Search results

1. jdmsx

Mk5 Ibiza 6j 2.0tdi FR

- Had a busy few weeks recently. Attended Cumbriavag/first proper show since the pandemic started. And had a lot of prep to do before then and not leaving myself much time to do it. - Finally got the whole front end painted along with the rear bumper, getting rid of the stone chips and lacquer...
  2. jdmsx

Mk5 Ibiza 6j 2.0tdi FR

A remap will make your car completely different, great thing to have done. For the splitter all you need to do is use some screws and work your way round the edges pushing them to the shape of the bumper!
  3. jdmsx

Mk5 Ibiza 6j 2.0tdi FR

Thanks very much! I understand that parts can be expensive especially being a student. It takes time to build up a car, I have been an apprentice while building this car which is why it has taken me almost 4 years to get it near where I am happy with it. In regards to the splitter, it is a...
  4. jdmsx

Mk5 Ibiza 6j 2.0tdi FR

Part 2 of the Rear Speaker install: OEM speaker removed, drilled out rivets and open up to allow rivnuts in. Connector cut off. Wires spliced, and adaptor bolted up. Tesa tape for oem+ points. View from behind showing rivnut installation. Speaker attached and wiring rerouted. All...
  5. jdmsx

Mk5 Ibiza 6j 2.0tdi FR

Few updates: Finally got a hold of a black cupra headliner and all pillar trims. Tackled this a few weeks ago, not a hard job at all, ibiza interior is particularly easy to take apart. So glad the cream has gone! While pulling apart the interior, I remembered both rear speakers had died some...
  6. jdmsx

Mk5 Ibiza 6j 2.0tdi FR

Quick post to keep this thread active. Not much changes done recently, but few things lined up. The little beefa has been accepted into Cumbriavag so will be there June 10th-11th. In an ideal world, it would have a few panels painted to tidy it up but we’ll see what happens!
  7. jdmsx

Active members

Here, been away for a while
  8. jdmsx

Pre-facelift Bi-Xenon Headlight Conversion?

Yeah, will be sticking with the twin halogens but thinking about doing a custom build and retrofitting the projectors into them instead. It’ll work out the same price, if not cheaper to do so.
  9. jdmsx

Yes they are, which was quite disappointing as the were oem black internals too. But after a bit of research I’m glad I did as it involves having to change the BCM and if you want to keep it as close to OEM as possible you need to install the auto-levelling kit too, which was roughly around £400...
  10. jdmsx

Gave up on the idea after the headlight tabs were delivered broken. Fair play to you taking on the challenge. How come you switched from facelift to pre-facelift?
  11. jdmsx

How much offset

Previously ran OZ Superleggeras 18” and now run Fifteen52 Turbomacs 17”
  12. jdmsx

How much offset

I’m back to running 17x8j et30 as it’s much comfier and sits flush. Need to run minimum 215/35/18 tyres and it’s not fun on harsh roads
  13. jdmsx

How much offset

I ran 18x8j et35 and was pretty spot on. If wanting to run a lower offset I would recommend you stick to running 17’s, as the larger diameter of the 18’s does fill the radius of the arches quite closely
  14. jdmsx

Mk5 Ibiza 6j 2.0tdi FR

Cleaned + gel badge overlays applied. This is probably the best look it’s had yet. Really happy with the way this thing has turned out. Just need to keep the ball rolling, still lots to do, and the wrong time of year to do things! Lack of money and daylight.
  15. jdmsx

Fitting new wheels and tyres

You’ll be fine mate, basically the same as fitting a 6mm spacer, it’ll make no difference
  16. jdmsx

Mk5 Ibiza 6j 2.0tdi FR

Cheers mate, yeah the grills were a nightmare to paint apparently, not the best finish but look much better than the raw plastic effect. Still need to put my AEM Dryflow on but gonna do some logging of the downpipe and see what it does for fuel and performance every day driving
  17. jdmsx

Mk5 Ibiza 6j 2.0tdi FR

Also finally got the downpipe made up for this! Now running a full 2.5” straight pipe system. I wanted to give my personal review of each of the different exhaust stages I’ve went through and how they’ve changed the performance of the vehicle... *All stages were during when the car was...
  18. jdmsx

Mk5 Ibiza 6j 2.0tdi FR

Update Time: Stripped off all the front grills as I decided it was time to get them painted Been commuting like this for the last 2 weeks while they were away haha. Now returned and spent the afternoon of light and dry weather building the bumper back up. Quite a pain in the arse to get the...
  19. jdmsx

Loss of power steering 2.0tdi 2011

Hmm, if it’s been coded in then rules that out. Maybe just as simple as resetting the codes hasn’t been done. I know that if you switch the ignition off and on 3x it sometimes resets the codes. Even try disconnecting the battery for a minute and reconnect to see if that does the trick. Evener...
  20. jdmsx

Wheel spacers with spigot rings and camber adjustment

Depends on the company tbh mate. Here’s a screenshot from the company I bought mine from.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.