Search results

1. jdmsx

Pre-facelift Bi-Xenon Headlight Conversion?

Managed to get a hold of a pair of Bi-Xenon headlight units for my 2011 Ibiza. I cannot find any info online on how to convert over and anyone I’ve spoken to says don’t waste your time, buttt I’m a bit stubborn and want to make it work. There must be someone on here that’s done it?! Maybe...
  2. jdmsx

Bi-xenon headlights retrofit.

Has anyone attempted to put the pre-facelift bi-xenons into a car which came with halogen headlights from factory? What is needed and what is involved? Thanks!
  3. jdmsx

2.0tdi Idle Issue

So, my 2.0tdi Ibiza has an odd idle issue, where when I depress the clutch, my revs are not dropping to the usual 900rpm straight away, but is sticking at 1200rpm before eventually falling to 900rpm if I come to a complete stop. It is making slowing down an issue as the engine is still racing...
  4. jdmsx

2.0tdi Coolant Temp Sensor Location?

Anyone point me in the right direction on where the Coolant Temp Sensor is located? Cheers!
  5. jdmsx

2.0tdi Turbo Upgrades?

Looking around for a turbo upgrade to produce roughly 220-240hp on my 2.0tdi, without paying the ridiculous Darkside prices on the kits they offer. At the moment, I’ve only really found one contender which is the XMAN GTC1556vz Hybrid Turbo, and wondered if anyone has pushed decent power out of...
  6. jdmsx

Aerial/Radio signal booster?

Bought myself a stubby aerial few months back but after installing I found the signal for the radio to really suffer and reverted back to the oem aerial as I listen to the radio on my daily commute. I was just wondering if anyone had installed a signal booster to their ibiza? Standard head unit...
  7. jdmsx

Maxton Design Side Skirt Extension Installation?

Just got myself a set of Maxton Design Side Skirt Extensions and looking for a bit of advice. The instructions say to use a bit of sealant/glue along with the self tappers that come with it, but the sealant seems like a bit of overkill. Just wondered if anyone has installed them and could give...
  8. jdmsx

6L v 6J Exhaust Comparison Query

Hi guys, I currently have a mk5 6j and I’m looking for exhaust options but I’m fairly limited to what is available compared to the the options/prices on the 6L. I was hoping someone may be able to shed some light and tell me whether the exhausts between the 2 models are similar or almost...
  9. jdmsx

Material selection for custom diffuser fins?

So I’m looking to make my own custom diffuser fin extensions. Was hoping somebody would have recommendations of what material/where to buy the resources. Preferably looking at something along the lines of acrylic plastic in black, 5-10mm thick, and not overly expensive to buy a sheet, maybe 2x...
  10. jdmsx

Rear Bumper Reflector Removal?

Just wanted to know if removing the two lower rear reflectors was a case of popping them out of the bumper with a bit of force or if there is a screw up inside the back of the bumper which needs to be taken out before they can be removed? Cheers!
  11. jdmsx

17” Alloys

Looking to buy aftermarket 17” alloys, preferably 5x100 stud pattern and around 8”/8.5” wide.
  12. jdmsx

USDM Kit Installation?

Recently bought a Bespoked USDM kit for my ibiza and was just wondering if anyone has any advice/photos/guides to help before I go ahead and attempt to install it at the weekend. Cheers!
  13. jdmsx

2.0tdi cr140 acceleration judder/jerking issue

Hi guys, been struggling for a few months now with a problem with my car. When I want to accelerate, overtake or go up a steep hill the car judders and jerks, and if the jerk lasts for long enough the car goes into limp mode and glow plug light begins to flash on the dash. This is extremely...
  14. jdmsx

Skirts & Spoiler Paint Quote Query

Just wondering if anyone on here has had a set of side-skirts and spoiler painted and what sort of prices were quoted to them. Cheers!
  15. jdmsx

P2100 Problem Ibiza 2.0tdi

So recently ran into a problem with my 2011 Seat Ibiza. Flashing glow plug light and engine management light, scanned with a basic diagnostic tool came back with the P2100 Throttle Actuator Circuit Open. Done a bit of reading into it and it seems the intake manifold flaps go bad on the 2.0tdi...
  16. jdmsx

Photoshop Request

Don’t really know which forum category this would be most suited to but it is car related so I’ll stick in here and change it if need be! Looking for someone who has experience with photoshop just to change wheel colours, and some other exterior visual changes. Will attach appropriate photos if...
  17. jdmsx

Ibiza 6j speaker wire adapters

Just wondering if anyone has upgraded the front speakers on their 6j and could give me any advice. My speakers came with ibiza 6L wire adapters which are obviously wrong and I can’t seem to find any direct plug and play options for the 6j. What have people done to overcome this? I’m assuming its...
  18. jdmsx

Mk5 Ibiza 6j 2.0tdi FR

Hey everyone, been a member on the site since I picked up my Ibiza just around a year ago and never thought to create a thread until now. Seeing as though the 2.0tdi ibizas are a dying breed, I thought I’d see if I could find some other owners or people interested in them. Few modifications...
  19. jdmsx

2.0tdi engine shudder problem

Hey guys, got a small annoyance which keeps occurring recently. It’s a hit and miss when it happens, but on my 2.0tdi it sometimes doesn’t turn off in a smooth manner and sounds quite heavy and very sudden, while other times it sounds gradual and gentle while cutting the ignition. Don’t really...
  20. jdmsx

2.0tdi engine shudder problem

Hey guys, got a small annoyance which keeps occurring recently. It’s a hit and miss when it happens, but on my 2.0tdi it sometimes doesn’t turn off in a smooth manner and sounds quite heavy and very sudden, while other times it sounds gradual and gentle while cutting the ignition. Don’t really...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.