Search results

1. ayrshiredude

Yet another issue

SO had to get the Turbo Actuator fixed a couple of weeks ago, when I got the car back I noticed a knocking noise that seemed to be coming from the fron offside. Anyway took it in the other day and they have had to replace the Dop link. They said it was nothing to do with the Last problem but...
  2. ayrshiredude

New/Updated Model?

Any idea if there is an updated model of the Ibiza due out? I mean as in updated specs?
  3. ayrshiredude

Features on FR Sport

So the lease on my 2017 FR is up towards the end of the year so am looking about to see what to change it for. Was thinking about the FR Sport but surprised that features you can get in the Excellence model i.e. Keyless start and reversing camera don't seem to be even avaliable on the FR. Why...
  4. ayrshiredude

EPC Error

So like many of us my car has been sitting idle, apart for going shopping, in the driveway pretty much for the past 2 and a half months. I noticed recently there was an EPC error light on the dash and was getting a Stop Start error message when starting the car. I have noticed the past couple...
  5. ayrshiredude

USB Ports

So there are the 2 obvious USB ports in the centre console but are there any other, hidden, ports that I can connect a USP drive to?
  6. ayrshiredude

Issue with Android Auto

So recently when trying to send messages via Whats app I keep getting a message saying the network connection is not strong enough at the moment. Internet is fine full 4G. I receive messages ok only sending. Can send ok using the phone (galaxy S10) its only via android auto. I've tried...
  7. ayrshiredude

Rear Wiper Blade

Does anyone know what size I need? The manual doesn't tell you
  8. ayrshiredude

New FR Sport

Just wondering if a new FR sport would be any quieter inside than the earlier models (67). I find there is a lot of road noise but also a lot of noise from the suspention. Does anyone know? Thanks
  9. ayrshiredude

Winter is here.

So winter seems to have hit with vengence up here in Scotland. Its been very wet the past few weeks. So I am back to my windscreen fogging up anytime it's raining. I have tried cleaning the windscreen (using a magic eraser sponge then drying it off and finishing with microfibre cloth) then...
  10. ayrshiredude

Small LED below aircon unit

Not sure of all the models have this but on the FR there is a small white led in the middle below the Air Con unit that shines down onto the "phone" tray. Its part of the ambient lighting. I have already replaced the footwell led units to red ones bit can this one be changed? I can't really...
  11. ayrshiredude

Wheels

Can anyone tell me, in real terms, the difference between 17 and 18 inch wheels on the FR? Whats the difference in ride quality and road noise? Thanks
  12. ayrshiredude

Windscreen Washer Jets

Is there a way oo adjust the front windscreen washer jets? The driver side seems pretty high and when the wipers wipe it seems ot miss the bottom corner of the windscreen which I find annoying. Thanks
  13. ayrshiredude

Removing Black Fog Light Trim

Hi, Can anyone tell me how to remove the Black trim around the front fog lights on the FR? There is a hole but can't see how to remove it and the manual doesn't really help. Thanks
  14. ayrshiredude

Help!!!

So I drove to work this morning and everything was ok. Got into the car this evening to come home and got a warning message on the dash and the cruise control isn't working (see attached images) When I got home I plugged my Carista OBD in and did a diagnostic and got the fault codes on the...
  15. ayrshiredude

New seatbelt recall letter

So I had my car in at the dealers a couple of months ago for the rear seat belt recall fix. However I had another letter the other day saying this is basically usless and not to use the middle seat until a better fix is avaliable. They even include a sticker that your meant to arratch to your...
  16. ayrshiredude

Latest Issue

So the past few days the weather has been lovely however in the morning going to work or coming home in the evening, while its still nice, its not as warm. I have the blower set to the face level vents and set the fan to 1 and the aircon off. However randomly both the air con and the...
  17. ayrshiredude

Touch up Paint

I need to touch up a few stone chips, My car is the mystery blue but whenever I search for it it keeps coming up as Seat Leon mystery blue W5l. Any ideas if this is the same as the Ibiza? Thanks
  18. ayrshiredude

Wiper Blades

Have found the standard fit wiper blades to be pretty attrocious, they leave lots of lines and streaks, Have tried cleaning them to no avail. Going to purchase a new set of something better but, yet again, the manual doesn't tell you the size needed. Anyone got any idea? thanks
  19. ayrshiredude

Help with tyre pressures

Trying to check my tyre pressures and doesn't seem very simple. Checked the sticker in the Passenger door frame and there are 3 symbols 2 seem to be exactly the same but one of them has a lower case i next to it, they both give different pressures. Looked through the manual and nothing I can...
  20. ayrshiredude

Changing Features through OBD

Hi I have a new Ibiza and wondering if there is anyone in Ayrshire who has the equipment and is willing to help me change my Mirror folding options through OBD? Thanks
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members