Search results

1. Didn’t last long...

Didn’t sell last week, or this week by the looks of it. https://www.copart.co.uk/lot/34895818 Hasn’t reached reserve, and yet bidding went up to £2,050 as far as I could see. Given you can buy a 6 month old used one for £14.5k before discount, or a brand new one for £17.5k ish I still can’t...
  2. Why no option for a LED upgrade

Thanks for that - I hadn’t looked at that thread! Looks like I need to talk to my dealer...I’m replacing the car that was written off with one the same, but with the addition of BEATs audio. So that’s an Ibiza FR DSG with panoramic roof (still an option) LED lights (now standard), adaptive...
  3. Didn’t last long...

Haha yes, and it’s got an almost full tank of petrol, so should be blue to do another 350 miles easily :smoke:
  4. Didn’t last long...

Up to £425 with a day and a half to go :lol:
  5. Didn’t last long...

Now available at a CoPart auction, if anyone’s interested :cheeky: https://www.copart.co.uk/lot/34895818
  6. GAP Insurance

I’d disagree it’s needed in year 1 - pretty much all insurers replace new for old if the damage is too high. Ours was insured by LV, and written off at 9 weeks old. I’d taken out the SEAT finance for the £1,500 deposit contribution, but settled after a month. LV offered to source a new car...
  7. Didn’t last long...

Yes, I remember the pre March 1st buzz from a number of us! Our car had done around 2,000 miles when the accident happened. And almost 300 of those were picking it up from Liverpool :roflmao: I think pretty much all insurers offer new for old in the first year don’t they? It’s year 2 onwards...
  8. Ibiza storage pack-drawers or no drawers ?

In my experience the things that all (I say all, but certainly BMW, Audi and MB) describe as drawers under the seats are always just cubbys with a bottom hinged cover. Is that what the SEAT ones are like? I’ve never found anything real use for them, though perhaps the Merc had a first aid kit...
  9. 1.5 EVO is no more?

Seems odd...it’s still on the Configurator, or at lest it was yesterday. Though speaking to the sales guy on Friday at the dealer we bought ours from (to explore getting a replacement) he said that the upcoming changes in emission regs and the need for manufacturers to retest all vehicles is...
  10. Ibiza vs Kia Rio vs Ford Fiesta vs Citroen C3

Our A3 e-tron had the 7 speed DSG box...I liked it! There must be millions of DSG cars on the road now; we had ours three and a half years and no problems :) And the one in our Ibiza managed 2,000 miles without an issue :roflmao:
  11. Ibiza vs Kia Rio vs Ford Fiesta vs Citroen C3

What Car say the Ibiza is the best small automatic (even if their caption describes a variant that’s not availabelll!) https://www.whatcar.com/news/best-worst-small-automatic-cars/#11
  12. Didn’t last long...

The insurance company are paying out on a new for old basis, so giving me what it would cost (after discount) to buy a new one today. They’re including the cost of the armrest in the payout, because I sent them a copy of the invoice, so I didn’t even try and remove it :) The car is being...
  13. Ibiza vs Kia Rio vs Ford Fiesta vs Citroen C3

Although, with the almost 19% discount available if you take finance from SEAT at 115 DSG FR in standard blue is ‘only’ around £15,400 I think. Interestingly (or not...) the basic C3 Avis rented to me in Greece did have auto folding mirrors, but no parking sensors. It also had Apple CarPlay...
  14. Didn’t last long...

Yes, it’s a very modern platform with lots of passive and active safety kit, which has worked well. For that reason alone a new one is very appealing, though I’m sure the Fabia, Ibiza, Polo and upcoming A1 will perform similarly. I don’t know if they all have the same level of active safety kit...
  15. Didn’t last long...

Regardless of the soft touch plastics or otherwise of the main dash, the dash inserts such as the piano black one on the SEAT are a separate matter. My BMW has a polished black dash trim, and dense, soft touch dashboard. I never touch either. The polished black has fine scratches that catch the...
  16. Didn’t last long...

Not entirely sure how it happened yet, but the emd result eas a collision with a stone wall and a street sign. The new car will be exactly the same as the ‘old’ (10 weeks old...) one, with the addition of the Beats audio upgrade, just because. Mihht add the wireless charging as well. The...
  17. Didn’t last long...

View of the police is that the front radar / collision assist / auto braking stuff or whatever it’s called meant that the impact speed was much lower than it would otherwise have been. Not sure the Fiesta even has that? Assume the Polo does, but I’m not sure. Passenger cell completely intact...
  18. Didn’t last long...

I’ve driven both the new Polo and the new Fiesta, and I’ll be ordering another SEAT. I’ve never been a great Ford fan, and I really really don’t like the driving position or interior of it. Plus, three years ago I had a Focus hire car with the 1.0T engine, and it broke down on the M1. So Ford...
  19. Didn’t last long...

Driver (my partner) fine, albeit bruised. Car crashed yesterday, written off today and claim being settled Monday. I highly recommend LV! As to Zooms question in the other thread as to whether I’d order it or the C3 if I was ordering again... I didn’t expect to have to actually be doing...