Search results

1. thebrief1979

Cupra 280/290 calipers

I paid about the same
  2. thebrief1979

Cupra 280/290 calipers

When I say it was a straight swap - it is on a 184 (diesel) fr brake lines - always use main dealer sounds like new discs and pads are all you need to fix your problems- certainly wouldn’t go to the expense of a full upgrade I run 220bhp and it’s all country lanes (and I drive them like I am...
  3. thebrief1979

Cupra 280/290 calipers

worth the upgrade - depends how much power you have - if stock then no. Visually it makes it look amazing- so yes just to clarify- it’s just the rear brake lines that need changing but it’s all a straight swap
  4. thebrief1979

Cupra 280/290 calipers

It all fitted without problems- you will need the brake system bled on the computer (vcds) as it is can’t be done the old fashioned way. As far as I aware all the other stuff eg servos are the same as the Cupra now it stops like you have dropped an anchor I would get new discs and pads all...
  5. thebrief1979

Not a Cupra, Now a Leon FR ST Black Edition

I have the 184st fr - fantastic engine - it’s a 6speed dsg- they didn’t do a black as such when I got mine but it was an ex demo with all options available- but that still wasn’t enough so I added some cupra magic
  6. thebrief1979

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Cupra spoiler and side skirts fitted today- needs a wash though
  7. thebrief1979

Panoramic roof rattling

To be honest I have no idea- I looked all over and I cannot find them - there are 4 in total - I took it into the main dealer 3 times before I got it totally sorted - at first SEAT main dealer could only find 2 then they found a third- i told them to look harder as it made sense there would be...
  8. thebrief1979

FR seat creaking

Mine was recalled by the dealership and it seems they put felt pads round the plastic base to stop it creaking. I can only assume it’s a known issue as I didn’t complain about a creaking seat ( no pies) but they did it anyway
  9. thebrief1979

Aftermarket Spoiler

Stick with the one you have - it looks like it’s easier to mount than the cupra one. I have an fr st and there really isn’t much choice out there. Hell of a difference in price too- £407!!!! Unpainted- I recon once I have it painted and fitted it will be close to £600!!
  10. thebrief1979

Panoramic roof rattling

I have had the same problem on and off for the last 5 years. It goes into the dealership twice a year and they basically tighten all the screws up - it comes back 6 months later. I have ocd so you can imagine what the rattling does after 30 miles on A roads. Whilst we talking panoramic roofs...
  11. thebrief1979

Aftermarket Spoiler

I bought an original Cupra one from SEAT - they told me the same They said they have screwed a few up - said better to get it painted and fitted at a body shop
  12. thebrief1979

Rear Brakes Again

However if you have a manual handbrake then I have always changed both the discs and pads on both sides then pump them
  13. thebrief1979

Rear Brakes Again

Shouldn’t need to bleed the brakes if it’s a disk and pad change If it’s a manual handbrake then rewind tool - if not the it’s a vagcom tool
  14. thebrief1979

Seat Leon X-perience too much wheel spin and DSG hesitation

Cheap tyres are a possibility? Also I am not that sure launch control eliminates wheel spin totally?? My 184 is 2wd but I can sometimes get off from a standstill quicker without launch control. But I agree you shouldn’t get a lot of wheel spin in a 4x4
  15. thebrief1979

Brake discs for FR 184

From memory they are 272 solid disks Fronts are definitely 312 x 25 vented
  16. thebrief1979

£85 plus VAT

I must say - totally miffed here - why would anyone concerned for their own safety not buy a new tyre if ur being told it’s not safe As for £85 per tyre- it’s all relative and I appreciate all on here have different spending priorities/ commitments and affordability but in my mind that is...
  17. thebrief1979

Leon ST with different alloys

I might consider selling these though
  18. thebrief1979

Leon ST with different alloys

I have these on currently
  19. thebrief1979

Dtuk 3+ settings

Thanks all - as you can see - I thought you programmed the 3 sensors separately (fuel, boost and cam) this would have given way too many variables- thanks again
  20. thebrief1979

Dtuk 3+ settings

Or having read what I wrote again - exactly what you said
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.