Search results

1. Leon Cupra vs. Golf R vs. Audi S3 - sound

Makes such a difference doesn't it. With the additional pops and bangs they coded into the map for the 290s and 300s you've got yourself quite a raucous little exhaust there [emoji108] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Leon Cupra vs. Golf R vs. Audi S3 - sound

Yeah think so. Can't upload direct here, I tried Photobucket but it was just awkward so I went for YouTube. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Leon Cupra vs. Golf R vs. Audi S3 - sound

Makes such a difference doesn't it. Be good to hear it if you can get a vid posted mate. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Leon Cupra vs. Golf R vs. Audi S3 - sound

280 ST with front silencer removed: https://youtu.be/S2LMA3gUzbI Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Leon Cupra vs. Golf R vs. Audi S3 - sound

I'd definitely recommend it mate. Won't cost much (under £100) and proper livens up the exhaust note. You could easily do it yourself if you're a half decent welder. Plus the 290s have more cracks and pops as standard so you should have some proper popcorn on the overrun [emoji41] Importantly...
  6. Leon Cupra vs. Golf R vs. Audi S3 - sound

The stock ST 280s are actually pretty quiet, a little too quiet imo. Removing the front silencer was absolutely perfect for me. Adds a noticeable rasp when you're on it but doesn't drone at all at a cruise. Anything under about 1/4 throttle it hardly makes any noise at all in the cabin. If...
  7. Leon Cupra vs. Golf R vs. Audi S3 - sound

So do you have to get an ECU map and a separate DSG map too? That's a grand on a remap. Ouch. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Leon Cupra vs. Golf R vs. Audi S3 - sound

Meaty. Don't suppose you stuck it on a dyno before the map? Just keen to know what the 280s actually put out stock. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. Leon Cupra vs. Golf R vs. Audi S3 - sound

Who did you choose for the remap? Last time I checked Revo didn't do the DSG, only APR or indie. Also I don't suppose you have before and after numbers? Heard of people mapping 280s and doing a before and after - stock being over 300 brake. Interesting on a 276BHP car... Heard 350+ is easily...
  10. Leon Cupra vs. Golf R vs. Audi S3 - sound

I would have thought your insurer would need to be made aware of any modifications to the car. Pretty unlikely your premium would rise by much if at all for removing a silencer though. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Leon Cupra vs. Golf R vs. Audi S3 - sound

That may well be the case, but a stage 1 Cupra would be hard to keep up with in most situations on the public roads thanks to its front diff. A slightly greasy road and you'd need some serious cojones to keep up if you were in the Beemer. In any case, deleting one of the silencers from the...
  12. Leon Cupra vs. Golf R vs. Audi S3 - sound

You can't beat a six can you [emoji108]It's a shame turbos rob so much purity from the sound though. Very nearly got a MK5 Golf R32 a few years ago, purely for the engine/exhaust note. Bailed out at the last minute and went for a MK6 GTI but kinda wish I'd taken the plunge. Probably missed my...
  13. Leon Cupra vs. Golf R vs. Audi S3 - sound

Just dashed a quick YouTube vid up. Audio only, headphones recommended blah blah blah. Cold start and a few cheeky revs with DSG rev limiter. And before you tell me off yes I know it's not particularly sensible to rev from cold but hey, life's short https://youtu.be/S2LMA3gUzbI Sent from...
  14. Leon Cupra vs. Golf R vs. Audi S3 - sound

[emoji23][emoji106] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. Leon Cupra vs. Golf R vs. Audi S3 - sound

Place called Longlife in Stockport. They did a great job and customer service was bob on. Did cost £100 though and to be honest I reckon you could get it done cheaper elsewhere. Trust these guys though so happy to pay the extra. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. Leon Cupra vs. Golf R vs. Audi S3 - sound

From what I've heard yeah, much more similar to the 290 than the stock 280. Mate of mine said it sounded like an A45 t'other day. Will have to try and get a video up on YouTube or something as I can't post videos on here [emoji53] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. Leon Cupra vs. Golf R vs. Audi S3 - sound

Don't forget a Leon ST Cupra with one of the silencers deleted [emoji6][emoji23] The rasp sounds closer to a six than a four imho. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. Leon Cupra vs. Golf R vs. Audi S3 - sound

While I completely agree with all of that, what you've just said is a bit like popping into a Mc Donald's, ordering a Big Mac and telling the person in the queue next to you that you prefer a good fillet steak [emoji23] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. Leon Cupra vs. Golf R vs. Audi S3 - sound

Oh and if you want to hear the pops and crackles on the overrun the engine needs to be in Cupra and the gearbox in S. For DSG at any rate. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. Leon Cupra vs. Golf R vs. Audi S3 - sound

No the cats are still there and it's not actually that much louder so will pass emissions and noise regs. I ran a non-resonated 3" cat-back on a MK6 GTI which was much louder and that passed MOT fine. Long as you don't remove the cats you'll have no issues, unless you removed al silencers...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.