Search results

1. arran

Where is my brake light switch?

Thanks for the quick reply. Im not sure if mine is a 6L. I just know its a 61 plate. I thought i'd try to change the brake switch because i'd read that it is usually the fault when you get an intermittent EPC light due to a failsafe in the electronics of the braking system. Assuming it is a...
  2. arran

Where is my brake light switch?

I got an EPC light and my car went into limp mode. I read that it's likely a brake switch problem, so I've bought a new one but can't locate where it goes. There is absolutely nothing around the pedal. Not a sausage is attached where it would usually be. Any ideas?
  3. arran

ABS / Wheel speed sensor

My abs light comes on after a few seconds of pulling away, usually when I hit between 20-30mph. I'm guessing it's the wheel speed sensor. Before it comes on I can hear and feel the abs crunching when I brake and it sounds like it's one of the front wheels. Is there a way to tell which one it is...
  4. arran

Power steering - please help

I'd love to be able to help but mine just works again. So it has to be a loose connection or some dirty contact somewhere. But I'll never know until it happens again. If it keeps coming back on like mine did then I doubt it's the pump. Everyone I asked said it was the pump and they were wrong in...
  5. arran

Fault code 00447

Over voltage due to some capacitor somewhere maybe
  6. arran

Fault code 00447

All I can find is information for under voltage. I know it's not the same problem but it might be a starting point 00446 - Function Limitation due to Under-Voltage 00446 - Function Limitation due to Under-Voltage: Lower Limit Exceeded Possible Symptoms Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) ON...
  7. arran

Sorry to keep this post up but the issue fixed it's self and worked magically. Then again it went off again after an aggressive stall. And thinking back the day it came back on I stalled too (I know, I'm a relatively new driver). So now I'm pretty sure it's a loose connection. Is the connection...
  8. arran

Thanks a lot, you might have just saved me an expensive cry :D one last thing.. Any idea if this is a job I can do top down if i take the headlights out without jacking the car? And is it self explanatory or is there anywhere i can find instructions. youtube isn't looking very helpful
  9. arran

The fault says that it's attached to the rack though :/ I was thinking it's part of this https://ibb.co/fpmBkx Specifically thought it might be the small black bit on the side of this with the two screws in it https://ibb.co/mO4aCc Anyone know for sure?
  10. arran

appologies for this post, but i need one more post to be able to post links to pictures in the next one :D
  11. arran

New to forum

Welcome :)
  12. arran

Update on the issue :) I managed to get a code out of it and this is the information I got from the code 01309 - Power Steering Control Module (J500): No Communication Possible Symptoms Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) active Power Steering not working Possible Causes Wiring/Connectors...
  13. arran

The car is 2011 and I don't know how old the battery is. I got the car in November last year. I've just had a halfords battery test and the blokey says there's no issue with the battery. The mechanic said he doesn't think it would be the pump since it does come on sometimes and once on remains...
  14. arran

Odd Power Steering Issue

Also which fuse is it? I'll have to check mine
  15. arran

Odd Power Steering Issue

I have a thread open here a few below yours with quite a few replies on the exact same issue. Might be worth a look
  16. arran

I took it to a garage yesterday but just got a call today saying he couldnt connect his code reader to it for whatever reason. I'll try to look at the battery voltage during cranking tonight when I get it back. An update on the fault though is that the PS seems to start around half an hour into...
  17. arran

It's since become permeant. :(
  18. arran

The 70 mile journey yesterday should have been a good enough trickle charger I think. The car is a 1.4 petrol. And excuse my naivity but what's cranking?
  19. arran

If it is the battery is there a sure way to know without buying a new one? I've checked voltages and they seem okay at 12.1v off and 14.4 idling
  20. arran

I've had the car since November but no idea how old the battery is. The lights do seem to dim a little when I've just started the car, moving slowly and turning, probably should have mentioned that but I only just put two and two together
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.