Search results

1. Seat base swapping

Yeah, it was a thought that just popped into my head. Ideally I'd want to do the backrest too but as that has more stuff in it with the airbag that's probably best left alone. Not looked any more into it yet but I need to talk to a trimer about another car soon so will speak to them about it then.
  2. Seat base swapping

Bit of a weird one this but someone might know. I've got a 17 plate 300 ST with the bucket seats, all good. 95% of the time it's me in the car ion my own. As a result the driver's seat gets a lot more use than any other. I'm pretty pleased with how well it's doing, however, I'm wondering...
  3. Cupra Oil Filter??

Nice one ta. Good spot on the sump plugs I'd forgotten that.
  4. Digital / Virtual Cockpit retrofit yet?

Cool, ta, I'll see if I can find the instagram bits.
  5. Digital / Virtual Cockpit retrofit yet?

Apologies if this has been asked a thousand times already but I had a quick look and couldn't find a definitive answer. Does anyone know if it's feasible to retrofit a digital / virtual cockpit set up in a car that didn't have one from new? Mine is a 17 plate 300 ST so has the high nav. No...
  6. Cupra Oil Filter??

Does anyone happen to know part numbers and the best place to get hold of an oil filter? I am doing mid service interval oil changes on my car to make sure it's tip top. Usually get consumables like oil, filters etc when doing this sort of thing from places like Opie Oils, ECP or Halfrauds...
  7. tyre pressure range for cupra 300

Yes, my 300 seems very sensitive to it too, more than I'm used to on this type of car but fair enough. Mine had been feeling a little odd for a couple of days this week and last night the pressure warning sounded. Checked it and the suspect tyre (front right) was at 30psi. Pumped it up and...
  8. Alloy wheel damage

Jesus, that's shite, give em hell. For "we couldn't match the paint" read "we couldn't be arsed spending any more money than it would cost to swap a wheel from one car to another."
  9. Cupra 300 Alloy Wheels

Couldn't agree more. When mine start to corrode they'll be refurbed without diamond polishing. I want a second set to put winters on and same goes for those if they need a refurb before I start using them.
  10. Boot Gas Struts

Is that possible? It amused me slightly when I got my car that it didn't have them.
  11. Dogbone insert on a 4drive 300

Ta, reckon I'll leave it then, that S3 experience is really useful. I've certainly not noticed any issues thus far but that said I haven't launched it hard from low speed yet.
  12. Dogbone insert on a 4drive 300

I'm going to get a full geometry set up on my car in the next few weeks as I like to be sure it's right. While it's up in the air I'm wondering about fitting a dogbone insert. My question simply is whether it's worth it on a 4drive car? The back wheels getting some of the power must help with...
  13. Cupra 300 - Homolgated Wheel and tyre sizes

Yeah, that's standard. Manufacturers often have a few alternate wheel and tyre sizes that are "allowed" - sometimes they're smaller for things like winter tyre use. My idea is that if I got something other than the identical sized ones as standard, as long as it's a size Seat has homologated...
  14. Cupra 300 - Homolgated Wheel and tyre sizes

Ta, found it. Amusingly for the Cupra the permitted wheels are the 19s they come on or the 18s from the FRs. Then in the recommended winter tyre sizes section the biggest tyre recommended is a 205/55 R17 :rofl: As such I think I'll just get a set of 19s ideally or 18s if I can get a decent...
  15. Cupra 300 - Homolgated Wheel and tyre sizes

Ah brill thanks. Which section? Link is just bringing up the whole lot.
  16. Cupra 300 - Homolgated Wheel and tyre sizes

Ta, I'll have a look.
  17. Cupra 300 - Homolgated Wheel and tyre sizes

Does anyone have the list of homologated wheel and tyre sizes available for a 300 ST 4drive? In other cars I've owned they're always listed in the manual but the Leon says they're on the CoC which I don't have unless I ask Seat for it. Reason is that I want to buy a spare set to put winter...
  18. Any Pic's Of Mystery Blue Cupra 5 Door's Coming Thro' ?

Quite! I was surprised. I'm guessing just the blades as they don't cover the whole sills and seem to be just stuck on. They look like this:
  19. Any Pic's Of Mystery Blue Cupra 5 Door's Coming Thro' ?

Ah yes, that's the things. Right, added to the little list I'm developing. As far as side skirts go my car has them! I only noticed on Saturday and when I checked back they're not on the car in the pictures in the advert! I'm certainly not complaining!
  20. Any Pic's Of Mystery Blue Cupra 5 Door's Coming Thro' ?

Will do. Are the blades the bits that go on the edges of the rear screen? If so, mine is missing those too. Where did you get them from and how much? Also, how much of a faff are they to fit, do you know?