Search results

1. JamieD

1.8 tsi reliability

Hi guys looking for some advice on the 1.8 tsi engine, Has anyone on here had any major problems with there’s? Looking online at some of the common issues, where stretched timing chains and high oil consumption? Car I’m looking at has 44k so just wondering if there was anything I should look out...
  2. JamieD

Child seat in 3 door

Thanks guys for all the replies, we have went and tried out a few different car seats and can see it is going to be a struggle. So I’m going to have a look at a 5 door FR in monsoon grey later today which is a year newer than my current FR with only 17k on the clock and works out £12 per month...
  3. JamieD

Child seat in 3 door

Hi guys looking for some advice, Me and my partner will be expecting our first child towards the end of the year and both of us are looking forward to welcoming the little one. One of the concerns I have is about having to deal with a child seat in a 3 door car. Does anyone on here currently...
  4. JamieD

Creaking clutch pedal

Hi guys, Just noticed today with the warmer weather that the clutch pedal in my car has begging to creak when depressed has anyone else had this? Clutch doesn’t seem to be sticking just a rather annoying noise. Car is a 1.4 tsi with 28k on the clock.
  5. JamieD

1.4 tsi timing belt

Going to be replacing the timing belt at the end of the month on my 1.4 tsi 140, Have been looking around as I will be supplying my own belt kit to the garage that’s fitting it. Is there any particular make that I should go for or avoid? Have seen a Gates timing kit with tensioner and idler for...
  6. JamieD

1.4 tsi oil leak

So in the end it was just the sump plug, the garage had used a copper washer that was a poor fit. So new oil and filter and new sump plug and leak free so far.
  7. JamieD

1.4 tsi oil leak

No service wasn’t done at seat, I went to my local VW garage there as the seat one is quite a bit away and the parts guy gave me the revised sump plug for free, so going to change it and the oil today. How much oil does the 1.4 take as keep seeing online it takes 4 litres and other saying it...
  8. JamieD

1.4 tsi oil leak

Saying that the car has been serviced recently so maybe used the old sump plug? Have you guys got the part number for the revised sump plug?
  9. JamieD

1.4 tsi oil leak

The level was slightly down so just gave it a top up. Has been a never ending list of problems with this car. Couldn’t see anything obvious while looking in the engine bay, so will have to get underneath the car tomorrow.
  10. JamieD

1.4 tsi oil leak

Hi guys, noticed a trail of oil coming from where my car is parked and also when it’s parked at work, Going to have a look tomorrow to see if I can pin point where it’s coming from. Is there any common areas where the 1.4 tsi engines leak from? Cheers
  11. JamieD

Rain/light sensor

All works fine as I live in Scotland so didn’t have to wait long for the rain.
  12. JamieD

Rain/light sensor

All the light functions now work as they did before coming home/leaving home. Not checked the auto wipers yet though need to wait for a rainy day now.
  13. JamieD

Rain/light sensor

New sensor arrived today so have just fitted it and just need to wait for it to turn dark now to see if all the functions work.
  14. JamieD

Rain/light sensor

Saw the ones on eBay cheers mate, so the sensor doesn’t need coding when being replaced?
  15. JamieD

Rain/light sensor

Seat have finally found the intermittent problem with my car, the car has a faulty light sensor. They have quoted me £274 for the pleasure of supplying and fitting the sensor . I have had a look online and can get a new sensor for £60 roughly and doesn’t look to hard to fit. Will I have to have...
  16. JamieD

Disconnecting battery

Had a fault flash up tonight on the dash “ automatic light control” the lights where on and didn’t go off and after a few seconds the warning went away. Car is now booked into seat first thing Monday morning to get looked at.
  17. JamieD

Disconnecting battery

Yeah mines looks like that and the leaving home function looks the same. The lights never worked last night but going out to the car half an hour ago the lights magically came on when I unlocked the car, so I locked the car again and unlocked it and . . . . Nothing . Very annoying
  18. JamieD

Disconnecting battery

Will see if this fixes it later on, if not will give seat a call in the morning to get a price to reset it. And yeah the switch is always in the auto position.
  19. JamieD

Disconnecting battery

I have put the settings back to what they should be so will give it a try later when it’s dark, If this doesn’t work do you think if I took the car to seat they could maybe reset / restore it to factory with their computer?
  20. JamieD

Disconnecting battery

I have enabled needle sweep, folding mirrors and the carbon background on the display. I remember changing the duration of the leaving home lights to 40 seconds from 30 seconds. And then changed it back a few months ago to 30 seconds. Could this be what is wrong with the car?
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise