Search results

1. JamieD

1.8 tsi reliability

Hi guys looking for some advice on the 1.8 tsi engine, Has anyone on here had any major problems with there’s? Looking online at some of the common issues, where stretched timing chains and high oil consumption? Car I’m looking at has 44k so just wondering if there was anything I should look out...
  2. JamieD

Child seat in 3 door

Hi guys looking for some advice, Me and my partner will be expecting our first child towards the end of the year and both of us are looking forward to welcoming the little one. One of the concerns I have is about having to deal with a child seat in a 3 door car. Does anyone on here currently...
  3. JamieD

Creaking clutch pedal

Hi guys, Just noticed today with the warmer weather that the clutch pedal in my car has begging to creak when depressed has anyone else had this? Clutch doesn’t seem to be sticking just a rather annoying noise. Car is a 1.4 tsi with 28k on the clock.
  4. JamieD

1.4 tsi timing belt

Going to be replacing the timing belt at the end of the month on my 1.4 tsi 140, Have been looking around as I will be supplying my own belt kit to the garage that’s fitting it. Is there any particular make that I should go for or avoid? Have seen a Gates timing kit with tensioner and idler for...
  5. JamieD

1.4 tsi oil leak

Hi guys, noticed a trail of oil coming from where my car is parked and also when it’s parked at work, Going to have a look tomorrow to see if I can pin point where it’s coming from. Is there any common areas where the 1.4 tsi engines leak from? Cheers
  6. JamieD

Rain/light sensor

Seat have finally found the intermittent problem with my car, the car has a faulty light sensor. They have quoted me £274 for the pleasure of supplying and fitting the sensor . I have had a look online and can get a new sensor for £60 roughly and doesn’t look to hard to fit. Will I have to have...
  7. JamieD

Disconnecting battery

If I disconnect one terminal on the battery will the battery need coded to the car again?
  8. JamieD

Leaving home lights

Another niggle with my car recently is that the leaving home home lights very seldom come on when unlocking the car at night. The light switch is always set to auto and the coming home lights work fine and the auto lights work fine whilst driving. Any ideas what could be causing this? Sometimes...
  9. JamieD

Noisy fuel pump

Hi guys I have noticed another new problem with the car on occasional start up (warm or cold start) the fuel pump is really noisey, the noise goes away after driving for a few moments. I never let the fuel run empty always have at least a quarter of a tank in it. Car is a 2014 1.4 tsi 140 with...
  10. JamieD

1.4 tsi or 184 dsg

Hi guys, Recently I have changed jobs and doing a lot more miles now so was wondering if it would be wise changing to a diesel. I currently have the 1.4 tsi 140 which is a great little car and is averaging around 42 to 46 mpg on the run to and back from work (depending on traffic) which I think...
  11. JamieD

No hot air

A new problem has appeared with the Leon today. There seems to be no warm/hot air from the vents until the temperature is set above 24 on the climate for both sides of the car. Once the temperature is above 24 there is plenty of heat. There is coolant in the reservoir and the level has not...
  12. JamieD

Advice on tyres

Needing some new tyres for the FR and was looking at the Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetric 3 in 225/40/18. I had the asymetric 2 on my previous car (Astra Gtc) and the sidewalls where very soft and made the car feel very unpredictable and like the wheels where not tightened they didn’t inspire much...
  13. JamieD

Water ingress in boot

Well the saga continues with water getting into the spare wheel area of the boot. Had a phone call from the dealer to say that they can’t get any water to come into the car with just a regular hose but can with a pressure water which is not the case as when it rains water still gets in to the...
  14. JamieD

Water in spare wheel well (Again)

Hi guys the car has been away for a while getting things sorted with it under warranty and one problem was water getting in under the boot carpet to the spare wheel well. Well I have had the car back 3 days now and once again there is water in there again. The garage changed all the rear lights...
  15. JamieD

Water Leak

Hi guys, only had my car for just over a month now and had a few problems with it but the dealership has sorted most of them. I have a FR with sunroof and only a few days into ownership I noticed that there was water under the boot carpet so I soaked it up and after a few heavy rain falls it...
  16. JamieD

Spark Plugs

Hi guys does anyone know the part numbers for the spark plugs for a 2014 1.4 tsi 140?
  17. JamieD

Hello from Scotland

Hi guys, just picked up (new to me) 2014 Leon Fr Sc titanium in Nevada white and panoramic roof. Love the car so far. Need to get some mods done soon.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members