Search results

1. Smeghead

Hard Wiring points?

thanks all really looking for an ignition on source and a permanent one. Want it for a radar detector and a dashcam. ta :)
  2. Smeghead

Hard Wiring points?

Hi all Got a couple of things i want to hard wire into my 5f. On my old golf (2000 model) there were some "bolt" points for electrical connections under the steering wheel, so was as simple as crimping a ring connector and attaching. Is there something similar in the 5f ? It's a 2017 FR 2.0 TDi...
  3. Smeghead

Turbo back & hi flow cat stainless exhaust? - 2l tdi 184

Hi Car is out of warranty in september, and i'm planning out the mods i want to do to it. one of the first (pre remap) mods i want to do is a stainless hi flow exhaust & cat (i plan to upgrade the turbo & manifold later). as i haven't looked at hi flow exhausts for about 8 years, i'm well out of...
  4. Smeghead

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

done a slight "tweak" to the matt wheel nut covers. having "borrowed" the other half's hairdryer i popped some gloss black reflective tape on them. subtle mod, but quite like the outcome. thoughts ?? https://imgur.com/In6MnPV https://imgur.com/izuvM0D
  5. Smeghead

DTUK Settings

not got a dtuk box, but seriously considering one. would bump the power of my 184 to 240(ish) ps and the torque to 500(ish)! keep us posted on your experiences please ;)
  6. Smeghead

FR184 or Focus ST diesel?

looked at the focus st before getting my leon fr 184. to me, the centre console of the focus was way too big and i really didnt like the black headlining in the focus. "felt" far too cramped. but at the end of the day it all comes down to personal preference. what's right for me, may not be...
  7. Smeghead

Eco, Normal and Sport Mode power? 184ps tdi

ah! that would explain it! thanks :)
  8. Smeghead

thanks. bit odd though, as it seems to have much more power in sport mode than in eco mode. pulled onto a dual carriageway with sport mode on (rather than eco) and the car nearly left without me!
  9. Smeghead

afaik it has. going to try turning it off this weekend.
  10. Smeghead

Hi all just wondering what the driving "modes" do in terms of power? obv. the sport will give it the full 184ps but what about normal and eco? 150ish and 120ish??
  11. Smeghead

downloading default mapping? how?

thanks. had a trial version of mpps i think but uninstalled it and dunno what i did with the files. what else would do the job please ?
  12. Smeghead

apologies, i meant the engine mapping rather than the sat nav mapping. my bad. :whistle:
  13. Smeghead

Hi all got the vcds and hex-can adapter from ross-tech that i used with my old mk4 gold and i'd like to download and save (not tweak - yet!) the original factory mapping of my mk3 leon fr 184. can this be done with what i have? if so, how? (really a noob at this! soz!) if not, what do i need...
  14. Smeghead

undercoating (protecting underneath) ?

good point, well put! thanks ;)
  15. Smeghead

undercoating (protecting underneath) ?

Hi all got my (almost) new mk3 leon fr 184 on 8th jan and i plan to keep it for at least 10 years. my mk4 golf (2002) was a great car, but as with all cars, it suffered a little with rust. would adding some undercoating underneath my car (e.g. rustoleum) be of any benefit to the car ? many...
  16. Smeghead

Painting calipers ?

thanks for the replies. always wanted to paint the calipers on my old golf but never did as i thought the paint would peel off with the heat from the brakes.
  17. Smeghead

Painting calipers ?

Hi all took delivery of this beauty on monday (8th jan) :D [/IMG] Looking at it (bit hard in the photo i know) but the calipers are silver-ish. given that the wheels are gloss black, and the car is blue, probably the 1st thing i am going to do is either paint the calipers gloss black or try...
  18. Smeghead

1st mod (184 TDI manual) ?

nice! will have to find the ross-tech dongle etc. i had for my old golf.
  19. Smeghead

1st mod (184 TDI manual) ?

wow! didn't realise there was that much you could do via the obd2 port! will have to look into that :D many thanks
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.