Search results

1. LouG

New CUPRA ATECA Limited Edition prices and specs with ABT Pack option

Why so expensive over there? You're paying $NZ88,000 for an LE with the Akrapovic system, mine was listed at $78900 plus ORC and I got 3 years interest free finance and a free towbar. That's the equivalent of $7000 off list. All 5 we got were sold in a couple of weeks, I grabbed the last one.
  2. LouG

abt tuning

Kiwi owners, here's the Australasian AbT Sportline agent. But stage 1 is $AU3600 plus freight. You can do the install yourself if you know one end of a tool from the other. Scuderia AutoArt Unit 2,39 Hotham parade Artarmon NSW 2064 Australia T: +612 9114 6886 E...
  3. LouG

Cupra R ABT issues

Really? Over 300 on SEAT's engine dyno? You don't seem to understand that all dynos differ from day to day. Even run to run. If you had real experience in the motor trade you'd know this. Instead of getting sucked into internet wisdom. I find not taking vehicle mods seriously can result in...
  4. LouG

Back in a cupra

Mystery Blue marks you as a person of remarkable taste and discernment. Well done.
  5. LouG

How do I find what my tyre pressure should be?

The tyre plaque is very clear. The figures below the front or rear wheels on the picture are the ones you apply to those wheels. Get a decent tyre gauge and go by that, don't rely on gas station gauges. Use manufacturers pressures, they developed the car.
  6. LouG

Cupra R ABT issues

A standard Cupra will not make 300 hp when running on 95 (as allowed by VAG), the ECU is protecting the engine on the lower octane fuel. Would you return your car in this situation? Many people on here simply to not understand that vehicle manufacturers always have to consider litigation if they...
  7. LouG

Remapping

So every single clutch on Cupras has failed? I doubt it. My point is that some people have mechanical sympathy and driving skill, many don't and kill their cars.
  8. LouG

Full Link constant disconnections

I'd be careful cleaning the port with a pin. I nearly stuffed up my radar detector doing that. An aerosol air duster is much safer.
  9. LouG

Cupra R ABT issues

Well, the standard car is capable of far more than 300hp, but that's what they give you. One of the reasons being that they are considering car durability. The car is not marketed as a track day special, if that's what you want, do it at your discretion with whatever upgrades you want without...
  10. LouG

Maybe an end in sight for Kangaroo jerking...

Same here. The SEAT dealer will only apply updates if a problem is reported by the customer. This doesn't apply to nav system updates, there are three free yearly ones. Factory recalls are done as a matter of course. Mine's getting the indicator fix his week.
  11. LouG

Cupra R ABT issues

It depends on which temp sensor they are working from. I'll order the ABT option on my next Cupra as long as it's under $NZ2k mainly because it carries a SEAT backed warranty. I'm not that keen on other systems unless I can get it custom mapped and that is starting to get expensive. Besides, our...
  12. LouG

Leon Cupra 2016 paddle shifter is not working well

Disconnect the battery.
  13. LouG

Remapping

It's not a given that your clutch will die. You might not be as hamfisted (footed) as some people. Why not try and see?
  14. LouG

Full Link constant disconnections

Mine has been stable on my P20 Pro and in the last few months my P30 Pro. It seems very cable sensitive, I'm using U Green cables from aliexpress and they seem consistent. I haven't tried it since the last AA update, so fingers crossed for tonights road trip. The OP could try a head unit reset...
  15. LouG

Cupra R ABT issues

The tests I've seen show around a half second improvement in 0 - 60 times. Unless you're in a very hot climate, or race your car often, that's OK by me.
  16. LouG

Cupra R ABT issues

I said engine dynos, querying your statement that you did not get wheel hp.
  17. LouG

Cupra R ABT issues

You took the car to two engine dyno shops?
  18. LouG

Cupra R ABT issues

Do you know what temps the ABT is measuring? You may be able to trick the sensor.
  19. LouG

Cupra R ABT issues

Yes, inertial dynos. But they are subject to forces that a proper engine dyno isn't, tyre slippage, alignment of the car on the rollers, etc. Hub dynos are a bit better in that regard.
  20. LouG

MK3 Leon driving position

I'm glad my fuel tank doesn't have to be nearly full before my car will give it's best performance.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.