Search results

1. Wing Mirror Information

Just before Christmas, a kid got kicked out of the pub down the road for underaged drinking, and on his stagger home - he decided to liberate all of the cars of their mirrors as he went, mine included. He stood and booted it for about 3 minutes (some old guy down the road watched the whole...
  2. Clutch Slip?

Yeah I notice it only slightly but if I drive the car properly it isn't an issue. Booting it from 2k revs in 6th up a hill for example will encourage it, but when driving in the proper gears in the proper rev ranges and my clutch grips perfectly well :) You can recognise it from the Rev needle...
  3. Car gone Pop :(

Fixed! Took about an hour to get the bumper off because of some awkwardly positioned screws and a car that's just too low - but once off, headlight came out in seconds - cleaned the pipe up and fitted the new one. Clips back on, headlight in and bumper on in about 10 minutes. I'm going to take...
  4. A poley cupra! :-( I could cry!

At least you know it will be fixed, and you'll have a new gearbox/clutch to play with :) Chin up!
  5. Car gone Pop :(

I'm mechanically retarded though, so 2 or 3 days will be a good time to go for
  6. Car gone Pop :(

Cheers Muddyboots, very detailed instructions. Hopefully it will be as simple as it sounds!
  7. Car gone Pop :(

I got a lift to the dealership last night, no pipe in stock - but ordered one, and should be here on wednesday. Also picked up some engine oil to top up with, although I'm sure what he gave me isn't right - I remember needing specific PD oil when I last serviced, something like 505.50, but...
  8. Car gone Pop :(

Cheers Mikey, thanks for the info
  9. Car gone Pop :(

The right angled pipe had popped out at the bottom end (where it goes into the intercooler?) The little lugs that the clip is supposed to keep in place have been worn off, so the pipe just slides in and out freely, despite the clip being on or not. I tried cable tying the pipe in place as...
  10. Car gone Pop :(

Excellent cheers, I'll see if I can get the back of the light off and have a look at where it plugs in. I think the pipe will need replacing, it looks ****ed in the light. Only problem is, nearest seat/skoda or audi dealer is 35miles away - and i don't fancy limping all that way!
  11. Car gone Pop :(

Ok picture time, very dark - but best I could do :P There is a fairly wide pipe actually rubbing against the spinny wheel thing that has a belt on it, i think from the alternator. The pipe is getting worn down, tried to see what it's attatched to - but its not! just loose somewhere under the...
  12. Car gone Pop :(

Ah right cool. Im dying to get out and have a look now, just to put my mind at rest, is it somewhere easily visible with a torch?
  13. Car gone Pop :(

Yup, sounds about right what happened. Thing that made me thing exhaust was the blowing sound, but could a blown cooler pipe have the same effect?
  14. Car gone Pop :(

My Search Syntax Skills suck. Any info that I could take with me with a torch and go look at now?
  15. Car gone Pop :(

Car gone pop - but now fixed I'm currently (not) driving an 04 FR TDi with 40k on the clocks and a rather "tame" remap - to give my clutch a nice easy time. Was driving out tonight on a nice quiet windy road, not being stupid but giving it a little bit of stick, slowed down as the road came...
  16. Rear Wheel Spacers Causing Trouble

Ok, its absolutely pissing it down now. Will have to jack it up tomorrow, spin the wheels around manually and see if I can pinpoint anything. How do I get the rear pads off to inspect them, and what is the sign of a knackered pad - will it be obvious? Cheers
  17. Rear Wheel Spacers Causing Trouble

Not yet, thats the next test after it stops raining :whistle:
  18. Rear Wheel Spacers Causing Trouble

I recently purchased some 15mm "Hubcentric" rear spacers for my car, however since fitting them I'm getting all sorts of noises coming from the rear of the car. Really loud squeeling when I reverse A real Gentle knocking coming from the rear Sounds like something is catching on one...
  19. Clonking Suspension

Anti Roll Bar Mine need replacing every 6 months ago, lowered suspension seems to be ****ing up the balljoints on them :( My seatbelt holder also rattles, along with pretty much everything else in the car
  20. Tidy up a wee bit?

This forum is great, lots of very useful info and members, however it just seems so awkwardly laid out! When scrolling down the page I lose count at 50 different forums, when many of them could be boxed away easily in "sub forums". It makes things very hard to find, especially for new...