Search results

1. Headlight auto-range warning

I believe it works off a sensor in the suspension. Mine used to do it occasionally, when I'd hit a bump such as a speed hump. However, mine got more frequent and I had it fixed under warranty, it's been fine since. If it's just a one off it'll be fine. My tyre pressure sensors sometimes go off...
  2. Exeo rear amplifier connections/pinout?

I can't help you but I would be very interested to know how you get on. I've got a sub and bose amp, but haven't been able to work out what I'm doing with them. Having had them a year, they'll probably end up back on ebay!
  3. Exeo Windscreens

50,000 miles and not a problem, and my screen has been hit a few times with stones and what not.
  4. 170 owners MPG, what you getting? Throttle issues?

Smaller engine, more than likely taller gearing and the Toledo is a much lighter car too, by 300kg, which makes all the difference.
  5. 170 owners MPG, what you getting? Throttle issues?

If you search around 45 mpg is on the money. 55 is possible, if you short shift up to 6th as fast as possible and pootle around, but don't be surprised if you drop under 40mpg. My trip 2 normally says 48mpg. However, I would recommend you don't trust it and calculate it yourself between refills...
  6. Audio upgrade advice please.

I would upgrade the amp first, then decide if you need better speakers. The standard amp only powers the rear speakers, unless you have the bose upgrade (and hence a better amp) which also powers the sub. It's the amp that is poor. I have a bose amp and sub, but I've never fit them as I don't...
  7. Battery problem

No need to worry about locking/unlocking the car with a flat battery. If you put your key into the barrel lock (which you may not have done for some years) the mechanism will lift the lock, but the central locking probably won't work if it's very low.
  8. What next...?

I've heard about fuel pump issues on early cars, but what is an electrolyte problem?
  9. What next...?

I'm approaching 3 years ownership, and whilst I'm still happy, I'm starting to get itchy feet and I'm looking around at other cars. Just wondered what you folk would move to next? I've never bought new, (the Exeo was my newest car at 1 year old) and I've gone through a lot of options, such as...
  10. Exeo - Leon FR brakes

Can't answer your question directly, but I can tell you that if you have a 140 TDI, then the 170 TDI brakes are bigger. If you want to upgrade to bigger brakes than this, I would recommend the A4 discs and calipers from the A4 3.2 V6 as they are bigger still - and would fit.
  11. Vibration on take-up when engine cold

Mine's the same and it's not something that inspires confidence when pulling away.
  12. How to identify 170bhp version of the Exeo?

My exhaust trim looks more like brushed aluminium than chrome, or to put it another way, rough, dull looking chrome.
  13. 50k up....

Having just hit passed 40k miles, I'd agree with all of that. I don't have any creaks though, except for the parcel shelf, which I've never bothered to fix. I got my remap last summer, taking me to an alledged 210 bhp. It's definately been worth it, but it makes for tricky progress in the wet...
  14. New car

No, just had mine serviced and that was never mentioned. I'd have to check the book, but I suspect I'll need another service by September.
  15. New car

According to this, nothing... I'd just check everything works http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/seat/exeo-2009/?section=bad I haven't lowered mine, the suspension is harsh enough!
  16. New car

You'll be fine. I have an SE Lux that's just covered 40k, from Sept 2009 and it's no trouble at all, even with a remap.
  17. New car 1st oil burner :)

Is it worth getting done, I'd say definitely. However, it's now possible to get the traction control light to flicker in 4th if it's wet and you're coming off a roundabout! Mpg seems about the same, but the computer reads about 5 mpg optimistic. Depends how you drive it, of course. Mine as...
  18. New car 1st oil burner :)

It is what it is, the old shape A4 with the new engines. The engines are good, although I've had my re-mapped as I thought it was a bit flat compared to my last car - the Exeo is heavier though. If I'm honest I find the ride uncomfortable, which is the compromise for better handling, but the...
  19. New car 1st oil burner :)

I find people are aware of the Seat brand, but it's rare that anyone knows what an Exeo is and I always end up having to explain it's a Seat A4, which isn't cool. On the plus side, I barely see one a week so it's quite a rare sight. If I could afford an Audi I'd have bought one, but I feel I've...
  20. Not off to a good start

...because it's a heavier car. Compared to most of the people who have commented so far I've owned my Exeo for 2.5 years and I can tell you that 44mpg average is about right for a 170. It's possible to get into the mid 50's, but as already mentioned, it depends upon a whole host of factors...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.