Search results

1. ryzzey

Rain/Light Sensor Coding Mk3 FR

Sorry I can’t be of more help, only thing I could suggest is joining the Mk3 Leon Owners Club Facebook group, lots of knowhow in there and no doubt someone knows how to solve the issue.
  2. ryzzey

Yeah I know what you mean. Do you get any fault codes with obd11 at all?
  3. ryzzey

That’s strange then, not sure what else to try other than removing and reinserting the sensor.
  4. ryzzey

Have you got the stalk in the first position, as in up one click? Needs to be there to activate the sensor.
  5. ryzzey

What to look out for when buying a used FR?

‘Seat Approved Used’ means absolutely nothing. I part exchanged a Mk3 I had that had been in a serious crash (before I owned it) and repaired badly, had issues with the heating and gearbox was rattling. The dealer sold it on a week later as ‘Approved Used’ there’s no way they were aware of the...
  6. ryzzey

Replacement rain sensor needed after new windscreen?

Yikes! The part number for the rain/light/humidity sensor is:5Q0955547B If you search eBay for ‘rain sensor gel pad’ you should be able to find one for either a Golf or a Leon, both are the same size. It’s very easy to swap out the sensor by removing the trim and rear view mirror, I’d try a...
  7. ryzzey

New Leon mk4 thoughts

Just looking at the price list now and the FR First Edition comes with the following on top of thr FR spec: Black roof lining, 18" wheels instead of 17", reverse camera, adaptive chassis control, road sign display, predictive cruise control, mild hybrid engine, keyless start instead of just...
  8. ryzzey

New Leon mk4 thoughts

Yeah the Golf has also done away with the buttons, I also thought the touch sensitive headlight switch buttons were fiddly and so sensitive I could find myself struggling at night, I know they are auto but with fog lights etc it might be a struggle at first, but yes better higher up on the Golf...
  9. ryzzey

New Leon mk4 thoughts

I took the new Leon for a test drive at the weekend as I'm still indecided as to whether or not I actually like it. It felt the same to drive as my current FR but I have to say the touchscreen is a pain to use while driving, couldnt change the fan speed for the air con. I also couldnt get the...
  10. ryzzey

OBDeleven modifications

For some reason it doesn’t work on my 2017 FR, despite me being able to do it manually and change all the colours and add new ones. The app to add 10 or 30 colours just won’t work, says my vehicle isn’t compatible.
  11. ryzzey

Air con

It’s ridiculous, £140 to re-gas mine. Car is 3 years old and my air con is on auto mode all the time and running perfectly. Not going to bother until I notice any issues, feel like I’d be throwing £140 down the drain.
  12. ryzzey

Facelift proximity sensor.

Annoyingly the menu option is still there to select proximity sensor on or off, spent ages thinking my facelift had it then realised it just doesn’t have one.
  13. ryzzey

2020 Forum and website upgrade - feeback here

Ah you’re right, just tried it again and took me to the latest post. I think it might have been to do with cookies or something, as in it now remembers I’ve visited the thread before so goes to the most recent post not the first. All good, great work!
  14. ryzzey

2020 Forum and website upgrade - feeback here

Really liking the new design, much more modern and feels like a social media site of its own! My only comment is I keep clicking on the thread titles and it takes me to the first page of the thread, I’m used to going to the latest post. Is there a way to make it clearer rather than having to...
  15. ryzzey

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

That new software looks smart,where did you get the software file and how did you update? (not the maps, I’m just interested in the actual software) thanks
  16. ryzzey

I cant thank everyone who's contributed to this thread enough! I now have OEM auto lights and wipers which are both working perfectly, I thought whilst I was furloughed I'd get on with some mods to the car and this one was suprisingly simple. Can't actually believe how low cost and simple this...
  17. ryzzey

Road accident- Seat Ensurance

The Seat Ensurance that comes with new cars. I wasn't made aware of it at the time and Admiral handled the whole claims process, had I contacted Seat Ensurance they would have used their approved garage etc and it would have been a better job.
  18. ryzzey

Road accident- Seat Ensurance

I had a shocking experience with a garage approved by Admiral, to the point I now refuse to insure with them. Car went back for rectifications about 8 times and still wasn't right, wish I had known about Ensurance before. They took me to a Seat approved garage who did an amazing job, definitely...
  19. ryzzey

Tailgate/boot rattle

I had this issue on my 2017 FR, dealer said it was a common issue with Leons and they adjusted the alignment of the boot which sorted it straight away. May not be the same issue but might be worth checking if you have warranty. Otherwise taping up the rear seat latches may work as I know this...
  20. ryzzey

SW update for MIB2 infotainment system?

I’m pretty stuck then, I have issues with CarPlay crashing frequently as well as it always enabling shuffle and repeat when streaming music on Bluetooth. My local garage said they checked and there were no updates, I’m sure there is an update available. Nothing I can do though I suppose!
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise