearby bypass and as I braked for the junction, I heard a scraping noise come from the front. I instantly thought; LCR Splitter is fooked and hanging off! So carried on and it did it a few more...
  17. steve0

Only getting very low boost?

Obviously, im going to get that done asap (probably Friday when I get chance tho). I was just trying to see if anyone had experienced similar, with a definitive outcome.
  18. steve0

Only getting very low boost?

Car has generally been running fine lately; but then yesterday it started being a bit strange. I was cruising down the motorway and had been for quite a while with it being normal. It generally hits about 20-21psi on peak and then tails off to about 15psi on full chat. All of a sudden, I put my...
  19. steve0

Electric Windows....

I have EXACTLY the same problem on mine as this, would be interested in how to get it sorted...
  20. steve0

Vt Engine Mounts ....

Good question that, I would also like to know....! :)
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.