Search results

1. Kempo

Keep the diesel or opt for a petrol?

The 2-cylinder (eco) mode can generally be when the engine is not under load and yes at motorway speeds and above it can kick in. But if you accelerate it goes off. It can be interesting trying to keep it on and feather the throttle to get tiny acceleration. I find a big difference in economy...
  2. Kempo

Keep the diesel or opt for a petrol?

I have the 2015 1.4 TSI and it averages just under 40mpg. I only do about 8000 miles a year so for me it is fine and £20 road tax is awesome. I do miss a bit of the torque I had before and that diesels provide and imagine your 184 diesel is actually a lot quicker than the 150bhp petrol. Saying...
  3. Kempo

Mk3 Leon MPG - 2.0L / 1.4TSI

My 1.4 TSI ACT 2015 is averaging around 37mpg for daily drive which is small journeys of mixed rush hour commute. On longer trips I have had low 40s but no better and never into 50s. Normally get 400-430 miles from a tank.
  4. Kempo

Gas bonnet strut kit for the mk3

I’d be interested too, Mk3 2015 FR. Will look out for your details.
  5. Kempo

LED DRL / sidelight flickering and flashing

I think most insurance repairs should be guaranteed for 12 months so if a faulty unit or fitting you’ll get it fixed without problem.
  6. Kempo

Mtec brakes advice

I had Mtec discs and pads on my Impreza WRXS for a short while but they were so noisy I couldn’t wait to take them off! Abused them for a few months to feel I’d got some value and then went to EBC which were great.
  7. Kempo

Windscreen Wipers

Check the sizes carefully - I got some from Eurocarparts, using my reg number to filter the “correct” ones and chose Bosch but realised after fitting that the drivers was 24” not 26”. Was very annoyed but couldn’t be bothered to take it back. It’s only an inch either side but the swept area is...
  8. Kempo

1.4 & 1.8FR long term review

Great review of the 2 cars and your experience of the 1.4 matches with my view as I think it’s a great engine too. I didn’t realise they did a 1.8 petrol still as I thought it had all gone to smaller engines or the Cupra. Sometimes also wondered if my 1.4 ACT was right choice over a diesel and...
  9. Kempo

FR - Front Fog bulb upgrade

Threads here with pics and details of bulbs etc. https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/fr-fog-lights.394788/page-3
  10. Kempo

OBDeleven modifications

Have tried to enable the mod where the windscreen wipers go into service mode when opening the bonnet. It’s saved ok and have checked / done reset but nothing happens when I pull the bonnet catch or open bonnet. Anyone managed to get this working on Mk3?
  11. Kempo

FR Fog Lights

Yeah, good match. Check out my post #49 in this thread. Cornering function works fine too.
  12. Kempo

FR Fog Lights

These are the ones I fitted. They are direct replacements and a great white colour. Only around £20 per corner so more affordable. http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/cree-leds/fog-light-cree-led-bulbs/h8-cree-led/h8-reflective-cone-led-45w
  13. Kempo

Tyre Pressures

I run the 18s on my FR at around 33-35psi all round and find them to be comfortable with no adverse wear.
  14. Kempo

What tyres did your Leon come with?

I now have the Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2 fitted and I am impressed with them. They are way quieter than the Bridgestones and have good feel and control. There is also a good sidewall protection which should help prevent any scrapes.
  15. Kempo

FR Fog Lights

LED Fog Lights/White Fog Lights Before and after pictures.
  16. Kempo

FR Fog Lights

I managed to change them on an FR without taking bumper off. It is tight on passenger side but possible. My hands are not small but I was able to get in between the wheel arch liner.
  17. Kempo

Advice on tyres

There was a good thread going on tyres... https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/what-tyres-did-your-leon-come-with.445098/page-2 I had the Good Year AS3s and found the sidewalls soft and I wouldn’t get them again now. Either going for the Dunlop or Michelin.
  18. Kempo

What tyres did your Leon come with?

Found the same but if you then click on one of the list of links it goes to the Sport Maxx.
  19. Kempo

buying a Mk3... but which one?!

I bought my 15 plate 1.4 EcoTSI 150bhp 6 months ago, it had 18k miles and cost £12.5k then but came with 1 yr warranty and Seat assistance thrown in. Power wise it is pretty good and does me fine now. I am averaging 38mpg / 420 miles per tank which is lower than a diesel but ok. In Sport mode...
  20. Kempo

Newbie to mk 3 lighting question

That makes sense, cheers.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.