Search results

1. 1.6 CR (CAYC) Turbo Removal

This will be covered by whoever does the map, it will have to be live mapped but mine comes in around 1250 and heads off to over 3k now
  2. 1.6 CR (CAYC) Turbo Removal

Nope, just the drive shaft and DPF. Probably an awful lot easier to get at it all by taking the subframe out, but you have to weigh up the time spent removing the subframe vs time spent in a smaller space
  3. 1.6 CR (CAYC) Turbo Removal

I had a Borgwarner turbo so when fitting the GT, it came with the turbo/oil stand pipe and the oil return pipe (pictured)
  4. 312mm brake upgrade - a warning

I stuck with dealer supplied discs and pads which were £150 total after discount. Discs were ATE branded. You're right in that there are far more options for 312mm (including the OEM APRacing option). The 310mm is a weird beast. It's like the forgotten child of SEAT. There are practically no...
  5. 312mm brake upgrade - a warning

Got some more info for you - (popped into the local dealers today). Official SEAT SPORT 312mm Calipers from APRacing are basically out of the question because they bolt directly to the hub (which is completely different to the 288mm variants). There was no 312mm option for SEAT (other than the...
  6. 312mm brake upgrade - a warning

You can grab a 288 to 310mm carrier (which is what i linked to above) and use your normal caliper and pads and just get 310mm discs if you like. If you want everything red, you'd obviously need the caliper too. What I meant earlier was, the actual kit from Audi/Seat, etc is APRacing. It was...
  7. 1.6 CR (CAYC) Turbo Removal

I went for the GTC1552vz hybrid (slightly larger compressor 52mm instead of 49mm). It's absolutely transformed the car.
  8. 312mm brake upgrade - a warning

I've done a bit more digging today. The part in that link is 6R0615125B (B for red) which is both 288/310mm defo (I messaged them and they confirmed). Earlier in the thread, there is talk of 8X0615125A (change A to B on the end for red) which is the 310mm bracket for Audi/VW, however, that makes...
  9. 1.6 CR (CAYC) Turbo Removal

Sadly not, you just can't get enough access to the manifold let alone the bolts (some of which are blind). All I did was unscrew the DPF clamp (from top of engine), remove the bracket from the rear of engine that holds the DPF up (couple of bolts) and removed the drive shaft so that the DPF...
  10. 312mm brake upgrade - a warning

I didn't look beyond the fact it was a new carrier. I guess at that point, you've already got to buy a new caliper, pads and discs so a carrier isn't too much more but I suspect the hubs are different. Lastly, don't forget you'd need at least 16" alloys to fit 312mm discs. The second link (red...
  11. 312mm brake upgrade - a warning

I did, but I had to go to my friendly dealer as I couldn't find anything that matched (or results) on the ECP or the like. The discs and pads went straight in. I can't say that 312mm strictly needs a new hub carrier and caliper, but that is certainly what the parts catalogue suggested and I...
  12. 1.6 CR (CAYC) Turbo Removal

I did, I managed it just by disconnecting and dropping the DPF out (the clamp and 3 bolts) and removing the drivers side drive shaft so that the DPF could drop down fully. The rest was actually pretty easy. Running 192bhp now :)
  13. 6J Facelift to Pre-Facelift

Chassis wise, the 6P (facelift) is pretty much the same, Interior or wiring wise, they aren't so the lights will fit, but they might not necessarily work without some modification. The 6J used the PQ platform where as the 6P was mainly MQB and some PQ
  14. Programming new dash clocks, need SKC

Thanks, can you PM me and we'll sort it out?
  15. Programming new dash clocks, need SKC

Hi, I appreciate the response. I'd really like to know how to do this myself if possible but if that's not an option, can I send you the used cluster I have? Thanks
  16. Programming new dash clocks, need SKC

Hi all, I've had a search but keep getting conflicting info. Some of the bulbs on my speedo are dying and I found a replacement cluster online. However, typically, nothing is straight forward. Apparently I need to pull the PIN code from the current cluster and can't use VCDS for that so need...
  17. 312mm brake upgrade - a warning

I'm just in the process of working through this now as I want to upgrade the 288x25 (5x100) discs on my ST as I've had a turbo upgrade. My notes are as follows: 310mm Upgrade There's a 310mmx25 (5x100) disc (6R0 615 301 B) that uses the same carrier as the 288mm version (6R0 615 125 B) the B...
  18. Let's talk about seats baby...

Seats that in you sit in, not the car brand (SEAT) I have an Ibiza ST. The seats are not very comfy. I looked around for some swaps (from say VW or SKODA) but ironically, those brands seem to swap to the IBIZA seats. Would a simple upgrade to some FR Seats help me out?
  19. 1.6 CR (CAYC) Turbo Removal

What can I say, I'm a cheap skate and whilst I could pay for some of the online repair manuals, hoping I get the right information, I thought I would ask here: I need to remove the turbo from the 1.6 TDI CR 105 (CAYC) engine. Hoping someone can point me to a guide. In either case, what it...
  20. Ibiza mk5 interior door handle removal

Took me about an hour to do, door card off jobbie.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members